2019 Broncos Line-up

Question re Seibold. I didn’t watch a lot of Souths games last year. What was Seibold’s reaction like after losses? Was he a ‘pissed off’ kinda guy, in the vein of Bellamy? Or was he a ‘Gee we tried hard, but what are ya gonna do’ type like Griffin? Just wondering whether he will be strong on making the players accountable for their on field performance? Getting a Royal bolloking might be a new experience for some of the team. Wonder how they would respond?

8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
11. Su'a
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Junior
17. Tagataese/Fensom/Mago

This is the forward pack I would be rolling out for the first few games against the Storm, Dragons, Cowboys and Roosters. Glenn would return to his role from a few years ago and play in the middle. Tagataese/Fensom would then be used as the other middle to provide some experience against these teams. Haas would then substitute with TPJ as he gains some match fitness. I think having someone like Staggs or even Fifita on the bench in the early rounds will be very important incase Su'A or Gillett have any problems in their return from injury. Obviously Fifita would be better for the backrow, however Staggs can also cover numerous spots in the backline. As the season progresses the likes of Fifita and Mago can be rotated with Haas and Taga/Fensom.

You missed out Carrigan.

Question re Seibold. I didn’t watch a lot of Souths games last year. What was Seibold’s reaction like after losses? Was he a ‘pissed off’ kinda guy, in the vein of Bellamy? Or was he a ‘Gee we tried hard, but what are ya gonna do’ type like Griffin? Just wondering whether he will be strong on making the players accountable for their on field performance? Getting a Royal bolloking might be a new experience for some of the team. Wonder how they would respond?
Good question.

I think he was typically analytical about it and usually identified the areas where the team went wrong.

He seems quite open and honest to the media so you don't get the fluff "we tried hard" blah blah blah... I also don't recall a Toovey type blow up either, but could be wrong.

Good question.

I think he was typically analytical about it and usually identified the areas where the team went wrong.

He seems quite open and honest to the media so you don't get the fluff "we tried hard" blah blah blah... I also don't recall a Toovey type blow up either, but could be wrong.
He blew up once about the referees I think

I know a few Dragons fans which helps burn my passion for giving them a floggin. We have several great matchups to look forward to this year. I can't wait!
I have mates who support the Dragqueens too, but we both know the Broncos are overall a better team then theirs. What they did to us in that finals game last season was a one off. They won't do it twice.

I have mates who support the Dragqueens too, but we both know the Broncos are overall a better team then theirs. What they did to us in that finals game last season was a one off. They won't do it twice.
I like the optimism, but unfortunately we are a team more than capable of putting in poor performances.

Indeed, our season was quite literally bookended by poor performances against the Dragons.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Fitzy
  • Spoon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • azza.79
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Lurker
  • Ozired
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.