2019 Broncos Line-up

My average will never conclusively show anything unless we get enough data to make it statistically significant, which will never happen unless we stop making McCullough an automatic selection backed up by the worst depth in the NRL.

We also lost to a lot of terrible teams this year. I'm not saying that having McCullough out is the reason we won those games. I'm saying that having McCullough out was not a detriment, despite us not having NRL-level back-up options, and it is time he re-earned his spot rather than having an insane amount of job security bestowed on him. If he is our best option, what is the downside in making him prove it with legitimate competition?
For the first half of the season he was playing well enough to earn the Queensland jersey. He did not win it by default, he won it by being the best hooker running around at the time. His last half wasn’t great but was severely under appreciated by Broncos fans. He has earned his spot.

I think people either don't realise of choose to ignore Macca has been struggling with both his Elbow and a finger injury that have both required him to be needled up most games.

I do think he has to step it up now though. We need him to be better and I think he is capable of it as well.

I think people either don't realise of choose to ignore Macca has been struggling with both his Elbow and a finger injury that have both required him to be needled up most games.

I do think he has to step it up now though. We need him to be better and I think he is capable of it as well.

Should have sat him out longer to you know, rest and recover.

For the first half of the season he was playing well enough to earn the Queensland jersey. He did not win it by default, he won it by being the best hooker running around at the time. His last half wasn’t great but was severely under appreciated by Broncos fans. He has earned his spot.

I think he did get it by default when Cam Smith pulled the pin tbh. They decided to go with a guy that their locked in HB had played with before.

The problem is Cult, Macca was given the opportunity but didn't do anything to make the position his. Even his defence, the pillar of his game was lacking as it was his miss on Cook that led to the Blues long distance break in Game III. Thank goodness for Valentine Holmes, otherwise we'd be looking at a whitewash.

It was a nice experience for McCullough, but he'd be foolish to think he's a made man. Unfortunately for the Broncos, he was offered a generous four year deal which means his place is secured at least until 2020. Unless he goes completely off the boil, there's no way the Broncos will leave him out of their 17 and the only way he could ever leave is if another club comes around and offers him a deal.

For the Broncos sake, hopefully McCullough has a strong pre-season and uses the experience of last year to make himself a better player. I certainly think he has that in him and to his credit, he's a wonderful club man. His ability to come back from serious injury is remarkable and something that doesn't get enough appreciation.

Last edited:
Here’s to hoping yet again, that 2019, Macca finally hits his straps...

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Kahu
5. Isaako
6. Bird
7. Milford
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. TPJ
11. Sua
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Nikorima
15. Haas
16. Fafita
17. Offa

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Kahu
5. Isaako
6. Bird
7. Milford
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. TPJ
11. Sua
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Nikorima
15. Haas
16. Fafita
17. Offa

I was with you there until I saw you had Kahu at centre. Why did you have to go and spoil it!

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Kahu
5. Isaako
6. Bird
7. Milford
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. TPJ
11. Sua
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Nikorima
15. Haas
16. Fafita
17. Offa

I would have the exact same team except Staggs instead of Kahu.

Glenn to the Titans on a 3 year deal as well according to Dobbo, under the provision they can find some cap relief by getting off the Cartwright & Latu deals.

But, it's Dobbo, so, yeah.

I would have the exact same team except Staggs instead of Kahu.

then you must have changed your side again, because the last side you posted is massively different to the side that Ghibli posted

Kahu and Glenn to Titans would be awesome. Everybody wins!

Glenn to the Titans on a 3 year deal as well according to Dobbo, under the provision they can find some cap relief by getting off the Cartwright & Latu deals.

But, it's Dobbo, so, yeah.

They’ll be paying 90% of Cartwright’s contract, because everyone now knows how much of a pea-heart liability he is.

They’ll be paying 90% of Cartwright’s contract, because everyone now knows how much of a pea-heart liability he is.
Seriously, how did it take so long?!?
I’ve seen curdling milk put up more resistance than him.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Manifesto
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Lozza
  • Cavalo
  • lynx000
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Redux
  • Jazza
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.