2019 Broncos Line-up

"We signed Bird at the same time we were chasing a halfback" - The fact is that we signed Bird and not a halfback.

"It's just you choose to ignore this to suit your agenda" - You're making an assumption that I have an agenda.. I don't. I have an opinion though. You sound a bit paranoid there mate.

"And how were we supposed to sign Cronk or Cleary? Cronk wanted to move to Sydney, not Brisbane." - If you read my post, I actually said someone like Cronk or Cleary.. Meaning a 7 with the similar attributes or talent. They were good examples.

Not quite sure how me thinking you have an agenda against certain players is paranoia. If i was paranoid, i would think you were out to get me and not Jack Bird for example. I'm not even sure you know what paranoid actually means. Ask your teacher at school tomorrow for some help with that.

Maybe you need read what you type. You said " Instead we bought Jack Bird. We bought Bird when we knew we needed a decent 7. " Thats clearly incorrect. We announced we signed Jack Bird in April 2017 iirc. We were still chasing Ash Taylor up until October 2017, when he re-signed with the Titans. Broncos didnt sign Jack Bird at the expense of a halfback, we chased a half back for a long time, we just weren't willing to pay massive overs for that half back. So your claim about Bird and the halfback is wrong. Its not even arguable, we wanted a halfback even after we signed Bird. And here are a links to a couple of articles that arent paywalled to back up my points about signing Bird and chasing Taylor and the timelines.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/brisba...nrl-deal/73274e8c-0c8b-4b56-8976-c27b28ebdb27

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/as...titans-on-threeyear-deal-20171025-gz7lxo.html

Taylor was probably the only decent half back on the market at the time we signed Bird, so where were we supposed to get this halfback from in 2017? There certainly weren't any halfbacks of the quality of Cleary or Cronk available. And you did say " someone like a Nathan Cleary or Cooper Cronk ", so who was available like them in 2017?

Last edited:
Our guys didn't spot the injury at first either. There's plenty of things to be critical about the Sharks for but this isn't one of them imo.

Thats arguable. The scans we were supplied with from the Sharks for both his shoulder and sternum injuries were apparently not very clear to the point where legal action was considered against the sharks. When the Broncos actually got access to Bird they saw from his scans he needed surgery, the Sharks told Bird his shoulder was fine.

Not quite sure how me thinking you have an agenda against certain players is paranoia. If i was paranoid, i would think you were out to get me and not Jack Bird for example. I'm not even sure you know what paranoid actually means. Ask your teacher at school tomorrow for some help with that.

Maybe you need read what you type. You said " Instead we bought Jack Bird. We bought Bird when we knew we needed a decent 7. " Thats clearly incorrect. We announced we signed Jack Bird in April 2017 iirc. We were still chasing Ash Taylor up until October 2017, when he re-signed with the Titans. Broncos didnt sign Jack Bird at the expense of a halfback, we chased a half back for a long time, we just weren't willing to pay massive overs for that half back. So your claim about Bird and the halfback is wrong. Its not even arguable, we wanted a halfback even after we signed Bird. And here are a links to a couple of articles that arent paywalled to back up my points about signing Bird and chasing Taylor and the timelines.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/brisba...nrl-deal/73274e8c-0c8b-4b56-8976-c27b28ebdb27

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/as...titans-on-threeyear-deal-20171025-gz7lxo.html

Taylor was probably the only decent half back on the market at the time we signed Bird, so where were we supposed to get this halfback from in 2017? There certainly weren't any halfbacks of the quality of Cleary or Cronk available. And you did say " someone like a Nathan Cleary or Cooper Cronk ", so who was available like them in 2017?

We bought Bird because there was noone else to buy. We bought Bird instead of buying a halfback. We spent over 700k we could have instead spent on a halfback. How is this hard to understand?

