2019 Broncos Line-up

Is the new narrative that Bennett was unfair to the media now? **** the media. They don't deserve the time
Mate its nothing to do with the media, it's us the fans that like to hear the coaches thoughts and opinions. Spending time answering questions means Siebs is ensuring the fanbase is kept as well informed as possible. Maybe you dont, but I appreciate the time he is giving up.

It's a bit strange to be having a look at him in a position that he won't play in..

I think maybe Seibold sees him as a Cameron Murray style of lock. Must be part of his game plan.

There's also the fact that Gillett is getting older and Fifita is good enough to start or at least develop in the starting side

Fifita was fairly ordinary last night. I think Gillo will be back there against the storm.

Fifita was fairly ordinary last night. I think Gillo will be back there against the storm.

That's my feeling also.

Could definetely see -

8. Lodge
9. McC
10. Ofa
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. Staggs
15. Su'A
16. Fifita
17. Flegler / Carrigan (Probably Flegler, will need a bit more size with a centre and two edge forwards on the bench)

That's my feeling also.

Could definetely see -

8. Lodge
9. McC
10. Ofa
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. Staggs
15. Su'A
16. Fifita
17. Flegler / Carrigan (Probably Flegler, will need a bit more size with a centre and two edge forwards on the bench)

If we just have one bench middle forward, I hope it's someone who can play decent minutes, since there are 3 middle forwards to start with whose level of intensity is the highest in the team.

I know both Su'a and Fifita have heaps of potential, but I dunno how we can fit both of them on the bench unless Su'a plays in the middle (and does it pretty well).

If we just have one bench middle forward, I hope it's someone who can play decent minutes, since there are 3 middle forwards to start with whose level of intensity is the highest in the team.

I know both Su'a and Fifita have heaps of potential, but I dunno how we can fit both of them on the bench unless Su'a plays in the middle (and does it pretty well).

Based on last night, I'd say Lodge & Ofa are both fixin' to play an extra 10 or so minutes each this year.

Based on last night, I'd say Lodge & Ofa are both fixin' to play an extra 10 or so minutes each this year.

You'll still have to rotate them, and I dunno how you can do it with just 1 middle forward on the bench.

You'll still have to rotate them, and I dunno how you can do it with just 1 middle forward on the bench.

Gillett to spend 20-25 minutes in the middle, Fifita to the right edge. Su'A to play some Lock minutes also. It's definitely doable.

For mine, Gillett belongs on the right edge and the right edge belongs to Gillo.

Last season that side was weakness without his defence and leadership. His defence solidifies and stabilises the right side and, for mine, if Seibold has coaching nous, unlike Bennett's tactics which used Gillo purely as a tackling machine (yawn), he will create a set of tactics that will exploit Gillett's undoubted running game and ball skills.

Last edited:
Mate its nothing to do with the media, it's us the fans that like to hear the coaches thoughts and opinions. Spending time answering questions means Siebs is ensuring the fanbase is kept as well informed as possible. Maybe you dont, but I appreciate the time he is giving up.
Then release it on Broncos.com or send it out on the members email. Badel, Rothfield and all of those other twats who play a part in ruining our season year after year don't deserve to make a cent off the Broncos

Then release it on Broncos.com or send it out on the members email. Badel, Rothfield and all of those other twats who play a part in ruining our season year after year don't deserve to make a cent off the Broncos

This is pretty much my line of thought. Do interviews with journos who don't just make stuff up, give interviews to kids just out of uni and tell the pathetic old mudrakers to piss off. Surely there are a few youngins biting at the heels of these useless dinosaurs? Give them a go and if they make stuff up move on to the next young up and comer. Make these fuckwits realise that they are actually accountable for what they write and say. What were Rothfield and Kent even doing at our training sessions? One makes up slanderous bullshit about Bird and the other about Milford, why should we even give those jokes the time of day? I wish more players would look to Teo for inspiration the way he told Weidler to **** off, a few of these so called journalists deserve that and more.

This. I read an article a few years ago where social media and modern websites can effectively make 90% of media reporting redundent. Why speak to a journo and have it twisted when you can release it direct to the market?

