10. McGuire.
11. Glenn.
12. Gillett.
13. TPJ.

14. Offa.
15. Thaiday.
16. Sims / Taueli.
17. Savelio / Mago / Utility.

I’m just not sure Bennett spent so much to acquire Bird as a left centre...

In my opinion Bennett bought Bird to play centres for two years and then swap roles with Boyd once he has aged further.

I can't see Bird gaining enough size to be an effective lock unless he revolutionises the current role of the lock in the modern game

I believe bird can play lock. It just depends on the other forwards we have. If lodge is locked in for more than a year and plays to potential, it opens up options. He's a big front rower with an offload. A lock with a bit of speed feeding off that would be amazing. Combined with his workrate (A big prop's weakness), he'll fit nicely. Might lose the punch of maguire with his runs, but the likes of gillet, saviello etc are big enough as second rowers to chime in. Certainly take the pressure off maguire's tackling numbers and allow him to run more with a bit of gusto (like he did in the origin).

I believe bird can play lock. It just depends on the other forwards we have. If lodge is locked in for more than a year and plays to potential, it opens up options. He's a big front rower with an offload. A lock with a bit of speed feeding off that would be amazing. Combined with his workrate (A big prop's weakness), he'll fit nicely. Might lose the punch of maguire with his runs, but the likes of gillet, saviello etc are big enough as second rowers to chime in. Certainly take the pressure off maguire's tackling numbers and allow him to run more with a bit of gusto (like he did in the origin).

I look at the Grand Finalists starting middle forwards for next year and that's what I'd like.

8. Matthew Scott
10. Jordan McLean
13. Jason Taumalolo

8. Jesse Bromwich
10. Sam Kasiano/Nelson Asofa Solomona
13. Dale Finucane

The closest we have to that is

8. Matthew Lodge
10. Josh McGuire
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

I think we need bigger forwards and Bird alongside Oates would be the best defensive centre/wing pairing in the comp.

The most exciting thing about TPJ playing for Tonga against New Zealand is that he is highly rated because they played him for the hardest game of the World Cup.

I look at the Grand Finalists starting middle forwards for next year and that's what I'd like.

8. Matthew Scott
10. Jordan McLean
13. Jason Taumalolo

8. Jesse Bromwich
10. Sam Kasiano/Nelson Asofa Solomona
13. Dale Finucane

The closest we have to that is

8. Matthew Lodge
10. Josh McGuire
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

I think we need bigger forwards and Bird alongside Oates would be the best defensive centre/wing pairing in the comp.

We arent going to be playing like the majority of teams though. Bennett wants a ball playing lock, not another workhorse prop at lock. Our Forwards will be fine i think. We have recruited some size which will help, but our attack is going to be a lot different next year.

Genuine question as I’ve not seen much ISC.
What is Seve doing wrong not to be getting a start? Had big wraps as a youngster and has only gotten bigger and more powerful.

Genuine question as I’ve not seen much ISC.
What is Seve doing wrong not to be getting a start? Had big wraps as a youngster and has only gotten bigger and more powerful.

He has had a couple of injuries, but he just doesnt seem to impress for whatever reason. Must admit, i havent seen a lot in him and even when we have had injury issues with our centers he still didnt get close to having a run.

And Moses Pangai? Would be the closest thing we have to Moga in terms of size and athleticism

And Moses Pangai? Would be the closest thing we have to Moga in terms of size and athleticism

Bags of ability, doesnt make anything of it. Nowhere near good enough right now. If something clicks with him, he could be pretty decent.

Bags of ability, doesnt make anything of it. Nowhere near good enough right now. If something clicks with him, he could be pretty decent.

Probably needs just a bit of faith shown in him. Always been in and around NRL squads but no coach ever plays him.

Would be nice having a huge centre plus brothers in the side

Attachments

• IMG_3368.PNG
    IMG_3368.PNG
    67 KB · Views: 97
Probably needs just a bit of faith shown in him. Always been in and around NRL squads but no coach ever plays him.

Its down to him to give Bennett something to think about. He makes it pretty easy to leave him out tbf.

Its down to him to give Bennett something to think about. He makes it pretty easy to leave him out tbf.

I feel like it would be more of a motivation thing. Seems like a player that if you put him in first grade he'd get up for it.

Active Now

• unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.