2017 Line-up

I am think Jaydn Su'A might be able to jag a spot in the 17.

Looks physically imposing and dangerous.

Could he bolt into a starting second rower?

I would like that, but don't think there is a place for him with Gillett and Thaiday the guys who are probably going to be in his way.

I would really like him to get a bench spot though.

I would like that, but don't think there is a place for him with Gillett and Thaiday the guys who are probably going to be in his way.

There's going to be 2 or 3 blokes unlucky to miss out on the 17, which is a good position for the team to be in.

Yeah it certainly is a problem but what if McGuire stays at prop? Could Thaiday or Gillett shift to lock and have Su'a at 11 or 12?

Yeah it certainly is a problem but what if McGuire stays at prop? Could Thaiday or Gillett shift to lock and have Su'a at 11 or 12?

Could definitely see that. I personally wouldn't move Thaiday out from that second row as he is easily best on the edge. Could Su'A play at lock if McGuire stays at prop?

Do you think we'll play 1 or 2 props on the bench? 2 props likely means only 1 of Glenn, Su'a and TPJ will get a game.

Do you think we'll play 1 or 2 props on the bench? 2 props likely means only 1 of Glenn, Su'a and TPJ will get a game.

Well I think there will be 2 props on the bench. For the last forward spot I would have Su'A instead of Glenn as he has more X factor and more explosive.

I'm making the call boys, let's build something special.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Sims
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Su'A
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Glenn
15. Thaiday
16. Pangai Jr
17. Ese'ese / Ofahengaue / Molo

Su'a does look great... But he's still so young, and we have great players in those positions already. I would say he'll get a run around origin time again this year and be great injury cover.

There is no rush to get these kids into the first grade team. Another year of growing and playing against men will do him good.

Sua will get his go. All of them will. It's good to have depth players with decent ability.. the club and bennett has restored that. We've come a long way from Maranta and Whitchurch already. Just cause a young player shows some good touches doesn't mean they're an automatic selection.. they have to earn their spot and dig in.

Su'a does look great... But he's still so young, and we have great players in those positions already. I would say he'll get a run around origin time again this year and be great injury cover.

There is no rush to get these kids into the first grade team. Another year of growing and playing against men will do him good.

The only reason I want Su'A in first is not just because I think he is good enough, but also because he would make our team better.

Might be slightly controversial but I would put him on the bench in place of Glenn.

Could he bolt into a starting second rower?

No, they need an edge forward on the bench anyway someone that can fill wing, centre. Glenn does that at the moment. Glenn probably has to go though if they want to keep him. 2018 will be a transition season , exciting stuff. Don't get premiership hopes up.

The only reason I want Su'A in first is not just because I think he is good enough, but also because he would make our team better.

Might be slightly controversial but I would put him on the bench in place of Glenn.
Thing is.. we are seeing him do good things for like, a couple minutes in a very different format.

Glenn is tested and trusted. You don't just replace dependable veterans for rookies who show a bit of promise. Experience counts for something.. counts for a LOT

Unread

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  • Galah
  • Lozza
  • Rookie Alan
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosAlways
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.