21 Jake Turpin
22 George Fai
23 Patrick Carrigan
24 Gehamat Shibasaki
25 Andre Savelio
26 Kotoni Staggs
27 Jonus Pearson
28 Cory Paix (could be development)

Will you have to change your username if this happens?

01 Kodi Nikorima
02 Corey Oates
03 James Roberts
04 Darius Boyd (c)
05 Jamayne Isaako
06 Jack Bird
07 Anthony Milford
08 Matt Lodge
09 Andrew McCullough
10 Joe Ofahengaue
11 Tevita Pangai Junior
12 Matt Gillett
13 Josh McGuire

14 Alex Glenn
15 Payne Haas
16 David Fifita
17 Jaydn Su’A

18 Jordan Kahu
19 Patrick Mago
20 Sean O’Sullivan
21 Jake Turpin
22 George Fai
23 Patrick Carrigan
24 Gehamat Shibasaki
25 Andre Savelio
26 Kotoni Staggs
27 Jonus Pearson
28 Cory Paix (could be development)

Not the worst options. Don’t like Milf at halfback but if he’s going to be there (he is now anyway) then Bird adds a lot of defence and can run hard lines from 6 to compliment quick footed running do KNik and Milf. Need them to not stay on one side of field and KNik to help with some first or second receiver. KNik fixes the support play issues and uses his attacking skills best. Have to make sure he can handle the defensive side. Boyd and Roberts can come to other side of field (swap with Bird or KNik) to allow Boyd to do his sweep play inside 20 every few sets. For me TPJ needs to be lock and Sua start. Lack of utility value off the bench maybe Fifita could cover centres? Boyd can cover wing and for as little as possible fullback. Prefer Staggs or Turpin as hooker cover maybe rotate horses for courses too. Staggs can cover backrow, centre and probably wing and 5/8. Rotate the young forwards to QCup in turns for big minutes to free up a spot for utility and help development of backrow with game time. Beside injuries or form will mean usually one of the group won’t be in NRL side.

Last edited:
I actually think there is a good chance most of this side is what happens next year. I really do have so many reservations about Isaako at fullback though. I'd be so keen to try Roberts there. He has a beautiful pass on him and imagine what he could do to staggered defensive lines.

When does he pass the ball to put some one else in the gap? Hint Never

Kodi at fullback
That’s some funny shit right there
Remember a couple of years ago when Oates got injured early in a game against Melbourne, kniko was put on the wing and Melb smashed the shit out of us., they bombed his wing the whole game and put 50 on us
He is wsy, way too small to be on the wing of at FB

Last edited:
Kodi at fullback
Remember a couple of years ago when Oates got injured early in a game against Melbourne, kniko was put on the wing and Melb smashed the shit out of us., they bombed his wing the whole game and put 50 on us

Wing is different to fullback - got isolated in wing against a big winger. Fullback won’t be so much for short bombs. Also KNik will have time to learn - doubt he ever played wing much.

Bowen, Barba, Slater etc. Terrible fullbacks since they were short...

When does he pass the ball to put some one else in the gap? Hint Never

He doesn't need to. If there is ever the opportunity for a gap, he gets through it himself.

His passing is generally once he's through the line, and he throws it when he gets to the fullback. I've never seen him throw anything other than a perfect, crisp, accurate and bullet-like pass in these situations.

I get what you mean though. The quality of the pass itself is often not the determining factor for ball-playing at fullback. It's the weighing up of options and choosing when to pass (Boyd's best strength in attack). Something that Roberts may or not be able to do, it's never really been gauged.

Last edited:
Was basing that on the rumour Kahu and Glenn are off to the Titans. I’d like to see Isaako improve his ball playing if he’s going to be fullback. Boyd should only be considered as a centre due to the lack of a left centre. Yes we have Kahu (again rumours are he could be departing) and Staggs however Boyd is far superior defensively and reads the game well and that helps Milford out. Birds best position is five-eighth or lock. If Kahu leaves and we play Niko as 17 I’d give Staggs a run on the right wing, I think he could be a Mini Oates.

Kodi at fullback
Kodi is 4cm smaller than Slater. Of course he got destroyed on the wing, he isn’t a winger. I reckon Milford would get destroyed there as well but he can play fullback can’t he? **** me.

