2017 Line-up

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Looks like we get to play all the best teams from previous year twice again.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Re: Combinations - How important and have we got it right?

I'm certain this could've gone in the 2017 line-up thread.

Sam Thaiday in the middle doesn't work, we've established that already, if he's playing he's either starting on an edge or playing off the bench in small spurts. At this current point in time, this would be my 17, subject to change based on signing news and pre-season form.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Pangai Jr
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Glenn
15. Ese'ese
16. Ofahengaue
17. Marshall

We need Arrow & Su'A playing 80 minutes a game in their respective positions in the ISC for the whole year, they'll filter into the team in 2018 once Glenn moves on and we've figured out which of Ese'ese & Ofahengaue is a long-term piece and which is expendable.

Pangai Jr at prop? Interesting.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I can see Bennet comprising the bench of those who standout in pre-season.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Pangai Jr at prop? Interesting.

Yeahhh, short of us signing anyone else, I think the only options are starting a young fella. The only 2 realistic ones are starting Arrow at lock or starting Pangai at prop and shifting McGuire. I'm hoping TPJ can provide us with a similar work load as someone like Fifita, play 45-50 minutes but run as hard and as fast as you can every run of that 45-50 minutes.

And I'm just speculating here, but the recent article where McGuire sounded like he was looking forward to playing lock next season, like Wayne may have given him the heads up, but that could be completely wrong.

Last edited:
mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

Don't touch the left hand side. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. Swapping Roberts over there would only see Oates shut out on the wing. Agree with the Kahu and Roberts switch though. Roberts just doesn't pass the ball enough and Kahu is wasted on the wing. If he doesn't get the left centre spot then he should be our right centre but under no circumstances should Roberts be our left centre.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

And I'm just speculating here, but the recent article where McGuire sounded like he was looking forward to playing lock next season, like Wayne may have given him the heads up, but that could be completely wrong.

I think a reporter asked McGuire if he would like to play lock and McGuire said he would love to.

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
Does the number of interchanges allowed drop again next year and is that a factor to take into consideration? I don't think the drop this year had the impact most people expected but another one might start to hurt the bigger teams.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Does the number of interchanges allowed drop again next year and is that a factor to take into consideration? I don't think the drop this year had the impact most people expected but another one might start to hurt the bigger teams.
That's because, imo the players learnt the boundaries of what you can get away with in the ruck...and gradually the reffs let it slip as the season went on.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

It didn't have the impact because every team, us included, exploited the concussion rules. Has anyone ever seen so many head knocks as there were in this season's finals series? It was a farce.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Dodds is a clear replacement for Jarrod Wallace. Wallace was in the 17 every week as will Dodds.

Who's the better player out of the two?

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Dodds is a clear replacement for Jarrod Wallace. Wallace was in the 17 every week as will Dodds.

Who's the better player out of the two?

Wallace by far! He will possibly play a game for QLD, some day.

Last edited:
mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
It didn't have the impact because every team, us included, exploited the concussion rules. Has anyone ever seen so many head knocks as there were in this season's finals series? It was a farce.

I got a head knock just reading that sentence. Free interchange card please

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Dodds is a back up player there for injuries and origin. We had players biding there time in q cup and they deserve first crack, like offa eseese and even Jayden Sua

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Don't tell unbreakable that :laugh:

I will be proven right eventually, he won't play for Queensland at any point, even if our 5 best props do ACL's next year he wouldn't make the team.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
1. Scott
2. Myles
3. McGuire
4. Napa
5. Lillyman

I guess? Who comes in next?

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I will be proven right eventually, he won't play for Queensland at any point, even if our 5 best props do ACL's next year he wouldn't make the team.

I would be struggling to name 4 props if our best 5 got struck down with injury. He would definitely be in the conversation.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mustafur
  • Redfern_1980
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.