2019 Broncos Line-up

I’m actually shocked most people still have Macca at 9.
We won’t win a thing with him unfortunately.
Slow service and zero creativity just doesn’t cut it anymore.
Surely we have someone better? That will help take the pressure of Milf as we can actually have a threat from dummy half

We have him because we still need his defence in the ruck and on the notion we use Kodi or Turpin as a relief 9. Macca should be a better player playing less minutes.

That and we know he won’t be dropped

I’m actually shocked most people still have Macca at 9.
We won’t win a thing with him unfortunately.
Slow service and zero creativity just doesn’t cut it anymore.
Surely we have someone better? That will help take the pressure of Milf as we can actually have a threat from dummy half

We have him there because short of a career ending injury he is our hooker for the next 3-4 years at least. It’s just being realistic. This was his first year of a four year contract signed in 2017...

We all want someone better but they don’t come to market too often for obvious reasons and we still have the issue of him being signed to a long term contract to deal with even if we did sign someone better...

Last edited:
I agree that we need an impact hooker on the bench, it's what got us to the GF in 2015, but is there even a better hooker on the market? Cook just pulled a Ben Hunt like choke job under pressure vs the rorters, plus it seems like he's been worked out. There aren't that many good hookers around when you look at the options.

Cook wasn't hard to work out, have two square markers who aren't gassed or lazy and done.

Alternately run when theres only one marker, not square etc.

Even if Cook doesn't run much, he still has a fantastic pass on him, and is still a threat if the markers are switched off for even a second.

Or rather it's usually like that. He did have a shocker on Saturday, with the passing too. Just seemed like a choke to me.

Last edited:
I agree that we need an impact hooker on the bench, it's what got us to the GF in 2015, but is there even a better hooker on the market? Cook just pulled a Ben Hunt like choke job under pressure vs the rorters, plus it seems like he's been worked out. There aren't that many good hookers around when you look at the options.

Run at the right moment isn’t exactly a secret. Hookers have been doing it for a while. Lazy markers and his speed will exist next year too. Roosters had very good defence and didn’t give him chances.

Robinson is a great defensive game plan coach.

1.Boyd
2.Issako
3.Roberts
4.Staggs
5.Kahu
6.Bird
7.Milford
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Offa
11.Sua
12.Gillett
13.Mcguire
14.Niko
15.Haas
16.TPJ
17.Oates

1.Boyd
2.Issako
3.Roberts
4.Staggs
5.Kahu
6.Bird
7.Milford
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Offa
11.Sua
12.Gillett
13.Mcguire
14.Niko
15.Haas
16.TPJ
17.Oates
You can drop Oates and TPJ. They'll be going elsewhere next year.

You can drop Oates and TPJ. They'll be going elsewhere next year.

Bennett is still here next year ...

besides TPJ has claimed his loyalty is to the club. and they won't leave if Bennett retires completely (or doesn't get a gig elsewhere)

Bennett is still here next year ...

besides TPJ has claimed his loyalty is to the club. and they won't leave if Bennett retires completely (or doesn't get a gig elsewhere)
I guess we will see. I'm not seeing any positives regarding the future of the club. They certainly won't sign one year contracts.

I guess we will see. I'm not seeing any positives regarding the future of the club. They certainly won't sign one year contracts.
I agree, I think we are destined to lose every good player, "win" 10 spoons in a row and eventually relocate to Vladivostok.

Last edited:
I agree, I think we are destined to lose every good player, "win" 10 spoons in a row and eventually relocate to Vladivostok.
Totally. Or maybe just go back to what happened last time we replaced Bennett.

Totally. Or maybe just go back to what happened last time we replaced Bennett.
well the reality is we're going to have to dispense with him at some stage and pick a lesser known candidate (comparative to WB's profile/success), it is unavoidable. we tried for the next best in bellamy and he re-signed with the storm, what do you suggest is a realistic scenario? let him coach until he drops dead?

well the reality is we're going to have to dispense with him at some stage and pick a lesser known candidate (comparative to WB's profile/success), it is unavoidable. we tried for the next best in bellamy and he re-signed with the storm, what do you suggest is a realistic scenario? let him coach until he drops dead?
Keep him until there's a better or even close to equal option, obviously.

To me a realistic scenario would have been to not go about it the way we have.

I think if they had treated Wayne with a little more dignity, they would have stayed imo. Its not about Wayne finishing up, its about how we have gone about it, and i think we have stuffed it up.

So you’re after a young, dynamic 37 year old eight time premiership winning coach to replace him?

I'd say he means equal in current terms relatively, not historically. I dont think there are many current coaches on the market who would be any better. The likes of Seibold are still a gamble, which is probably the route we will have to take.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • broncs30
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Brocko
  • Maddy
  • Alec
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • NSW stables
  • jarro65
  • Battler
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.