2018 NRL Side

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Moga has been getting a lot better with his ball play, but Moga has speed and strength what has oppa got.

At the risk od turning it into a Moga/Opacic debate, ill bite.

Reads the game better. Better defender, doesnt give away dumb penalties, more reliable, imo, from seeing him in more than just 8 games playing injured, he is a better finisher than Moga. You also STILL havent said who the ball hog is.

He also wants to play for the Broncos and has turned down the chance to leave and more than triple his wages.

I dont disagree Moga is improving, but he still hasnt shown any signs of being anything but a flat track bully as yet. He has yet to dominate a leading center ( which Opacic has ). If he puts it all together, Moga can be one of the best centers going around. The fact that it took him 26 games before we saw him put together a great defensive performance should speak volumes.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
I dont disagree Moga is improving, but he still hasnt shown any signs of being anything but a flat track bully as yet. He has yet to dominate a leading center ( which Opacic has ).

Excuse my ignorance but what leading centre has opacic dominated? I haven't seen much of him for ages so I can't make a judgement on him either way

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Excuse my ignorance but what leading centre has opacic dominated? I haven't seen much of him for ages so I can't make a judgement on him either way

He showed up Chambers down in Melbourne last year.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Chambers.

I'd argue Moga got the better of Ferguson in their exchange in Round 6. Fergo ran a few in early, but Moga kept him silent for the rest of the game.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Chambers.

I'd argue Moga got the better of Ferguson in their exchange in Round 6. Fergo ran a few in early, but Moga kept him silent for the rest of the game.

If Moga put everything in his game together, he would be pretty unplayable. Im not sure you can coach what he lacks though tbh.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
If Moga put everything in his game together, he would be pretty unplayable. Im not sure you can coach what he lacks though tbh.

Every time you teach him something new it would push something old out of his brain unfortunately.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
The only reason Oppa isn't in a team in Sydney is because he was denied a released.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
The only reason Oppa isn't in a team in Sydney is because he was denied a released.

Thats only partially true, but he doesnt want to leave. He could also have quite easily have been a Melbourne player, but he was refused a release to go to them. If he really wanted to go, Wayne wouldnt have stood in his way. Bennett has fought to keep him here on more than one occasion, and he has had plenty of interest.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Oppa is our only real option as a back up centre he would never have released based on that.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Oppa is our only real option as a back up centre he would never have released based on that.

Well, i know for a fact he could have gone if he wanted to, but he stayed. Bennett never keeps players who dont want to be Broncos. Its not how he works.

We also do have backup. Pangai, Shibasaki, Seve are all centers in our system.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Shibaski is still in 20s and Pangai and Seve aren't at nrl level.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
This is perhaps where a loan system would be beneficial. We give someone oppa allowing him to get first grade experience and fills a whole for another team.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Shibaski is still in 20s and Pangai and Seve aren't at nrl level.

Plenty of 20's play first grade. I dont think Seve is first grade, but Pangai could be, i just dont know what it is with him thats stops him kicking on, and i doubt he ever will. Dont forget we do also have Kahu if we need him at Center as well.

You also have to remember when Tom didnt go to Melbourne, We still had Jack Reed available.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
This is perhaps where a loan system would be beneficial. We give someone oppa allowing him to get first grade experience and fills a whole for another team.

Happens a fair bit in Super league. Our new signing Savelio went on loan to Castleford from St Helens iirc.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I hope this game has ended the moga vs opacic debate....

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Stix
  • rj9
  • Brocko
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Cavalo
  • teampjta
  • GCBRONCO
  • john1420
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.