2019 Broncos Line-up

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
He's not as big as our current forwards but he packs a punch. Has some good creativity too.

I'd say he's a cross between Taumalolo and Tyrone Peachey

You have to be having a laugh. There is no similarity between him and JT2 in the way they play. He is a fairly decent lock for Redcliffe and good in the ISC, but he makes a lot of simple errors, and there is plenty in his game he would be caught out with in the NRL. I watch Redcliffe most weeks so dont be fooled by these youtube clips. They are generally made to accent the positive things from a players game.I'm not saying he isnt a decent player, he is, but he wont get a look in here unless we get decimated by injury.

As for Carrigan at lock, he is a much better prop. He could play anywhere in the forwards because he is that good. Its very subjective anyway because not everyone looks for the same things from a lock. Patty would just be a prop playing in the lock position. HE wouldnt be playing lock like JT2 or Cameron Murray is tonight for example.

I'd also love to see where you got this Glenn played in the Halves for our u20's. I can certainly remember him playing a fair amount of center, back row and lock for our 2008 u20's. Jared Kahu and Ben Hunt were our halves the majority of the time.

Last edited:

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
He is naturally a lock, isn’t he? Wolfie Wolfie
I'm not exactly sure to be honest if i would say he is naturally a lock. I'd say probably he just a natural middle forward. I personally think he is best as a prop, but a lot of teams play their locks just like a prop anyway, and he has the workrate, communication, leadership and toughness to be a top player there as well. As i mentioned earlier though, if you want a lock like Murray for example, then you dont play Carrigan there.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Completely disagree.

Swap Macca and Friend and there would be little difference. Friend’s benefit is he is passing to Cronk, Keary and Tedesco, not KNik, Milf and Boyd. That gulf in class is the difference right there.
Anyone watching tonights game would probably disagree.

Friend played awesome and was doing just as much kicking and play making as Cronk and Keary, and was arguably more effective than them when doing so. His kicking game has come in leaps and bounds in the last 2-3 years, McCullough's really hasn't improved at all as far as I can tell (Although he never even tried to kick early in his career, so maybe it has.)

Pushkin

QCup Player
I'm not exactly sure to be honest if i would say he is naturally a lock. I'd say probably he just a natural middle forward. I personally think he is best as a prop, but a lot of teams play their locks just like a prop anyway, and he has the workrate, communication, leadership and toughness to be a top player there as well. As i mentioned earlier though, if you want a lock like Murray for example, then you dont play Carrigan there.
Carrigan deserve to play next week.

Splinter

NRL Player
They'd be more useful in those positions than they are in the ones they're in now.

Glenn is composed and has the skill and footy brain to handle playing hooker. He used to play halves and hooker in the under 20's for us.

It's been widely publicised that Bird wants to play lock, so give it to him.. If he can't do that then drop him.
He played centre and second row in the 20’s

upthebroncs

QCup Player
Anyone watching tonights game would probably disagree.

Friend played awesome and was doing just as much kicking and play making as Cronk and Keary, and was arguably more effective than them when doing so. His kicking game has come in leaps and bounds in the last 2-3 years, McCullough's really hasn't improved at all as far as I can tell (Although he never even tried to kick early in his career, so maybe it has.)
Friend is underrated. He should be the Queensland hooker this year. If he isn't, Kev should be sacked.

Alec

International Rep
Glenn is versatile, but he never had quality stints at hooker, that's a load of rubbish. He seriously makes McCullough look like a star with his passing and vision.

Last edited:

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Didnt you say he played Halves in our under 20's? You had to go back a long way to find him in the halves for Northcoate, he would have been about 13 years old!

And your team list is wrong for the Melbourne game we lost 48-4. Locky didnt play, Hodges didnt play, Neither did Clinton. You are reading way too much into a team list. Glenn was more than likely playing center.

And dont forget, Cronk was more of a utility at Melbourne when he first started. Played a fair bit of hooker iirc.

Last edited:

PNG Broncos fan88

NYC Player
Port Moresby
I know it’s early. But Coach Bennet was never the problem at the Broncos. He never had the cattle to do the job. Now he has the cattle.
Just hurts thinking it, but hell saying it now "Rabbitohs will take out the 2019 title."

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee

Foordy

International Rep
I know it’s early. But Coach Bennet was never the problem at the Broncos. He never had the cattle to do the job. Now he has the cattle.
Just hurts thinking it, but hell saying it now "Rabbitohs will take out the 2019 title."
if he never had the cattle ... then thats on him ... 4 years is more than enough time to assemble the team you want