2017 Line-up

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Hasn't got the motor yet .
If he can kick arse for 20 minutes, then for another 20 at the end of the game, I don't see the issue. Then he can build towards kicking arse for 50 or 60 minutes a match. Taumalolo averages 51 minutes per game. There's no reason why our lock needs to be a big minute player.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Ben Barba anyone? Premiership winning fullback.

lol

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
And now he is back in the unemployment line.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
If he can kick arse for 20 minutes, then for another 20 at the end of the game, I don't see the issue. Then he can build towards kicking arse for 50 or 60 minutes a match. Taumalolo averages 51 minutes per game. There's no reason why our lock needs to be a big minute player.

No they don't , but would much rather Mcguire at lock . And our props to have short stints

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
We can't move McGuire, we don't have a dominant prop to replace him that's why it's gotta be Pangai or Arrow

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The more I think about it the more I think McGuire might need to move to lock just to keep that experienced player on the field.

If McGuire stays at prop
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Sammy
12. Gillett
13. Arrow/Glenn/TPJ/Offa/??

14. Dodds/Ese/Offa
15. TPJ
16. Glenn/Arrow
17. Knik

McGuire to lock
8. Dodds/Ese/Offa
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Sammy
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Ese/Offa/Arrow
15. TPJ
16. Glenn
17. Knik

Keeping McGuire at prop means a potential rotation of Dodds and TPJ when him and Blair are off or one of Glenn/TPJ/Knik are dropped for Offa/Ese on the bench

You're also potentially relying on arrow to start at lock and likely having to share his minutes with Glenn/TPJ. I don't think TPJ has the legs for lock and Glenn seems too light as a starting lock.

Alternativley McGuire was putting up huge numbers several years ago when he was having to play 80mins, due to injuries from memory, and is likely our best option to take on the 80mins workload lost from Parker's retirement

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2016/11/08/pangai_chases_family.html

[FONT=&quot]NEW NRMA Insurance Broncos' signing Mosese Pangai has a reason close to his heart to want to play for the Brisbane Broncos.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pangai joins Red Hill from the Townsville Blackhawks and began with the opening training session yesterday (Monday).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Broncos members and fans will recognise the Pangai name after young 20-year-old giant Tevita Pangai Junior broke into the NRL this year.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now his older brother wants to realise a family dream.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"I have been looking forward to it - I'm excited," said the 24-year-old, who made his NRL debut for the North Queensland Cowboys in 2012 and has played two Tests for Tonga.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"We were at the Canberra Raiders for a year together but we have signed here for two years.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It would be great to get some game time together – that’s the idea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It’s one of the many goals I have and it would be awesome to achieve it."[/FONT]

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
He and Corey Norman will get along well with each other

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
1. Bevan French
2. Semi Radradra
3. Michael Jennings
4. Clint Gutherson
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Ben Barba
7. Corey Norman

Pretty slick backline
1 Barba
2 Semi Radradra
3 Jennings
4 Hoffman
3 French
6 Gutherson
7 Norman

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Does anyone really know much about Marion Seve, do you think he get a run next year?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Does anyone really know much about Marion Seve, do you think he get a run next year?
Not in our full strength backline.

Possibly around Origin or if an injury curse strikes. Assuming he is playing good footy in the ISC at the time

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • thenry
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • DrGee
  • KickHaas
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • scobie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Lostboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.