2019 Broncos Line-up

Let's face it @Huge he set the bar of expectations fairly low and failed to achieve it. His runs were few and far between when he was on and they were bog average. In terms of riding a bike he achieved that - adequately. I know Sharks are your second team and you have a soft spot for him, but be serious with all the raw talent running about he did nothing that made me think hey this guy is the real deal this year.
And that's what I'd written earlier, he didn't hurt his chances. He made hard straight runs making post contact metres and pulled off a couple of excellent tackles, exactly what a team needs from a bench front row replacement. I cannot see how he set the bar low and failed to achieve it, rather he did exactly what was expected. Just because a couple of eager beavers went flat out in no way affected Tagatese's performance. A premiership winning prop with plenty of first grade games to his name is about as real a deal as it gets. He wasn't outstanding but he wasn't terrible, average and reliable.

Perese played for Redcliffe in their trial against South's Logan, scored a try. Really throws hismbody into it. Fai nabbed one too.

For the 3rd trial, can Bird, Darius Boyd and Andrew McCullough play?
Let's see if they can outplay Staggs and Turpin so far.

Don't want them going in cold against Melbourne. Rather see them left out altogether, **** experience or defence - Staggs and Turpin have them covered and some.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Perese played for Redcliffe in their trial against South's Logan, scored a try. Really throws hismbody into it. Fai nabbed one too.

6min of decent quality highlights with basic detail of who scored. Showing again how pathetic the club is at this thing when you have an (albeit successful possible expansion club) doing it better than you by doing the bare minimum

6min of decent quality highlights with basic detail of who scored. Showing again how pathetic the club is at this thing when you have an (albeit successful possible expansion club) doing it better than you by doing the bare minimum

Redcliffe probably have the most professional set up of anyone imo as far as game media and what not, like literally makes everyone else look like they aren't even trying.

For the 3rd trial, can Bird, Darius Boyd and Andrew McCullough play?
Let's see if they can outplay Staggs and Turpin so far.

Don't want them going in cold against Melbourne. Rather see them left out altogether, **** experience or defence - Staggs and Turpin have them covered and some.​

Bird played in the second one ...

and the 3rd trial is usually full strength or very close to it...

p.s. if the team says **** defence against the Storm and they will put a cricket score on us

Last edited:

His whole first half was riddled with defensive lapses which lead to opposition tries.

Looked good with the ball in hand though.
Jeremy Hawkins probably stood out more.
Linc Port looks good too.

Bird played in the second one ...

and the 3rd trial is usually full strength or very close to it...

p.s. if the team says **** defence against the Storm and they will put a cricket score on us

We should start Fensom at lock if we're really worried about defence. Macca and Fensom would be good for us.

Redcliffe probably have the most professional set up of anyone imo as far as game media and what not, like literally makes everyone else look like they aren't even trying.

Apart from their website. It's awful.

And that's what I'd written earlier, he didn't hurt his chances. He made hard straight runs making post contact metres and pulled off a couple of excellent tackles, exactly what a team needs from a bench front row replacement. I cannot see how he set the bar low and failed to achieve it, rather he did exactly what was expected. Just because a couple of eager beavers went flat out in no way affected Tagatese's performance. A premiership winning prop with plenty of first grade games to his name is about as real a deal as it gets. He wasn't outstanding but he wasn't terrible, average and reliable.
Mate if you're playing for a spot in the 17 you have to ensure your performance is rated higher than 'Not outstanding, average and reliable'. I could say the same about my daughters Toyota Corolla. I still wouldn't take it drag racing though.

nobody has made mention of it yet, but I thought the jersey looks pretty awful and very unbronco like. It looks like it has been copied from the Fairfield RSL's sign. In fact if I was the RSL I'd be suing them for plagiarism.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • marw
  • Alec
  • Johnny92
  • mrslong
  • scobie
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Rambstien
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Astro
  • Jazza
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.