2018 NRL Side

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kodi and Milf may not have the greatest "game management" or kicking game but Cooper Cronk wasn't a natural halfback.

Bit of a stretch but they've just got to practice and practice and practice.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Kodi and Milf may not have the greatest "game management" or kicking game but Cooper Cronk wasn't a natural halfback.

Bit of a stretch but they've just got to practice and practice and practice.

To be fair to cronks strength of character, they wouldn’t have the work ethic and determination that he has, He had to fight to get to where he is compared to Milford is what 22 and already on $1M

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Worth every cent for two years, the last two might not be.

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Kodi though? He's done the hard yards every time and earned everything he's been handed.
That’s the thing I like about the kid - had to fight and stay loyal before getting his big break. I remember when Locky first moved to 5/8 and the screams were DEAFENING about how bad he was and that Fullback was his own position. Have a little faith guys; Kodi-Little guy,big work ethic.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Kodi to Fullback? Bird to Fullback w/ Kodi as bench utility?

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I don't want to see Milf at HB, I don't reckon it will pretty viewing for Bronx fans.

EDIT: Milf back to FB with Niko (who will play well next year)/ one of our young halves coming through (if they're freakish) and Boyd in the halves would be pretty good. Wouldn't really disrupt our attack either, and would give Milf room to play his natural game/ get some cardio through game time to cut down the kegs.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
The fact that Darius is even open to the idea of moving in to the halves gives me the feeling that he / the club isn't exactly stoked with a Milford / Nikorima partnership

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Sense this is one of those
Reporter: is there an option you may transition to 5/8 in the future?
Darius: I'd definitely be open to it if it's best for the team.

Headline: Darius set for move to the halves

It's a throw away line that he's been using since his captaincy announcement press conference

For what it's worth I see him transitioning to centres as he gets older. Could be sooner than later if Allan comes along quickly

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I think one of the biggest factors in the success of kodi in halfback and milf at 5/8 for that matter is the coaching staff and the game plan they choose to run with. Hopefully they can acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of our guys and know that our halves can’t control a game overly well and getting into arm wrestles and trying to break the opposition down week in week out probably isn’t an ideal game plan.

Rather I’d prefer them to take a more aggressive approach put pressure on our forwards to not just get into an arm wressle but really dominate games. Instead of playing second rowers such as Thaiday and Blair up front play big guys up front knowing that our halves are probably some of the best in the game when we have momentum.

Teams like Melbourne and the cowboys don’t need to make huge meters every set or be overly aggressive because they have the play makers who can win a game 12-6 in the last 30 seconds regardless of what there forward are doing. We need to establish dominance early and avoid those situations at least until our halves can become more controlling.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
I think he is worth the money, im not convinced he is worth it for 3 years though.

He could so a hodges and retire a year or 2 early depending on how his body is .

It could be a 2 yr deal with 2 in favor of club

There was an article about something like that for him

Unread

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.