Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Fitzy, Sep 11, 2018.
Thought Seibold was playing FB there for a second.
Could be a good way to start the year. Solves a problem or two with what to do with Glenn. Also tightens the middle up with Gillo's D.
I'm aware only now how that sounds
But I'm all for it. Gives our most experienced a run while keeping strike off the bench. Each of those off the bench are attacking weapons
But he's actually a few months older.
Nah that's gotta be wrong, Fensom is like 45.
I like the idea of Tevita and Haas coming on the field at the same time.
Full image of it hasn't been posted already
Suddenly @Kyall seems flattened
Swap Su’A and Glenn around at least.
Who comes onto the bench if Sua isn't ready Round 1?
Carrigan. He should be there anyway.
I like Gillo at lock. In the past he has shown he has the motor to last the full 80 if needed. Even if we get 50 from him and 30 rip and tear minutes from TPJ it would be pretty epic.
**** !!!! ....I can't wait !!!
If this is truly the team I can see good and bad points to it...
1. gilletts edge defence protecting nikorima. The edge is where teams are most vulnerable unless there is poor effort in the middle.
2. We may lose tpj from this. He seems to have a fairly large ego, and a "demotion" to the bench may be enough to push him to souths
1. You pick your best 17 and find a way to put them into the 17. 2-3 2nd rowers on the bench and 1 3 game nrl experienced prop was RIDICULOUS, but this team finds a way to put them in but still have a good rotation
2. Gilletts defence in the middle may be awesome!
3. Tpj off the bench is unreal, and in general is a high impact bench with the ability to change any game situation with or without injury. Massive game changing impact on the bench
Overall, I think it will be good BUT it's a wait and see situation. Also, if tpj will leave the broncos over being benched then he ain't a player to build our future on with that attitude. I think it's good if seibold will try this, I also think it's great him trying new things. If 1/100 work, WHO CARES, we are still better off for trying And we haven't won a premiership in 13 years by not trying all these new things.
Maybe it's just to get some simple game time into Gillett during the trials. Get him in the middle, make some simple tackles, some simple runs, play 20-40 mins and not worry about the more technical stuff.
Come on guys, I would think they put this up for fan day. Not much else. Don’t get too carried away.
Maybe it's based on training to get the guys firing, like with the jersey for the best trainers. To early to read anything in to it
How can Souths afford him when they're apparently trying to flick arguably their best forward in G.Burgess? If Bennett pays 250-500k more for TPJ (GBurgess wants 500 apparently, or at least that's what the Eels offer him) then that makes me even happier that he's not head coach here.
I reckon it's the Roosters we should be concerned about. They'll be making a big play for him no doubt about it.
Separate names with a comma.