2018 NRL Side

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
If we're gonna sacrifice someone, make that Boyd and put Milford where he should always have been... fullback!

Whilst that would be better, there's literally not a single scenario in the known universe where Boyd isn't retiring a Bronco.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
I thought Kodi was going pretty well until he went to fullback. He's not a halfback per-se, but he was better than Milf.
Hahah! What game were you watching, Milford caused them so many problems in that first half it's the people he created for that bombed 3 tries he created? There's only so much halves can do FFS.

Rellum

Rellum

BRL Player
Sep 30, 2016
Whoever we get in next year they need to think about support play. There is very little at the moment. When Kodi made that big run last night Jimmy the Jet needed to be up alongside him. I am not sure if he was held back, but if he wasn't he needs to be there and we score.

That is the other thing about 2015, when we made half breaks there was always support players there. That allowed them to string some short passes to players in slightly better positions and then finish.

The other thing, is this the least amount of players in the Broncs squad to come from SEQ. There is a lot of Kiwi's and NSWmen in the squad now, makes you wonder just how well the junior pathways and player identification is being conducted.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
The reason Boyd hasn't resigned yet could be because retirement is actually on the cards.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
The McGuire to lock project needs to be shelved. Some say bird should be lock and I'm all for it but if he's fast, can ball play and catch a high ball I'd like to see him go to fullback. When someone else comes along and can own the fullback role then bird can go to lock. Boyd can extend his career at left centre and I guarantee he will make Oates a top try scorer too. That will be one of the deadliest back lines getting around in my opinion.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
My biggest gripe about this season is that we failed to get Roberts into every single game.

We have to get the ball to him a lot more! He is one of the most dangerous players in the Comp and not using him all season is just criminal!!!

I agree but he also needs to go looking for the ball when the opportunity presents itself and they have existed, Hodges, Renouf etc all sniffed out for opportunities, at times he doesn't get involved enough or look to support, that Kodi break is a good example of that.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Bennett needs to stop living in the stone ages and give the young guys a chance straight up. **** this blood them in shit some of the best players of all time started early and stared.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I hope Boyd does retire then go with
1.Isaako
2.Allan
3.Roberts
4.Shibasaki
5.Kahu
6.Bird
7.Milford
8.Ofahengaue
9.McCullough
10.Mcguire
11.Oates
12.Gillett
13.Pangai jr
14.Nikorima
15.Sims
16.Haas
17.Glenn
18.Thiday back up
Young strong fast side that would be filled with enthusiasm and will to win.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Bennett needs to stop living in the stone ages and give the young guys a chance straight up. **** this blood them in shit some of the best players of all time started early and stared.

Interested to know which young guys? We arent going to throw in Fai, Fifita, Haas and Sua for example and expect them to compete week in week out.

We also arent going to drop Boyd for Allan or Issako. Despite his shaky, injury hit end to the season, he is streets ahead of any other full back we have.

Its not like Bennett doesnt give young guys a chance either. Sua, Issako, Opacic, Ofa, Herman, Pearson, Fai, Nikorima, Arrow and TPJ have all been given a chance over the past couple of years.

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
1.Isaako
2.Allan
3.Roberts
4.Shibasaki
5.Kahu
6.Bird
7.Milford
8.Ofahengaue
9.McCullough
10.Mcguire
11.Oates
12.Gillett
13.Pangai jr
14.Nikorima
15.Sims
16.Haas
17.Glenn
18.Thiday back up

Genuine question, how much have you actually seen of Allan, Issako, shibasaki and Haas? I doubt a lot tbh. I'd actually have Carrigan and Fifita above Haas for a start.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Fifita may not be even old enough and younger than Haas correct me if I'm wrong. Issako showed promise in his debut and Allan has some great speed and acceleration. Shibaski is big and strong a genuine centre.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
Fifita may not be even old enough and younger than Haas correct me if I'm wrong. Issako showed promise in his debut and Allan has some great speed and acceleration. Shibaski is big and strong a genuine centre.
Are we talking about David Fifita? If so fairly sure he’s a year younger than haas

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1.Isaako
2.Allan
3.Roberts
4.Shibasaki
5.Kahu
6.Bird
7.Milford
8.Ofahengaue
9.McCullough
10.Mcguire
11.Oates
12.Gillett
13.Pangai jr
14.Nikorima
15.Sims
16.Haas
17.Glenn
18.Thiday back up

That 17 would be fighting with the Knights for the wooden spoon, just so you know.

I'll never understand the urgency people have to punt nearly every experienced player we have and throw in a bunch of guys who struggle to make a consistent impact in the U20's.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Yea David is too Young but Haas can make his debut next year.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

What i asked is how much you have seen of them. not for you to describe them. I already know what they are like as footballers, i've seen them plenty.

Fifita is a year younger than Haas iirc, but he looks a better player than Haas imo, and so does Carrigan. A lot of hype around Haas based on what we signed him for and the comparisons to Taumalolo. He is good, but we quite rightly shouldnt be pushing him for a NRL spot until he shows he can mix it in ISC, same with all of them.

Allan and Issako are nowhere near Boyd, nowhere near, or even Kahu for that matter. Shibasaki was expected to push on this year, but he hasnt really. They expected him to push for a spot and he just hasnt, so i'm not quite sure where on earth any of the blokes you mentioned currently are going to fit in unless we move Oates and a wing spot opens up. Opacic at the moment is comfortably ahead of Gehamat.

Unread

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.