2019 Broncos Line-up

Is Rugby Union still a thing? I don't think I've seen or read anything about it in at least 2 or 3 years, is Folau still playing?

The season has started, not that you’d have heard about it. Yes he is ftr lol

The Wobblies are as garbage as they always have been for the past decade.

I love Ealesy like any Qlder should, but they really should’ve had him kicking the goal, but they went all out to say ‘HEY THIS IS RUGBY. YOU REMEMBER RUGBY? SEE HE’S BEING LIFTED INTO THE AIR ITS RUGBY’

I could swear that lifting was illegal for most of his career. You got give him credit though, Eales was an amazing player.
I saw him in person as past brothers were training at brothers rugby union at albion (they started the downhill slide to oblivion). At first I couldn't see the big deal about him, until I realised he was 5 metres further away than I thought and kept getting bigger and bigger. He had huge shoulders and looked like someone had doubled proportions on a regular bloke.

Tagataese will no doubt fill one of the voids left by Haas and TPJ. A guy like Seibold when presented with 2 choices would go one risky and one safe.
Would rather Fensom than Tagataese.

Tagataese played like two games for us last year and had to be hooked both times because he couldn't keep up. Seems like a likeable fella but absolute last choice resort.

Would rather Fensom than Tagataese.

Tagataese played like two games for us last year and had to be hooked both times because he couldn't keep up. Seems like a likeable fella but absolute last choice resort.
Ha ha ha....way to rewrite history! You're out by 50%. He played four games and was not hooked at any stage.

IMG 9137

The trial team is the same as this line up that was in the sheds weeks ago. Minus Tevita, Haas and Milford due to circumstances.

Gillett at lock.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha....way to rewrite history! You're out by 50%. He played four games and was not hooked at any stage.
Forgive me. It was hard to remember his 125 total metres gained across said four games.

Ranking our middle depth:

TPJ
Lodge
Joe
Haas
Flegler
Fensom
Carrigan
Mago

Tagataese

42490723 8A41 4F38 A17A E493A8DB75F4
Gillette doesn’t sound very excited about playing lock. In a recent article he makes it fairly clear 2-4 games to cover tpj would absolutely do him and he’ll be keen to slot back onto the right edge.
Wasn’t moose an 80minute lock? Pretty sure he was.
Taumalolo said himself he can’t last 10 years playing 80min games.
That statue is... uh... odd. If that’s eels up top, who’s the little legless cobber doing physio on his quads? For some reason it makes me think of the Ronaldo statue. Probably was commissioned from the same master mason.

Last edited:
View attachment 4506 Gillette doesn’t sound very excited about playing lock. In a recent article he makes it fairly clear 2-4 games to cover tpj would absolutely do him and he’ll be keen to slot back onto the right edge.
Wasn’t moose an 80minute lock? Pretty sure he was.
Taumalolo said himself he can’t last 10 years playing 80min games.
That statue is... uh... odd. If that’s eels up top, who’s the little legless cobber doing physio on his quads? For some reason it makes me think of the Ronaldo statue. Probably was commissioned from the same master mason.

goldeneye-lol.jpg

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...k=5b6de9b92d99d775093e02c0315ee980-1551183071

NRL Physio: Tevita Pangai Junior’s shocking hamstring history

After only lasting 20 minutes in the Broncos trial match on Saturday night due to a right hamstring injury, TPJ received some better than expected news. His injury is considered only “mild in nature”, and there is hope he will be back running at training as soon as today.

Despite this good news, there is certainly some cause for concern with Pangai Junior’s latest setback. His history with hamstring issues over the past 2 seasons is quite extensive:

— August 18th 2017 – Suffers a left hamstring strain, misses 1 week
— August 31st 2017 – Returns and re-injures hamstring, misses 2 weeks
— March 23rd 2018 – Suffers a hamstring strain, misses 1 week
— July 15th 2018 – Suffers hamstring tightness in final training run, misses 1 week
— July 20th 2018 – Leaves the game with left hamstring tightness after playing 31 minutes
— August 2nd 2018 – Leaves the game with hamstring and groin soreness after playing 48 minutes
— September 2nd 2018 – Leaves the game with a right hamstring issue after playing 50 minutes
— February 23rd 2019 – Leaves trial match with a mild right hamstring injury after playing 20 minutes

No doubt with this in mind Pangai Junior spent a portion of the offseason visiting a hamstring injury prevention expert in an effort to avoid these issues before they arise. For TPJ to undergo specific rehabilitation in this area and suffer a hamstring strain in his very first game of 2019 is unfortunate, and the hope will be these issues do not linger throughout the long season ahead.
It would not be surprising to see Pangai Junior shut down for at least 2 weeks, until Round 1, considering his history and the high recurrence rate of hamstring injuries (10-30%). In good news the Broncos medical staff seem confident this will settle quickly for the lock forward.

I’ve seen the lineup for the Cowboys team and JT is second row and McGuire is lock. Say it ain’t so hahahaha they will keep that they will keep that lineup for round 1.

I’ve seen the lineup for the Cowboys team and JT is second row and McGuire is lock. Say it ain’t so hahahaha they will keep that they will keep that lineup for round 1.
When I first saw that I thought "wow, imagine taumololo running at halves for 80 minutes"... Then I looked at backline they had to finish off any of his work on the edges and bench middle forward rotation and I thought "why would you be so stupid"

I am so glad we didn't end up getting green as coach, massive blessing in disguise we missed out on him if we truly were going for him

When I first saw that I thought "wow, imagine taumololo running at halves for 80 minutes"... Then I looked at backline they had to finish off any of his work on the edges and bench middle forward rotation and I thought "why would you be so stupid"

I am so glad we didn't end up getting green as coach, massive blessing in disguise we missed out on him if we truly were going for him

He also has to do a lot more running and have more versatile halves and centres that could easily do him for speed.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Redux
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wolfie
  • Stix
  • sooticus
  • mitch222
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Socnorb
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.