2019 Broncos Line-up

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Fitzy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

You have to be having a laugh. There is no similarity between him and JT2 in the way they play. He is a fairly decent lock for Redcliffe and good in the ISC, but he makes a lot of simple errors, and there is plenty in his game he would be caught out with in the NRL. I watch Redcliffe most weeks so dont be fooled by these youtube clips. They are generally made to accent the positive things from a players game.I'm not saying he isnt a decent player, he is, but he wont get a look in here unless we get decimated by injury.

As for Carrigan at lock, he is a much better prop. He could play anywhere in the forwards because he is that good. Its very subjective anyway because not everyone looks for the same things from a lock. Patty would just be a prop playing in the lock position. HE wouldnt be playing lock like JT2 or Cameron Murray is tonight for example.

I'd also love to see where you got this Glenn played in the Halves for our u20's. I can certainly remember him playing a fair amount of center, back row and lock for our 2008 u20's. Jared Kahu and Ben Hunt were our halves the majority of the time.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 7:58 PM
    Locky's Left Boot likes this.
  2. Wolfie

I'm not exactly sure to be honest if i would say he is naturally a lock. I'd say probably he just a natural middle forward. I personally think he is best as a prop, but a lot of teams play their locks just like a prop anyway, and he has the workrate, communication, leadership and toughness to be a top player there as well. As i mentioned earlier though, if you want a lock like Murray for example, then you dont play Carrigan there.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 7:57 PM
    soup likes this.
  3. Anyone watching tonights game would probably disagree.

Friend played awesome and was doing just as much kicking and play making as Cronk and Keary, and was arguably more effective than them when doing so. His kicking game has come in leaps and bounds in the last 2-3 years, McCullough's really hasn't improved at all as far as I can tell (Although he never even tried to kick early in his career, so maybe it has.)

upthebroncs likes this.
  4. Pushkin

Pushkin QCup Player

Carrigan deserve to play next week.

5. Wolfie

I think he deserves to play every week!

6. Splinter

Splinter NRL Player

He played centre and second row in the 20’s

Wolfie and Sproj like this.
  7. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

Friend is underrated. He should be the Queensland hooker this year. If he isn't, Kev should be sacked.

8. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

upload_2019-3-16_15-6-13.png

Named halfback in actual first grade

9. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

upload_2019-3-16_15-9-40.png

10. Alec

Alec International Rep

Glenn is versatile, but he never had quality stints at hooker, that's a load of rubbish. He seriously makes McCullough look like a star with his passing and vision.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 3:19 PM
  11. Wolfie

Didnt you say he played Halves in our under 20's? You had to go back a long way to find him in the halves for Northcoate, he would have been about 13 years old!

And your team list is wrong for the Melbourne game we lost 48-4. Locky didnt play, Hodges didnt play, Neither did Clinton. You are reading way too much into a team list. Glenn was more than likely playing center.

And dont forget, Cronk was more of a utility at Melbourne when he first started. Played a fair bit of hooker iirc.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 3:36 PM
  12. Splinter and Wolfie like this.
  13. I know it’s early. But Coach Bennet was never the problem at the Broncos. He never had the cattle to do the job. Now he has the cattle.
    Just hurts thinking it, but hell saying it now "Rabbitohs will take out the 2019 title."

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 4:20 PM
    Dee likes this.
  14. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Are we actually arguing that Glenn would be a good hooker because he played in the halves ten years ago? Have you ever seen him play? He's not a hooker, he's not a half, he's not even a centre. He's a second rower and that's it. This is a stupid debate

15. Wolfie

Big Pete likes this.
  16. Foordy

Foordy

if he never had the cattle ... then thats on him ... 4 years is more than enough time to assemble the team you want

JAHHW and whykickamoocow like this.
  17. Everyone knows you can't win the comp with cattle......

Locky's Left Boot and Harry Sack like this.
  18. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

You also can't win the comp in Round One.

19. Splinter

Splinter NRL Player

You are dreaming if you believe this. He had no quality stints at hooker for the Broncos U20s. I don’t mind reading your posts where points are fair and balanced but I’m calling these Alex Glenn comments rubbish.

20. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

To be fair, this is the team he wanted