2017 Line-up

C

charbel

NYC Player
Nov 8, 2015
I think Granville used to push him
I believe Boyd was a very close second from memory.
I recall reading from a few sources they're the two fittest at the club in just about every measurement and then daylight.

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I believe Boyd was a very close second from memory.
I recall reading from a few sources they're the two fittest at the club in just about every measurement and then daylight.

And this is where milford should be as well . If he can get close to thisr type of fitness, he would be so hard to handle !!

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
Milford was terrible in last years test. I hope he's improved.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
And isn't too fond of the tough stuff! He is only young though, and is a star of the future that's for sure.

Looking forward to watching his progression over the next couple of years. Hopefully he really steps it up in his second season of NRL.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
[h=1]Herman Ese’ese says he wants to win a place in the Broncos top 17 next season[/h]
FORWARD Herman Ese’ese has shed 16kg in a year in a bid to win a place in the Broncos’ top 17.

The young prop returned to Broncos pre-season training last week fitter and slimmer after dropping 4kg in the off-season.
He said the weight loss was a continuation of 12 months of work and the 22-year-old said he was on a mission to put last year’s “dark” off-season behind him.
Ese’ese moved to Brisbane in last September, without a contract and living on his manager’s couch.
Within three months he had signed with Intrust Super Cup club Souths Logan and two months later was picked up by the Broncos.

With Corey Parker and Jarrod Wallace no longer at Red Hill, Ese’ese has a renewed motivation to achieve his goals.
“Last off-season I let myself go and I was in a dark area,” he said. “When I was playing in Sydney, I was just playing Cup and I was on the bench most of the time.
“It was a different vibe. I didn’t have that belief in me that I could play first grade.
“The handful of games I got last year with the Broncos gave me a confidence boost. I wanted to train hard, watch what I eat and come back slimmer.
“I know that I’m ready for the top level. I take that personally and it gives me the motivation to work hard. Hopefully now I can train the house down.’’

Ese’ese said his off-season diet focused on cutting out carbs and eating smaller portions.
He now weighs 113kg and is eyeing a regular first-grade spot.
After playing eight games for Brisbane last year, he knows he can handle the pressures of weekly NRL.
“It’s helped me a lot being in Brisbane and being coached by Wayne (Bennett),” he said.
“He’s helped me a lot on the field and off the field.
“With the retirement of Corey Parker and departure of Jarrod Wallace, there’s a couple spots available so I will definitely put my hand up for one of them.’’

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Didn't realise he was that big. 129kg before last season?

Sounds a bit inflated (pun not intended) but it's good to see he's got the right attitude.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
They all sound like they have a good attitude when a journo is asking the questions (unless you're Boyd doing a Bennett).

Just once I'd like to hear someone like Ponga say: "Yeah I'm really happy with the Knight's deal. To be perfectly honest I've been working my ring off since I was 12 years old. This contract means I can finally take it easy for a couple of years. I really admire players like Dave Taylor, though he probably started his run a bit early, which is why I instructed my manager to go for 5 years, really give me that breathing room until my next contract comes up and I have to get my shit together again".

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
First game at home will be the Cows, Friday 10th March.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
hopefully the 7:30 kick off, not that stupid 6pm start

My membership will go down the drain if we get too many 6pms

Give Canberra some FTA coverage. They have nothing to do down there anyway.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Round 1. Sharks v Broncos at Southern Cross Group Stadium, Thursday March 2, 8:00pm.
Round 2. Broncos v Cowboys at Suncorp Stadium, Friday March10, 7:05pm.
Round 3. Storm v Broncos at Aami Park, Thursday March 16, 8:00 pm.

So far the first three game are tough.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Good, see what we're made of real quick.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • thenry
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.