Kodi is 4cm smaller than Slater. Of course he got destroyed on the wing, he isn’t a winger. I reckon Milford would get destroyed there as well but he can play fullback can’t he? **** me.

The fear is that we would simply be bombed all day long with Nikorima at fullback and he would be out-jumped every single time, as he was in his sole performance on the wing for us, before Wayne had to hook him...

His role is as a halfback or a super-sub and unfortunately he is the best one we have at present, so I don’t see him going anywhere just yet.

O’Sullivan might turn out alright so that might change Wayne’s thinking, or he might just be another Dargin, Cullen etc that we never see much of.

It's definitely different catching bombs at fullback than on the wings. Most importantly, you don't really have a lot of tall fullbacks in the first place, and even less ones who actively chase and contest bombs in attack. Slater is great at it, but he's not exactly particularly tall himself. Bombing to the fullback usually happens from 40 metres out, and the chase is usually just the scare the shit out of them and smash them. You don't get those pinpoint kicks on the opp 20 metre line because the halfback would have to do it from the sideline.

The fear is that we would simply be bombed all day long with Nikorima at fullback and he would be out-jumped every single time, as he was in his sole performance on the wing for us, before Wayne had to hook him...

His role is as a halfback or a super-sub and unfortunately he is the best one we have at present, so I don’t see him going anywhere just yet.

O’Sullivan might turn out alright so that might change Wayne’s thinking, or he might just be another Dargin, Cullen etc that we never see much of.
Again, he was out jumped by one of the Games great leapers and he is only 4cm shorter than Slater, is Slater continually out leaped? It is truely a non issue.

So he got demolished against Grubuvalu that one time, let's ignore he was put on the wing as a last resort, played through a shoulder injury that was courtesy of Grubuvalu dog shot.

Could a game where he started at fullback be considered as you know he actually played fullback.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/07/21/rd-20-broncos-v-bulldogs-1st-half/

There is a nice high ball take in that game at fullback, if he was complete shit at that position he would not have been able to take it.

So he got demolished against Grubuvalu that one time, let's ignore he was put on the wing as a last resort, played through a shoulder injury that was courtesy of Grubuvalu dog shot.

Could a game where he started at fullback be considered as you know he actually played fullback.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/07/21/rd-20-broncos-v-bulldogs-1st-half/

There is a nice high ball take in that game at fullback, if he was complete shit at that position he would not have been able to take it.
Around the 13.20 mark he nails a clean up that could’ve been dangerous as well.

Slater, Barber, Ponga , could include Matty Bowen and Preston Campbell are/were all small fullbacks.
What they lack in size they make up for in sheer brilliance, good luck isolating those players.
Based upon Knik's demonstrations to date in any position, he wouldn't blow a candle out against those 4 "small" players.

Slater, Barber, Ponga , could include Matty Bowen and Preston Campbell are/were all small fullbacks.
What they lack in size they make up for in sheer brilliance, good luck isolating those players.
Based upon Knik's demonstrations to date in any position, he wouldn't blow a candle out against those 4 "small" players.

He’s not Slater class but who is aside from Slater and Lockyer in last 30 years.

Ponga has only really played 1 year - need to wait 5-10 before we say he’s a great

Have u seen Knik slice through a half gap? Reckon he could in class of Barber/ Bowen and Campbell.

For me KNik has possibility of being NRL standard (but lots of downside to fix) at 1 (defence organisation and goalline), 6 (defence, ballplaying and kicking), 9 (defence, control of the pace of the game and fatigue) and 14 (defence is less an issue when you are on for 30-40 mins don’t get exposed with fatigue as much). 14 is his best spot I think but for me he’s got more upside at 1 than Isaako until Isaako has a couple of years to learn the game (like Holmes has done and don’t really rate Isaako as Broncos quality fullback likely see him more as a Hoffman type hopefully without the attitude and subsequent petering out of his career).

I’m actually shocked most people still have Macca at 9.
We won’t win a thing with him unfortunately.
Slow service and zero creativity just doesn’t cut it anymore.
Surely we have someone better? That will help take the pressure of Milf as we can actually have a threat from dummy half

Active Now

• FaceOfMutiny
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bongo
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • The True King
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.