2018 NRL Side

Well thats the halves problem you shouldnt have you wingers kicking on last and he bombed 1 try and moga when he passes its a shit pass or forward.

Exactly, I lost count of the times we were rudderless last night because of poor decision making and direction from our spine. It was a poor kick and we see plenty of those when a player has a split second to put one in because he has been put in a position that shouldn't have existed in the first place. That is where my concern really lies, the spine, it lacks serious direction in attack and I don't see it improving next season when neither halves are convincing directional, quality kicking playmakers.

Exactly, I lost count of the times we were rudderless last night because of poor decision making and direction from our spine. It was a poor kick and we see plenty of those when a player has a split second to put one in because he has been put in a position that shouldn't have existed in the first place. That is where my concern really lies, the spine, it lacks serious direction in attack and I don't see it improving next season when neither halves are convincing directional, quality kicking playmakers.

I think we should shop around for a new halfback but it most likely wont happen

2018, atleast for me looks like it will be a serious rebuilding season. With all the other teams building great rosters, we're gonna struggle to make the 4 heck even the 8.

Losing a shit tonne of players and gaining only 2.

No game management from our halves. No forward depth. And maybe, just may Wayne has lost?

Either way our prem window has closed imo.

2018 Gains: Jack Bird, Andre Savelio
2018 Losses: Jai Arrow (Gold Coast Titans), Herman Ese'ese (Newcastle Knights), Keegan Hipgrave (Gold Coast Titans), Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons), Matiu Love-Henry (New Zealand Warriors), Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers), Tautau Moga (Newcastle Knights), Francis Molo (released)

Last edited:
Is Blair gone because its not showing anywhere that he is?

2018, atleast for me looks like it will be a serious rebuilding season. With all the other teams building great rosters, we're gonna struggle to make the 4 heck even the 8.

Losing a shit tonne of players and gaining only 2.

No game management from our halves. No forward depth. And maybe, just may Wayne has lost?

Either way our prem window has closed imo.

2018 Gains: Jack Bird, Andre Savelio
2018 Losses: Jai Arrow (Gold Coast Titans), Herman Ese'ese (Newcastle Knights), Keegan Hipgrave (Gold Coast Titans), Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons), Matiu Love-Henry (New Zealand Warriors), Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers), Tautau Moga (Newcastle Knights), Francis Molo (released)

Doesn't this happen every year though? We lose a few first 17s and some fringe, have players in new positions and we still end up coming 3rd-7th.

My skepticism in us not winning a premiership in the next 2-3 years is in no way is due to a lack of confidence in the squad that we will have (I think we have improved our squad for next year and we did make the prelim this year with a lot of injuries at the end) or the coaching staff. My skepticism is PURELY down to 3 things:

1. The desire for the nrl to have a fairytale premiership every year (eg retirement of a legend (smith, slater, Thurston, etc. or a 1st/30+ years drought premiership)

2. The influence of the media on refereeing "crack downs" (eg is being off side?) Let's face it, we have NO friends in the media.

3. The wrestle. Pure and simple this is the biggest influence. We actually have a great team of footy players, but in this period of nrl being a footy player comes almost 2nd to being able to wrestle (tim glasby wouldn't be a reserve grader in any other era yet he has a state of origin cap to his name, its sad really)

I am positive about our squad... but our early success means our next premiership will be against the odds...

My biggest gripe about this season is that we failed to get Roberts into every single game.

We have to get the ball to him a lot more! He is one of the most dangerous players in the Comp and not using him all season is just criminal!!!

3. The wrestle. Pure and simple this is the biggest influence. We actually have a great team of footy players, but in this period of nrl being a footy player comes almost 2nd to being able to wrestle (tim glasby wouldn't be a reserve grader in any other era yet he has a state of origin cap to his name, its sad really)

That’s the thing though, footy players can be tought to wrestle and win the play the ball. I’d say we’re the worst team in the comp when it comes to winning the play the ball in both offence and defence. It shits me to tears week in week out watching us play sides like Melbourne or the Roosters seeing all the little things they do that are so much better than us.

Feels like the Broncos need to be making a few off season signings to have a roster worthy of a top 4 spot. IMO halfback is a position that needs to be filled. I don't view Kodi as the right option for the 7.

I thought Kodi was going pretty well until he went to fullback. He's not a halfback per-se, but he was better than Milf.

To be fair he did play well but I don't think he is the right guy to pair with Milford. The Broncos are crying out for someone who can control a game with a good kicking game and organisational skills. Kodi is in the Milford category of halves IMO. Running and off the cuff plays is their best attribute.

Agreed, but I'm at the point now where I would keep the cheaper 'Milf' and offload the ludicrously expensive Milford.

That would depend on who you are going to spend the money you save on though.

I thought Kodi was going pretty well until he went to fullback. He's not a halfback per-se, but he was better than Milf.

Kodi might just flat out be better than Milf in general to be honest. If we have the opportunity to sign Taylor but don't have anywhere close to the salary cap to do so, I'd be offering the Titans a straight swap for Milford. That would solve a majority of our issues, primarily the one in which we don't want to pay 25% of our cap for our halves.

1. Boyd
6. Nikorima
7. Taylor
9. McCullough

Milford needs a good coach and a side drilled by a good coach. For mine he is pure class in a sloppy team.

Remember 2015. That's all there is to it.

Simply focussing on individuals misses the entire point of winning football at the top level

Kodi might just flat out be better than Milf in general to be honest. If we have the opportunity to sign Taylor but don't have anywhere close to the salary cap to do so, I'd be offering the Titans a straight swap for Milford. That would solve a majority of our issues, primarily the one in which we don't want to pay 25% of our cap for our halves.

1. Boyd
6. Nikorima
7. Taylor
9. McCullough
If we're gonna sacrifice someone, make that Boyd and put Milford where he should always have been... fullback!

Did the halves have a kicking coach in 2015? and Walters was a big loss

God broncoshq back in meltdown. We have had so many injuries this so many disruptions in the spine. Cut the boys some slack would ya, they played poor last night. But riding them off for next season come on now, some of you need to grow up. Wayne did a great job with the boys this season, I'm so proud of them. Even though we got thrashed last night. We failed to execute in crucial moments. Our young halves pairing will get better and better. In wayne I trust!

Active Now

• LGH
  • Cavalo
  • maddo
  • Aldo
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • Broncosarethebest
  • johnny plath
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.