2018 NRL Side

I think Mcguire will probably stay at Lock tbh. There’s no one else to put there except Bird.

I think Bird has the opportunity now that lodge has been signed but i wonder if he will be left a back what with the lack of centre depth. I prefer Opacic or someone else be given a go, but it must be tempting for a coach to have a ready-made replacement for Moga (probably a better one) on hand. I guess it depends how the likes opacic and company are travelling come round one.

So contenders are bird, TPJ and Moose. Sounds like every one thinks TPJ is to unfit, has there been a game where he's been gassed?

So contenders are bird, TPJ and Moose. Sounds like every one things TPJ is to unfit, has there been a game where he's been gassed?

nearly every game he has played ... he is good for about 10 minutes, but then you can tell he is gassed.

he is still young, once he get's his fitness right, he will be a great starting backrower for us. until that time, he will have to remain a bench weapon

So contenders are bird, TPJ and Moose. Sounds like every one things TPJ is to unfit, has there been a game where he's been gassed?

He is gassed in almost every game.

One of the benefits of going to the game is being able to see who is coming on and who is coming off before it's announced on TV. Watch TPJ whenever he comes off..

He is gassed in almost every game.

One of the benefits of going to the game is being able to see who is coming on and who is coming off before it's announced on TV. Watch TPJ whenever he comes off..
I'll be at 4 of the games next year so I'll be sure to have a look.

No I would love TPJ personally and I think that would be best for the side. But we have to be realistic Bennett won’t put him there and we have no other player.

TPJ is just an impact player at the moment, hasn't shown any real starter qualities yet. Reminds me of Thaiday circa 05/first half of 06.

So it sounds like it's out of bird and Moose. I reckon Moose would be better in defence and making meters but bird has reasonable defence and a good running game along with a half decent kicking game

But good defence out wide as well will definitely help our side.

If McGuire plays at lock next year, unless Bennett puts Thaiday in a starting front row position or we sign someone else, it means we will be starting with 2 inexperienced props (Lodge and most likely Offa).

I don’t see Bennett doing that. One? Sure, he did this year with Ese’Ese alongside Blair.

I think it will be Lodge alongside McGuire with Bird locking in at 13 and Offa on the bench, personally.

Last edited:
Why can’t Sims be run on Prop he did for a good part of the year
What he was doing could hardly be called prop play.

FWIW I think sims is more of a second rower/lock

So contenders are bird, TPJ and Moose. Sounds like every one thinks TPJ is to unfit, has there been a game where he's been gassed?

Dude is stilll way too raw. Everyone wants him to be out Taumololo but even he doesnt even get a full game out still. TPJ will evolve and be given a bigger role as he shows he can handle it. Then he might think about starting which is a whole new ball game to running off the bench. The first 20 minutes in any game sorts alot of players out who just arent ready to start yet. I think TPJ is in for a big year if he has a good off season. Bennett will be wanting him to take the next step up. But I dont think he will start at lock this year.

I'm excited to see what Joe Ofahengaue can do with a full season at 8 or 10. The kid has got a huge motor on him. I'm actually excited about all our young fellas Blair leaving is a blessing in disguise

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Tmac
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • bazza
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.