2018 NRL Side

Yep, kick a 29 year old, 200 plus game veteran and international who had one of his best seasons in 2017 for a guy who hasn’t been able to crack first grade.

Sounds like an excellent idea.

not to mention a player that doesn't cost us an arm and a leg

I've been waiting for him to break his shoulder with the way he lands when doing those big diving tries
If you think that then he's sure to break it defending against 120kg blokes running at him all game

Glenn gets through a tonne of work if I remember correctly. Consistently had the most metres run and minutes played. Lots of defence too. If he scores more tries he'd get a lot more respect around here.
Prior to the backend of 2017 Alex has been off his game for at least two seasons. I admire the way he fought back towards the end of 2017, i really do, but I think his time has come and gone. Benny loves the guy because of his life struggles, but he has axed bigger names than Glenn when they stopped performing. Unless he ups his game, the first loss we suffer he'll be gone.

Glenn gets through a tonne of work if I remember correctly. Consistently had the most metres run and minutes played. Lots of defence too. If he scores more tries he'd get a lot more respect around here.

100% and he runs just as good a line as Oates does. The thing for me is Oates’ lateral defence, one on one he’s got a great tackling technique but I’m not so sure about his decision making and his ability to cover the ground laterally

The worst thing about is that it pushes a young bloke off the bench which will most likely result in us losing one of Su'a, Haas, Carrigan, or Fifita. He'll be a massive liability in defence and moved back to the wing anyway, whether he has a hissy fit and leaves the club is another matter.
On the other hand it makes us less likely to lose our younger backs, as with Oates on the wing our team is so stacked from 1-6 that it's hard for a younger guy to see where they could land a starting gig.

Unless he ups his game, the first loss we suffer he'll be gone.

Bennett only re-signed him last year ... and IMO Bennett is unlikely to drop him any time soon, the worst he will do is drop him to the bench.

Glenn isn't the flashy type of player that sticks in fans minds, but he just goes about his job. the type of player every team needs due to his experience, work rate and the fact that he doesn't coast a fortune

If you think that then he's sure to break it defending against 120kg blokes running at him all game
Because he's such a small guy right. You can't even use your shoulder in a tackle this days. Oats is bigger than some forwards getting around and it won't be anything new to him having to run onto the ball

Who is loyal, hard working, squeaky clean off the field and a great leader

Weren't you saying he was the number 1 candidate to be moved on less than 12 months ago? Now he's suddenly the ultimate Broncos club-man and it's blasphemy to even question his contributions?

For the record, I like Glenn, but come on.

Weren't you saying he was the number 1 candidate to be moved on less than 12 months ago? Now he's suddenly the ultimate Broncos club-man and it's blasphemy to even question his contributions?

For the record, I like Glenn, but come on.

I think you are using a it of hyperbole there. This post is in response to a comment that Glenn should be punted for Su'a, not that his contributions can't be questioned. That seems a case of taking 2 + 2 and getting 86.

I think you are using a it of hyperbole there. This post is in response to a comment that Glenn should be punted for Su'a, not that his contributions can't be questioned. That seems a case of taking 2 + 2 and getting 86.

That wasn't in response to a Su'A quote, it was in response to a quote about how Glenn doesn't cost an arm and a leg. There's literally no hyperbole at all, Glenn was the odd man out & was looking to be moved on according to certain individual(s) less than 12 months ago, even as recent as the middle of last season from memory.

That wasn't in response to a Su'A quote, it was in response to a quote about how Glenn doesn't cost an arm and a leg. There's literally no hyperbole at all, Glenn was the odd man out & was looking to be moved on according to certain individual(s) than 12 months ago, even as recent as the middle of last season from memory.

"Now he's suddenly the ultimate Broncos club-man and it's blasphemy to even question his contributions?"

This is your comment. How isn't this bolded bit hyperbole?

"Now he's suddenly the ultimate Broncos club-man and it's blasphemy to even question his contributions?"

This is your comment. How isn't this bolded bit hyperbole?

Because that's what's been happening over the last 2 pages?.. Hello?

The last 2 pages is a majority of people defending Glenn and talking about how unbelievably good he is, people were happy with him getting moved on 6 months ago. And according to Smokin' Joe, he was getting moved on 6 months ago. What changed?

Glenn was great last year I must've been watching a different season to others, he's been meh in the past but i thought he stepped up really well in 2017. He's cheap, loves the club, puts in 100% - what more do you want?

I think Glenn becomes the obvious scapegoat because he's not as flashy as others, but as other posters have said, you need proper clubmen like him in your side. You can't have superstars or boom youngsters in every position.

Active Now

• The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.