The only thing left for the media to do is report on things that the clubs do not self-report, that they’d prefer to keep hidden. So that’s what they do - to the extreme. They still report the puff pieces and the developments so that people don’t catch on that the clubs and NRL.com have that covered, but where they get their decent clicks is from the gutter trash and overblown outrage articles.

Then we end up with the management becoming unaccountable and therefore allowed to feed us with whatever BS they want. Many of the current journos may well give the Broncs a hard time, but they're a necessary evil.

I hope Mago isn’t the forgotten man in our prop rotation. He was, at the very least, not a liability for us last season. Let him have the opening exchanges to whack some guys and then come off after 20.

Also, could Joe play some lock? He played there at times last year and was pretty good. Isn’t the lock style everyone wants to see, but can keep him out there a touch longer and split the rotation a little while not putting pressure on Pangai to do everything and ease him back for a couple of weeks at least.

8. Lodge
10. Mago
11. Glenn
12. Gillo
13. Joffa

15. TPJ
16. Fifita
17. Flegler/Carrigan

Su’A is unlucky, but I think he needs some match fitness at the Magpies

I hope Mago isn’t the forgotten man in our prop rotation. He was, at the very least, not a liability for us last season. Let him have the opening exchanges to whack some guys and then come off after 20.

Also, could Joe play some lock? He played there at times last year and was pretty good. Isn’t the lock style everyone wants to see, but can keep him out there a touch longer and split the rotation a little while not putting pressure on Pangai to do everything and ease him back for a couple of weeks at least.

8. Lodge
10. Mago
11. Glenn
12. Gillo
13. Joffa

15. TPJ
16. Fifita
17. Flegler/Carrigan

Su’A is unlucky, but I think he needs some match fitness at the Magpies

I think Joffa was our best lock last year.

Then we end up with the management becoming unaccountable and therefore allowed to feed us with whatever BS they want. Many of the current journos may well give the Broncs a hard time, but they're a necessary evil.
Do you think the idiots in the media aren't already fed what the clubs want them to hear, for the most part? The rest of their news comes from other witnesses who give them the information.

I think the problem with the media is the pressure to find stories is so much greater in the era of 24 hour news that they will jump on just about anything, knowing the more they inflate it, the more clicks come their way.

Do you think the idiots in the media aren't already fed what the clubs want them to hear, for the most part? The rest of their news comes from other witnesses who give them the information.
So does this mean you think the fans are being treated like idiots too and being fed what ever the club wants them to hear. Investigative journalism is designed to stymie this. It sounds like you would rather the media gave up and we all just resigned ourselves to being fed whatever the club wants us to hear via their social media. Given the choice I'd rather put up with some dodgy journos in the knowledge that there were others holding the management in their ivory towers to account.

So does this mean you think the fans are being treated like idiots too and being fed what ever the club wants them to hear. Investigative journalism is designed to stymie this. It sounds like you would rather the media gave up and we all just resigned ourselves to being fed whatever the club wants us to hear via their social media. Given the choice I'd rather put up with some dodgy journos in the knowledge that there were others holding the management in their ivory towers to account.
I think a lot of fans are idiots, which is why this current media situation continues to work. Some dodgy journos? There aren't many that aren't dodgy in our sport. I very rarely care about what happens off the field or training paddock, yet the media rarely give us anything related to that.

This is what I want and think is necessary for our sport
https://operations.nfl.com/updates/football-ops/2018-nfl-media-access-policy/

If there is anything related to crime, the police can release that and the pro-AFL media can run with it like they do. If it can be sorted out in-house without creating a bullshit "League players are the only sport that commit crimes" narrative then I'm all for it. I couldn't give a shit about a sex tape, who Buzz spotted this week, who Josh Massoud has threatened this week, or hear Jessica O'Halloran bring up Matt Lodge every six minutes while not responding to questions about the AFL giving victims hush money. And lastly I don't need to hear NSW/Gold Coast based media who have hated the Broncos since someone first said "What about a Brisbane team" shit on the team at every possible time.

Active Now

• Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Manifesto
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behold
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.