2019 Broncos Line-up

I don't care for eras, Alfie Langer is the greatest rugby league player I have ever seen.

Not playing Haas who we signed for 500k a season and using Glenn at lock because he's a "workhorse".. Glenn has never been known as a workhorse, if anything he's been known for not getting involved enough
You must be mistaken - Glenn is absolutely a workhorse. He lacks impact for sure but he can never be accused of a lack of effort.

I dont care that haas is on 500, he has proven zilch. Would you drop fifita for him based on wage? I think not.

You must be mistaken - Glenn is absolutely a workhorse. He lacks impact for sure but he can never be accused of a lack of effort.

I dont care that haas is on 500, he has proven zilch. Would you drop fifita for him based on wage? I think not.

Exactly. You don't pick a player based on what he is paid.

I disagree about Glenn being a workhorse.

He is certainly solid and reliable. And sure, he is most likely never going to provide that flashy winning play, but importantly, his worst game is not a lot different to his best game. He is consistent.

But I think he is more a toiler than a workhorse. He might do a bit of the dirty clean-up work too. But you’re not going to get 60 tackles or 25 hit-ups out of him week, after week, after week, after week like a true workhorse.

I guess I am trying to say that I think Glenn is more like Mick De Vere than Corey Parker.

Maybe Harrigan got away without controversy this time because brisbane dominated and won by close to thirty points. Can you imagine the outrage over thst try if we only won by two points in a grandfinal. People forget...msybe too young.. at how much outrage there was when a correct try was not given or a no try was awarded as a try. Thats why the video ref was introduced. ..becsuse officials were getting it wrong often...it wasn't just a brain fart where some one said the refs are going great but let's bring in another level of help.
I've tried repeatedly on this site to remind people how shit it was before the video review process and before two refs were introduced. It was endless the outcry over poor decisions. Nowadays they get vastly more decisions right, it's so so much better and the howlers barely occur. It's rose coloured glasses about the good old days, the decision making was terrible back then and we only learned how poor it was because of technological breakthroughs. Suddenly with the extra cameras, the zoom lenses, the slow motion replays and the faster film speeds we could see it plainly and the cry rose. Bring in a review process the crowd screamed, get another pair of eyes close in, get them onside for the first time this century. Check if he dropped the ball, see if was stripped. We could see these things happening and the authorities knew it, they had to act and we rejoiced. People are so spoiled now they just want to bleat about something, oooohhhh, the bunker takes too long. **** the old days.

contract value should never be a consideration when deciding who plays ... if a 100k player is playing and training better than the 500k player, then he should always be selected over the higher paid player

I just meant that it means we have faith in the player.

I've tried repeatedly on this site to remind people how shit it was before the video review process and before two refs were introduced. It was endless the outcry over poor decisions. Nowadays they get vastly more decisions right, it's so so much better and the howlers barely occur. It's rose coloured glasses about the good old days, the decision making was terrible back then and we only learned how poor it was because of technological breakthroughs. Suddenly with the extra cameras, the zoom lenses, the slow motion replays and the faster film speeds we could see it plainly and the cry rose. Bring in a review process the crowd screamed, get another pair of eyes close in, get them onside for the first time this century. Check if he dropped the ball, see if was stripped. We could see these things happening and the authorities knew it, they had to act and we rejoiced. People are so spoiled now they just want to bleat about something, oooohhhh, the bunker takes too long. **** the old days.
True that the 90’s sucked but in the 80’s we had the God of referees in Barry Gomersall!

I mean just consider this try to Campion from the '98 GF:

If you took that try out of '98 and plonked it into 2018, the Bunker would have replayed the footage 30 times and still not have a clue if he got it down (he did), and the longer they scrutinize it the more the Bulldogs fans are gonna feel righteous fury the moment they show the greenlight, whereas Harrigan, for all his faults points straight at the spot and it's forgotten 5 minutes later.

Then comes all the post-match controversy from the starved media who will divebomb on any scrap of meat, which spooks the shit out of the NRL and the referees which puts them on tilt, and only makes the officiating worse.

Wouldn't have taken the bunker long.

Even with a 480p picture, it's still easy to see he didn't get it down. Bulldogs players had the hands underneath it and that's why they were blowing up.

We did get some favourable calls that led to tries in that match. Another one is the lead-up to the Tallis try, very tough call against the Bulldogs to give us 6 more.

It was close, but there wouldn't be sufficient evidence to over-turn the call. On the slow-mo replay it appears Campion rolls the ball forward onto it's point, making minimal contact with the ground.

The six-again was a tough call on Thompson, but a fair one. Thompson turns and extends his foot to block Lockyer's grubber kick. Even if it was a reflective action, he still played at the ball, constituting a six-again.

No mention of Silva impeding Langer in the lead-up to the Campion try or the Renouf no-try?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • HarryAllan7
  • Xzei
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.