2019 Broncos Line-up

Thats rubbish. Our comeback was all down to Carrigan. WE were losing before he hit the field, he comes on, we start scoring tries. Coincidence? I think not.
Is he your love child?
Lover maybe lol

I do love him to though, itching to see more of him.

If we had just recruited the right 7 to play alongside Milford we would have never had any issues with how Milf plays. He was supposed to be a ball running 6 with bursts of flair.

It's just wrong that we haven't had the brains to go out and buy someone like a Nathan Cleary or Cooper Cronk.

Instead we bought Jack Bird. We bought Bird when we knew we needed a decent 7.

Ah this old chestnut. We signed Bird at the same time we were chasing a halfback. Its just you choose to ignore this to suit your agenda.

And how were we supposed to sign Cronk or Cleary? Cronk wanted to move to Sydney, not Brisbane. Cleary wanted to stay at Panthers and play for his father. No way on earth were we signing either of those.

Noteably.. Thomas Dearden isn't in the top 30 or on a development contract.

maybe he can't actually be named in the top 30 since he is 17 ... and since we may want to use him down this season, we have left spot 30 open for him

maybe he can't actually be named in the top 30 since he is 17 ... and since we may want to use him down this season, we have left spot 30 open for him
I guess it could be for Dearden, I'd have my money on Turps though.

Let's go with this team ok?

1. Nickareama
2. Oats
3. Stag
4. Robert
5. Isarko
6. Melford
7. Sullivan
8. TJP
9. Macullock
10. Offehengowi
11. Glen
12. Fafita
13. Gillette

14. Sewer
15. Cardigan
16. Maog
17. Takeiteasy

Where's the problem in that?
what did Bouyed do wrong to be ommitted

I guess it could be for Dearden, I'd have my money on Turps though.

Turps is already in the development squad ... which is why i think Deardon may be our number 30, since he clearly has very high raps on him and is not in the development squad

People are starting to become condescending because they're tired of the same opinions being thrown around like facts. There was no 7's available worth having and Bird was a damn good rep player that would add anything to any team. We did not pay as much as you and everyone in the media seems to think we did for him and we have the best bunch of teenage halfbacks running around in the reserves that I have ever seen.

Isaako will be our fullback when he learns to play like a fullback and not a winger. Turpin might be our hooker when he starts actually playing better than our current one. This impatience to throw these players who aren't ready into positions they aren't used to usually ruins players. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but that doesn't mean you won't be called out if it's a shit opinion laced with inaccuracies and agendas, especially if you have form.

Arguably, Turpin isnt even the best hooker at Redcliffe, and he is nowhere near Macca right now. Some people get carried away with Issako at fullback from that one great run the other night. If Boyd had failed to claim the high ball Issko dropped, or if Boyd let the ball bounce like Issako did he would have been crucified by some on here. I can clearly see the faults of Macca and Boyd, but what i cant see is anyone banging down the door to take their places.

Last edited:
Edit: Quoted deleted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turps is already in the development squad ... which is why i think Deardon may be our number 30, since he clearly has very high raps on him and is not in the development squad
Good call. My bad:loko2gaydude:

Ah this old chestnut. We signed Bird at the same time we were chasing a halfback. Its just you choose to ignore this to suit your agenda.

And how were we supposed to sign Cronk or Cleary? Cronk wanted to move to Sydney, not Brisbane. Cleary wanted to stay at Panthers and play for his father. No way on earth were we signing either of those.

"We signed Bird at the same time we were chasing a halfback" - The fact is that we signed Bird and not a halfback.

"It's just you choose to ignore this to suit your agenda" - You're making an assumption that I have an agenda.. I don't. I have an opinion though. You sound a bit paranoid there mate.

"And how were we supposed to sign Cronk or Cleary? Cronk wanted to move to Sydney, not Brisbane." - If you read my post, I actually said someone like Cronk or Cleary.. Meaning a 7 with the similar attributes or talent. They were good examples.

Last edited:
"We signed Bird at the same time we were chasing a halfback" - I don't see how that makes any difference to my point. The fact is that we signed Bird and not a halfback

so you would turn down signing a rep quality player, because the only decent halfback on market turned us down for massive overs ... or should we have just gone out a bought a halfback for the sake of buying a halfback.

so you would turn down signing a rep quality player, because the only decent halfback on market turned us down for massive overs ... or should we have just gone out a bought a halfback for the sake of buying a halfback.

Why would I buy a random player just because they're "rep quality" and I can? Especially on a 4 year deal over 700k per year.

I don't know how anyone can justify the signing.

We could have bought a semi decent halfback on a one or two year deal for around 300k a year and then when the appropriate signing came onto market we would have the cash to make an offer.

Staggs would most likely be our centre this year if we didn't sign Bird.

Last edited:
Why would I buy a random player just because they're "rep quality" and I can? Especially on a 4 year deal over 700k per year.

I don't know how anyone can justify the signing.

We could have bought a semi decent halfback on a one or two year deal for around 300k a year and then when the appropriate signing came onto market we would have the cash to make an offer.

Staggs would most likely be our centre this year if we didn't sign Bird.

I can guarantee you it wasn't a random signing from Bennett ... he knew exactly what he had planned for Bird before he even made the offer, however the injury that the Sharks didn't deal with threw a spanner into the works.

Right now Bird is a better player and better center than Staggs ...

plus name a REALISTIC halfback that we could have signed for 300k that would improve our side ... we already had one of those in Nikorima

however the injury that the Sharks didn't deal with threw a spanner into the works.

Our guys didn't spot the injury at first either. There's plenty of things to be critical about the Sharks for but this isn't one of them imo.

Our guys didn't spot the injury at first either. There's plenty of things to be critical about the Sharks for but this isn't one of them imo.

they didn't spot the sternum one ... however, our medical team sent him immediately for shoulder surgery once he was our player on November 1 ... an injury that had been troubling Bird for half of that season.

this also meant that he lost his entire pre-season ... he he have been able to do full contact training, the sternum injury may have been picked up earlier

Last edited:
Depends who you believe. Bennett said the Sharks told the Broncos that their scans showed that surgery wouldn't be needed and known liar and cheat, Shane Flanaghan denied the claim but also stated “If they had done their due diligence they would have done a medical and known about it. Wayne signed him… it’s their problem. We don’t have to tell them anything. It’s their responsibility.” I know who I'd believe

Really? Misspelling an unfamiliar (infrequently used) word is very understandable, it's the often used words misspelled that astounds me. Your and you're, saw and fucking SEEN like some illiterate american hillbilly would certainly use. I have no real issue with getting it wrong especially when Fafita and Fifita sound so similar, at least when using our inner voices. I'm certain I've misspelled it in the past and I'm fucking brilliant.:dancer2:

And humble.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Rambstien
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Lurker
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.