2018 NRL Side

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by PerthBrissy987, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Rep

So he does get dominated then?

2. Yes, driven back in tackles but technically that alone is not exactly domination.

Do they also throw him off his game to a point where he can't play at his best?

3. upthebroncs

upthebroncs NYC Player

4. Allo

Allo NRL Player

That site is cancer. Just like the article ‘source’ in Rothfield.

5. Taylor1921

Taylor1921 QCup Player

Yeah and how did that go?

6. MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos QCup Player

BRONCOS
    1. Darius Boyd
    2. Jordan Kahu
    3. James Roberts
    4. Jack Bird
    5. David Mead
    6. Anthony Milford
    7. Kodi Nikorima
    8. Matt Lodge
    9. Andrew McCullough
    10. Korbin Sims
    11. Alex Glenn
    12. Matt Gillett
    13. Josh McGuire
    14. Corey Oates
    15. Sam Thaiday
    16. Joe Ofahengaue
    17. Tevita Pangai Jnr

Predicted team from Foxsports.com.au

How does mead get in the team? Personally i think Pearson is a better playing with more upside.

pagey likes this.
    I see neither Mead nor Pearson making the fulltime side outside of injuries or rep season especially with a player like Issako hitting the scene. Mead hasn't impressed since joining the club and Pearson has struggled to kick on since his debut and did himself no favors in his last first grade appearance. That is assuming Oates is even moved from the wing which I doubt.

7. Accept

Accept NRL Player

Neither will feature much next year and I still think Mead will look for a better opportunity elsewhere despite being contracted. Pearson clearly isn't of first grade quality and will end up being just another winger who fades away.

8. Taylor1921

Taylor1921 QCup Player

Is Oates moving into second row next year or something? Can't understand why they wouldn't use him on the wing, he gets our sets started perfectly.

9. Speculation at most Taylor1921, if he will be moved into a forward role it would be when Thaiday has retired after 2018 IMO. At present there really isn't a strong enough argument to move him away from the wing.

Foordy likes this.
  10. Taylor1921

Taylor1921 QCup Player

The year he was on the bench, and he started at #11 through origin period. He was awesome. His career is in the second row. It's just what is good for the team next season.

11. In a few years I can see it happening, at present though, the need for him to remain on the wing(Mead and Pearson aren't upto standard week in and week out) outweighs the need for him to be in the forwards.

Taylor1921 likes this.
  12. We should offer this guy a contract.

13. Dash

Dash NRL Player

He's so good he broke the video.

14. Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  15. Foordy

Foordy

Marty Deutschmann and GKDonkey like this.
  16. GKDonkey

GKDonkey NRL Captain

If you thought it was bad before
    [​IMG]

BroncsFan and Taylor1921 like this.
  17. Look at Fai's.

Mead, Isaako, Alan, plenty of young backs too. He looks like the biggest guy there, including Lodge.

18. Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct NRL Captain

He has always been that big.

Foordy and GKDonkey like this.
  19. Haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere, but Nikau Terupe looks to still be apart of the top squad, was doing some PR stuff today with Jaydn Su'A.

He was looking pretty good in the trial against the Sharks last pre-season before he got injured, might be an outside chance at that left centre spot until Bird returns, or left wing if we move Oates to the 2nd row.

GKDonkey likes this.