We did lose Ben Hunt to a big money offer too

Last edited:
Just some halves that moved clubs in 2018

Ben Hunt
James Maloney
Mitchell Pearce
Blake Green
Kalyn Ponga
Connor Watson
Kieran Foran
Benji Marshall
Josh Reynolds
Tyrone Roberts
Lachlan Croker
Sam Williams
Zach Dockar Clay
Darren Nicholls
Josh McCrone

Last edited:

Ben Hunt
James Maloney
Mitchell Pearce
Blake Green
Kalyn Ponga
Connor Watson
Kieran Foran
Benji Marshall
Josh Reynolds
Tyrone Roberts
Lachlan Croker
Sam Williams
Zach Dockar Clay
Darren Nicholls
Josh McCrone
Really? Not much to choose from once you've removed Hunt and Marshall and Ponga wasn't a half back then. Then there's the reserve graders on your list. You are trying to string unrelated events together. Bird and the halfback situation and we're a rich club, we could have both but Bird was not a stumbling block or impediment to signing a halfback. Blame the admin, WB did not do the hiring and firing on his return although his voice would have been listened to.

Really? Not much to choose from once you've removed Hunt and Marshall and Ponga wasn't a half back then. Then there's the reserve graders on your list. You are trying to string unrelated events together. Bird and the halfback situation and we're a rich club, we could have both but Bird was not a stumbling block or impediment to signing a halfback. Blame the admin, WB did not do the hiring and firing on his return although his voice would have been listened to.

Corey Allan will turn out to be a better player than Bird.

I would've thought Blake Green would've been absolutely worthy of our attention rather than a busted Centre

We bought Bird because there was noone else to buy. We bought Bird instead of buying a halfback. We spent over 700k we could have instead spent on a halfback. How is this hard to understand?

We did lose Ben Hunt to a big money offer too

You obviously ignore the fact then we actively chased a halfback after we signed Bird. We didn't stop chasing Ash Taylor after we signed Bird. There really is no helping you if you choose to ignore something that is factual. It's not often I call somebody stupid, but you really must be if you can't accept we wanted Taylor and Bird, not one or the other. It's not even debatable, we went for both.

And that list of half backs you posted is laughable. Not one of them is anywhere near Cronk or Cleary. Maloney would have been good, but he moved so late in the day we had no chance as we had spent our money elsewhere ( mainly upgrading contracts of the likes of Glenn, Moose, Macca, Milf, Roberts, Boyd etc ) As Huge said, some weren't even halves at the time like Ponga. Here is our signing for the 2018 season

https://www.google.com/amp/s/couple...s/news-story/9137a51da0cb48ecfd1ed392e061083f

I'll leave you to your delusions now supercoach.

Last edited:

Ben Hunt
James Maloney
Mitchell Pearce
Blake Green
Kalyn Ponga
Connor Watson
Kieran Foran
Benji Marshall
Josh Reynolds
Tyrone Roberts
Lachlan Croker
Sam Williams
Zach Dockar Clay
Darren Nicholls
Josh McCrone

Josh McCrone !!!

giphy.gif

Richard-Kennar.jpg

According to the Rabbitohs website, Kennar was 104kg last year looking like this.

img_8993.jpg

This is him on the right this year..

Might legitimately be an impact forward option..

You obviously ignore the fact then we actively chased a halfback after we signed Bird. We didn't stop chasing Ash Taylor after we signed Bird. There really is no helping you if you choose to ignore something that is factual. It's not often I call somebody stupid, but you really must be if you can't accept we wanted Taylor and Bird, not one or the other. It's not even debatable, we went for both.

And that list of half backs you posted is laughable. Not one of them is anywhere near Cronk or Cleary. Maloney would have been good, but he moved so late in the day we had no chance as we had spent our money elsewhere ( mainly upgrading contracts of the likes of Glenn, Moose, Macca, Milf, Roberts, Boyd etc ) As Huge said, some weren't even halves at the time like Ponga. Here is our signing for the 2018 season

https://www.google.com/amp/s/couple...s/news-story/9137a51da0cb48ecfd1ed392e061083f

I'll leave you to your delusions now supercoach.

You believe Jack Bird was a good signing. We'll leave it at that

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.