2017 Line-up

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
Josh McGuire got hamstring injury this morning. He not gone take part in trail match on Saturday.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
That's a good point, But Milford also didn't go in 2016, and Boyd didn't go in 2015 (was injured). But still, him signing elsewhere does throw a bit of a spanner in the works. Will see how it pans out.

Potentially Ben hunt isn't going because we have no halfback depth and if he goes down in an exhibition tournament our season is spent.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Everything is speculation anyway. Everyone was convinced Hunt would stay, he didn't.

I don't think many people thought drags would throw $6 million at him either.

I'd say broncs probably had anywhere between $600-$850k lined up for hunt over next 3 years.

I now think they should use that money towards re-signings for key players in the squad (Blair, moose, macca, Kahu, Oates, Boyd (probs no increase) etc.) and offer Benji another year on cheap wages (would allow him to retire whilst starting).

Heading into 2019 we'd have much the same squad now and a lot more halves off contract (Taylor). Milf would also have consistency around him to develop into our star man and an experienced half outside him

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I don't think many people thought drags would throw $6 million at him either.

I'd say broncs probably had anywhere between $600-$850k lined up for hunt over next 3 years.

I now think they should use that money towards re-signings for key players in the squad (Blair, moose, macca, Kahu, Oates, Boyd (probs no increase) etc.) and offer Benji another year on cheap wages (would allow him to retire whilst starting).

Heading into 2019 we'd have much the same squad now and a lot more halves off contract (Taylor). Milf would also have consistency around him to develop into our star man and an experienced half outside him

But we need a halfback for 18 ?? So we need that money to buy one or entice one ...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Says the guy with a Hunt photo... I honestly don't know if he is... He isn't a halfback in my eyes, he's a Five-Eighth. Lacks the directional play and kicking game of a traditional Half-back. If the whole spine wasn't selected then yes, i assumed Hunt would be in the squad round 1. But the fact that literally the entire back 6 and hooker (other than Mead with his knee strain) have been selected is a huge red flag to me.

Bennett has told Hunt he will be going with him this year.

Ben Hunt will be in the side in Round 1. He will remain in the side for the season.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
I'm questioning if Hunt will actually be in the team come round 1. The Nines squad is very strong with the entire spine, bar Hunt being selected. If Benji has a strong pre season, he could end up pushing for that spot and Hunt being relegated to the bench or QCup. People will say oh the Broncos don't want both their halves in the Nines, but surely if a half was being rested it would be Milford and the fact that the entire back 6 bar Mead with his knee injury has been selected, as well as Macca and Blair, I am really questioning if Hunt is in their plans anymore.
You are delusional

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
To me it still doesn't make sense not playing Hunt if he is going to be the halfback... I dunno. Very scepticle. I guess we will find out in few weeks...
Willing to put a bet on? Hunt will be our starting number 7. $1000.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Might as well sign Scott Prince again if we want to go with Marshall as our first choice half.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
@9NewsBrisbane can exclusively reveal Sam Thaiday is considering making 2017 Origin series his last @AdamJackson_9 has the details in sport

Would be a good decision imo, pick up one more Origin win, retire from rep duty at the same time as Thurston, focus on helping us win another title.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I'm questioning if Hunt will actually be in the team come round 1.

Heard from an insider they're gonna pay him his $400k salary to play in QCup because you gotta dip, you gotta doodle, you gotta eat Grandma's stroodle.

Fuziondroid

Fuziondroid

NYC Player
Nov 14, 2016
Most sensible thing ive heard so far. . I wouldn't play him at all

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Most sensible thing ive heard so far. . I wouldn't play him at all
Premiership windows don't stay open for ever. We have some strong talent and coming through and we still face a battle to retain a load of our current 17 for next season. We need to have a crack this year and Hunt is the best option.

Fuziondroid

Fuziondroid

NYC Player
Nov 14, 2016
Im not convinced on last year..blood new talent. .let benji play half

Fuziondroid

Fuziondroid

NYC Player
Nov 14, 2016
I'll rephrase that...

Blood new talent like kodi...or bring on some experience like benji.

Take any money dragons will give us and release him now..

I would rather go with a player committed to the club now. .

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Lostboy
  • Skathen
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • RolledOates
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • Dash
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.