2018 NRL Side

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Wdym every time he played has been good. The only reason why he wasn't in the 2017 team was because of the game in England (his 1st game) moga played better thats y he made the team so he hasn't had chances. And when he has been good

He literally had two good games and the rest he was hopeless.

S

Sanjit Joseph

NYC Player
Oct 21, 2017
We signed him and promised he will be in team. If he wasnt going to be in the team y did we resign.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
We signed him and promised he will be in team. If he wasnt going to be in the team y did we resign.

Who promised he would be in the team? We re-signed him because injuries happen and we often lose players to Origin. He's useful depth in those situations, especially as the younger players who have been promoted have struggled so far.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
I got a question for everyone then if Opacic is so good and solid and can play wing and centre why did Bennett keep picking Mead over him for a back on the bench.
Can you ask him? Then let me know.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I got a question for everyone then if Opacic is so good and solid and can play wing and centre why did Bennett keep picking Mead over him for a back on the bench.

Bennett doesnt see Tom as cover for winger, fullback or center as a bench player. He sees him as a center, which is also why Bennett has big issues with Redcliffe playing him out of position. You dont generally pick a center as a bench player. Its really not rocket science is it. You want a utility player on the bench.

S

Sanjit Joseph

NYC Player
Oct 21, 2017
Bennett said he is guaranteed starter. And opacic is not even performing in thr junior league. Kahu wants to play centres. Opacic doesn't play wing

Who promised he would be in the team? We re-signed him because injuries happen and we often lose players to Origin. He's useful depth in those situations, especially as the younger players who have been promoted have struggled so far.

S

Sanjit Joseph

NYC Player
Oct 21, 2017
I agree

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Bennett said he is guaranteed starter. And opacic is not even performing in thr junior league. Kahu wants to play centres. Opacic doesn't play wing

Opacic doesnt even play in the junior league. What the hell are you talking about.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Bennett doesn't guarantee anyone a position ... especially not a starting position (unless maybe your name is Darren Lockyer)

Opacic spent a good portion of the year injured and the rest he played out of position

I've said it before and i'll say it again ... players need to play in the positions that best suit the team, right now for Kahu that is wing, and for Mead it is ISC unless we get some backline injuries

Last edited:
Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Wdym every time he played has been good. The only reason why he wasn't in the 2017 team was because of the game in England (his 1st game) moga played better thats y he made the team so he hasn't had chances. And when he has been good

You obviously missed more than half of the games Mead played this year...

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He plays for dolphins thats junior to Broncos isn't it

No mate, its Intrust super cup, or old Queensland Cup. He has been stuffed around so much by Mogg at Redcliffe its not funny, and i'm 99.9% sure he wont be affiliated with Redcliffe while Mogg is coach.

He was pretty good when he played at center for Queensland earlier in the year.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I can only see Opacic being a back up centre, he was our only back up centre this year so Bennett couldn’t release him and same goes for next if Bird plays centre.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
he was our only back up centre this year so Bennett couldn’t release him

Bennett released Taylor our only back up halfback to the Titans ... a much more important position than center.

Bennett has always rated Opacic ... in fact Moga was extremely lucky that Opacic needed a shoulder reconstruction in the pre-season, otherwise he wouldn't have played a single game for us this season.

If Bird plays lock next season (as tipped), Then you can lock in Opacic to the left center position

S

Sanjit Joseph

NYC Player
Oct 21, 2017
The team is called Redcliffe Dolphins. What's wrong with what i said he plays for dolphins and they are under the broncos (junior)
No mate, its Intrust super cup, or old Queensland Cup. He has been stuffed around so much by Mogg at Redcliffe its not funny, and i'm 99.9% sure he wont be affiliated with Redcliffe while Mogg is coach.

He was pretty good when he played at center for Queensland earlier in the year.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The team is called Redcliffe Dolphins. What's wrong with what i said he plays for dolphins and they are under the broncos (junior)

They are not under the Broncos as such, we have an affiliate arrangement with them

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

What’s wrong with it? They’re a 70 year old club who have had immortals, state players, Origin players and Test players. They’re stand alone club that the Broncos have no control or say over.

They're Dolphins' juniors not Broncos' juniors.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.