15. Glenn
16. Oats
17. Pangai jr

My 17.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Does anyone have any shock selections that could come this year?
I'm questioning if Hunt will actually be in the team come round 1. The Nines squad is very strong with the entire spine, bar Hunt being selected. If Benji has a strong pre season, he could end up pushing for that spot and Hunt being relegated to the bench or QCup. People will say oh the Broncos don't want both their halves in the Nines, but surely if a half was being rested it would be Milford and the fact that the entire back 6 bar Mead with his knee injury has been selected, as well as Macca and Blair, I am really questioning if Hunt is in their plans anymore.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Hunt will definitely be in the team come round 1. He is the best halfback at the club by a long shot.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Hunt will definitely be in the team come round 1. He is the best halfback at the club by a long shot.
Says the guy with a Hunt photo... I honestly don't know if he is... He isn't a halfback in my eyes, he's a Five-Eighth. Lacks the directional play and kicking game of a traditional Half-back. If the whole spine wasn't selected then yes, i assumed Hunt would be in the squad round 1. But the fact that literally the entire back 6 and hooker (other than Mead with his knee strain) have been selected is a huge red flag to me.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I'm questioning if Hunt will actually be in the team come round 1. The Nines squad is very strong with the entire spine, bar Hunt being selected. If Benji has a strong pre season, he could end up pushing for that spot and Hunt being relegated to the bench or QCup. People will say oh the Broncos don't want both their halves in the Nines, but surely if a half was being rested it would be Milford and the fact that the entire back 6 bar Mead with his knee injury has been selected, as well as Macca and Blair, I am really questioning if Hunt is in their plans anymore.

I think it is more a fact of Bennett wants Milford to gain some confidence, so he hits the ground running (literally) . And also i think he wants the boys gel with this sort of style, which i think we will play this year.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Says the guy with a Hunt photo... I honestly don't know if he is... He isn't a halfback in my eyes, he's a Five-Eighth. Lacks the directional play and kicking game of a traditional Half-back. If the whole spine wasn't selected then yes, i assumed Hunt would be in the squad round 1. But the fact that literally the entire back 6 and hooker (other than Mead with his knee strain) have been selected is a huge red flag to me.

I can't see Hunt not playing a big part for us this year!

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I think it is more a fact of Bennett wants Milford to gain some confidence, so he hits the ground running (literally) . And also i think he wants the boys gel with this sort of style, which i think we will play this year.
To me it still doesn't make sense not playing Hunt if he is going to be the halfback... I dunno. Very scepticle. I guess we will find out in few weeks...

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Oh okay, Ben Hunt isn't a halfback, but Benji Marshall is?

How do those straws feel pudding?
I'd say Benji has marginally better game control than Hunt does. Hunt is a better player, don't get me wrong, but I think Marshall does offer better game management, albeit marginally.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
See, I like halfbacks who can manage to score points.

Even if Benji was able to force more repeat sets, something he failed to do last season, anyone who watched him could tell the Dragons were a rabble who relied heavily on their forward pack to score points.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

Lets for one minute forget that he signed with the dragons, do you honestly believe that Bennett would not start him over Marshall on the basis of form alone?

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Marshall is more of a 5/8 then Hunt is. I really hope Milf roams and really inserts him self this year like JT does with the cowboys.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Benji himself has said he's not a halfback.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Ben Hunt didn't go to the nines in 2015 or 2016 either

Guess the red flags have been out for awhile

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Ben Hunt didn't go to the nines in 2015 or 2016 either

Guess the red flags have been out for awhile
That's a good point, But Milford also didn't go in 2016, and Boyd didn't go in 2015 (was injured). But still, him signing elsewhere does throw a bit of a spanner in the works. Will see how it pans out.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
If Francis Molo has a good start and is training his ass of I think he could be a shock selection at 1 stage.

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Bish
  • The Strapper
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • bert_lifts
  • Hoof Hearted
  • heartly87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • Fozz
  • Lostboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Matheos
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.