2019 Broncos Line-up

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Fitzy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Broncos have a recruitment retention committee- White, Nolan and Lockyer. Obviously Seibold would be privy to conversations and thinking. He has to manage his 36 spots and who is off contract and available and thinking long term.

It's like at home, you have some clue what you can afford and not afford, who you want and don't want but your wife knows what you have down to the last cent and can say you can't have it for that price.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Kyall

Kyall NRL Player

Come on man instead of following on with the topic at hand only you would rather attack people over a spelling error.

3. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

Lockyer definitely had a say in the recruitment of Jack Bird.

I'd actually prefer him not to be in control of anything. Great player, but I don't trust his judgement all that much.

He'd be better used as a halves coach or an assistant coach

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  4. Jedhead

Jedhead NRL Player

I think you might be being a bit harsh on Locky. If you watch the games he comments on invariably what he stays is pretty insightful and astute. His interview technique is shocking but it has improved from downright cringe worthy, but his reading of a game and the input he has is far more constructive than most of the serial whingers ch9 employ. Furthermore, He takes great care to try and remain as unbiased as possible, which I consider as great judgement.

Foordy and Locky's Left Boot like this.
  5. Edit: Off topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
  6. isaiah

isaiah BRL Player

There have been lots of instances when either players stayed or decided to come for lots less than other clubs would offer. It makes sense, mostly because of the increased chance of finals footy, more tv exposure, and better chance of playing rep footy. It is a professional game and playing have to set up their family, but other things should be considered, if you are smart.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  7. Gaz

Gaz NRL Player

Source: Courier Mail.

Gotta make room for him somewhere

Jedhead likes this.
  8. Stu_9

Stu_9 QCup Player

Agreed. Fifita is the one that I really, really hope we do not loose. If TPJ wants out post 2019, let him walk so that we can extend the likes of Fifita and Su’a long term. In saying that, I obviously also want TPJ to stay, but if Fifita hits the open market (I think that’s at the end of this season) I can only imagine the massive $$ that will be thrown his way..

Sproj, Rico and Jedhead like this.
  9. Jedhead

Jedhead NRL Player

I'm with you might be a big ask to use him as a middle forward so young, but what an expereince for him. They say the best ship's captains dont learn to sail on a calm lake. So long as he is not left there for too long it might be good for his confidence if it works out. I'm sure he's big enough to handle himself if looked after by either Joffa or Lodgey.

10. Kyall

Kyall NRL Player

I just really want to see some wrestling or control in our tackles. WB never liked it but it’s part of the modern game.

11. Wild Horse

Wild Horse QCup Player

Yo boys,

is the trial game this weekend?

where can I watch a live stream of it?

Any ideas on our 17 line up?

cheers.

12. Trial against Souths Logan this Saturday 6pm at Warwick, not sure if there will be a live stream and no word on a lineup.

Wild Horse likes this.
  13. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

Edit: Inappropriate.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
    Jedhead likes this.
  14. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Named today- Dearden is playing and as many train and trial guys as they can.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  15. Jedhead

Jedhead NRL Player

Someone in the know. Can you post the team please for the rest of us ill-informed curious cats.

16. Morkel

Morkel

They said it on the radio early this morning. The Dearden thing. Turns 18 in March.

17. Pushkin

Pushkin QCup Player

FIVE players with NRL experience will spearhead the NRMA Insurance Broncos In their first trial outing of the 2019 season.
    The Broncos have this morning released a 23-man squad for Saturday’s hit-out against the Souths Logan Magpies in the Darling Downs town of Warwick.
    Forward Patrick Mago, who played 12 matches for the Broncos last year, will provide experience for a young Brisbane squad.
    Hooker Jake Turpin, who made two NRL appearances in 2018, will start at dummy half.
    Centre Gehamat Shibasaki and prop Payne Haas, who both made their NRL debuts last year, will also start in the match at Father Ranger Oval.
    Shibasaki played his lone NRL game against the Cowboys last year, while Haas played just twice before a shoulder injury ruined his season.
    Richie Kennar, who has played top-grade rugby league for both the Storm and Rabbitohs, has been named on the wing.
    But there will also be a host of future NRL talent on display at Warwick.
    Former NSW under-20s half Troy Dargan will partner Australian Schoolboys halfback Tom Dearden in the halves, with Tanah Boyd and Cory Paix to get their chance in those positions from the bench.
    Youngsters Thomas Flegler and Patrick Carrigan will start in the middle, while English forward Andrew Savelio will partner Jamil Hopoate in the second row.
    Teenage trio Ed Burns, Tesi Niu and Herbie Farnworth make up the starting backline.
    The side will be coached on the night by Kurt Richards, one of the assistants to Broncos’ head coach Anthony Seibold.
    BRONCOS' NRL TEAM
    to play Souths Logan Magpies
    Saturday, February 16 at 6pm
    At Father Ranger Oval, Warwick
    19. Tesi Niu
    2. Richie Kennar
    3. Gehamat Shibasaki
    4. Ed Burns
    1. Herbie Farnworth
    6. Troy Dargan
    20. Tom Dearden
    8. Payne Haas
    9. Jake Turpin
    10. Thomas Flegler
    11. Andre Savelio
    12. Jamil Hopoate
    13. Patrick Carrigan
    Interchange:
    14. Kobe Hetherington
    15. Keenan Palasia
    16. Jordan Grant
    17. Patrick Mago
    18. Ethan Bullemor
    7. Tanah Boyd
    21. Cory Paix
    22. Xavier Coates
    23. Ilikena Vudogo

18. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

19. Tesi Niu
    2. Richie Kennar
    3. Gehamat Shibasaki
    4. Ed Burns
    1. Herbie Farnworth
    6. Troy Dargan
    20. Tom Dearden
    8. Payne Haas
    9. Jake Turpin
    10. Thomas Flegler
    11. Andre Savelio
    12. Jamil Hopoate
    13. Patrick Carrigan
    Interchange:
    14. Kobe Hetherington
    15. Keenan Palasia
    16. Jordan Grant
    17. Patrick Mago
    18. Ethan Bullemor
    7. Tanah Boyd
    21. Cory Paix
    22. Xavier Coates
    23. Ilikena Vudogo

That's a decent line up considering how many actual first graders there are in it. Kennar, Mago, Turpin, Shibasaki and Haas are the only ones to play an NRL game I think

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  19. Wild Horse

Wild Horse QCup Player

Thanks bud.

Yeah saw it in the morning after posting, figured it was due in the next few days.