2019 Broncos Line-up

Tough, he broke his hand twice this year, first ISC game and stayed on the whole game and his second game back broke it again scoring so he only ended up with nine games in his first ISC year centre one game and wing the rest on the right. Norths debuted a lot of guys this year and he was part of young dynamic team that I think will see success soon.

He was very good in defence for the Devils in a side that can leak points. Of his nine games six he didn’t miss a tackle. He showed he can score with 22 points against the Capras. Two tries stand out 60m against Capras and against Easts off a Murphy kick he was brilliant and broke his hand grabbing the ball that no one else got near.

Yup, I'm excited to see him get a shot. Looks electric and is apparently a good fullback so would like to see him get a run there in ISC.

I like that we have a lot of young and very good goal kickers. Isaako, Staggs, Farnworth, Kahu.

Broncos games are on fox league at the moment...

Last 2 were from 2017.

A few things I have noticed. It wasnt a myth, hunt was a terrible decision maker in pressure situations. We beat canberra by one point thanks to a kahu drop goal only after milford obviously took over the team (took all the kicks and yelling instructions) after hunt derped it up by gifting a 7 tackle set when he had a chance for a drop goal with loads of time. Great player but he is EXACTLY what we didnt need at halfback and is tailor made to not play rep football. He would make a great dummy half though.

The other thing is gillett. Wow, I forgot how important he is defensively for us. Bug hits, stops plays, big moments, always makes the right decision. Sua and fifita did great jobs there for us & may be great in attack but they have a good 5 years till they get to his level defensively, if ever. If gillett comes back well, he will make a huge difference to us!

Last 2 were from 2017.

A few things I have noticed. It wasnt a myth, hunt was a terrible decision maker in pressure situations. We beat canberra by one point thanks to a kahu drop goal only after milford obviously took over the team (took all the kicks and yelling instructions) after hunt derped it up by gifting a 7 tackle set when he had a chance for a drop goal with loads of time. Great player but he is EXACTLY what we didnt need at halfback and is tailor made to not play rep football. He would make a great dummy half though.

The other thing is gillett. Wow, I forgot how important he is defensively for us. Bug hits, stops plays, big moments, always makes the right decision. Sua and fifita did great jobs there for us & may be great in attack but they have a good 5 years till they get to his level defensively, if ever. If gillett comes back well, he will make a huge difference to us!

**** yeah!!! Piss off Moths and Mozzies!!!

Gillet at his best is pretty well peerless, but he has either played in understrength teams, doing 50 plus tackles and expected to lead our forwards in hit ups to boot, or when finally getting to play in a top quality pack, has been let down by the team's spine or played injured.
I hope for his sake he gets at least a couple of years at peak fitness with the pack we have.
I still believe he can go to another level if he does. When he plays in quality origin teams, he seems to have so much more freedom to use his offensive creativity in attack (all-be-it with errors, but they can be ironed out).
The big question will be how he handles contact in the trials. I think watching one heartbreaking return from injury is more than enough for one life-time.​

Gillet at his best is pretty well peerless, but he has either played in understrength teams, doing 50 plus tackles and expected to lead our forwards in hit ups to boot, or when finally getting to play in a top quality pack, has been let down by the team's spine or played injured.
I hope for his sake he gets at least a couple of years at peak fitness with the pack we have.
I still believe he can go to another level if he does. When he plays in quality origin teams, he seems to have so much more freedom to use his offensive creativity in attack (all-be-it with errors, but they can be ironed out).
The big question will be how he handles contact in the trials. I think watching one heartbreaking return from injury is more than enough for one life-time.​

I’ve seen some highlights from his first couple of seasons, and while we were a very different team in a very different competition, it’s interesting to see how much he’s changed. Back then he’d be breaking lines and fending off tacklers, even scoring tries out wide. Yes his defence was shocking at times, but he had the ability to make something out of nothing.

His last few seasons he’s been an absolute rock in defence but his attack has been sorely blunted. Whether that’s from his focus on tackling (particularly defending with Hunt and Niko) the need to play 80, people realising he’s actually good and marking up on him, or our piss-poor use of line running second row plays I’m not sure.

But imagine if he had the same chances that Cooper or Cordner have had. Dude would have 100 tries by now easily

Last 2 were from 2017.

I watched some of the games on fox too and thought the same thing about Gillette. I’ve always been a big fan of his but watching the replays really shows how he’s probably the most destructive defender in the nrl. The young forwards will learn a lot playing along side him.

I’ve seen some highlights from his first couple of seasons, and while we were a very different team in a very different competition, it’s interesting to see how much he’s changed. Back then he’d be breaking lines and fending off tacklers, even scoring tries out wide. Yes his defence was shocking at times, but he had the ability to make something out of nothing.

Yeah, he was the complete opposite of what he became in the last 3 or so seasons. When he started, he was really skillful in attack and one of the worst defenders in the NRL.

I like ... although i would be finding a place for Glenn as he is criminally under-rated around here

Aren't we looking to the future and taking on a fresh approach? If so Glenn out and carrigan, Sua and fafita in .

I think I would like to see this as our full strength team for 2019:

1. Boyd
  2. Oates
  3. Roberts
  4. Staggs
  5. Isaako
  6. Bird
  7. Milford
  8. Lodge
  9. McCullough
  10. Ofahengaue
  11. Sua
  12. Gillett
  13. McGuire
  14. Nikorima
  15. Haas
  16. Pangai Jnr
  17. Fafita
I really like this side. Unfortunately it will never happen.

I actually think nikorima is turning into a decent halfback, and will only get better with gillett protecting him in defence. But he isnt what we need. All the good parts of his halfback game he does can be utilised as an impact bench hooker anyway (darting runs, nice pass selection for hole runners, speed). This team choice finds a spot for bird and staggs but keeps an explosive bench (without wasting a spot on injury cover that bennett likes when sometimes they dont even get a run). I think glenn would sneak in ahead of fifita and mago ahead of haas to start the year. They were both great in their opportunities but we shouldnt ask or expect a 24 round plus finals season out of them yet, but by the end of the season they will be in there because they are better players based on talent and seem to be maturing very quickly. Staggs could probably play a full season being in the backline and having played against men in senior comps a bit more, however, he better work on his defence over the off season.

With the flexibility of our top 17 and with turpin, kahu, mago, sullivan, shibisaki, fai and glenn not in the team we have a little bit of depth when added with the untested at nrl level talent of savelio, carrigan, flegler, farnsworth, riki, boyd, dearden and paix. I still think we may need an scrap heap pick up player for the wing and a middle forward. Another tagatese and mead (lower level/price tag) type signings in case injury strikes, that way theres no rush to depend on these young kids more then is best for their development..

Aren't we looking to the future and taking on a fresh approach? If so Glenn out and carrigan, Sua and fafita in .

who is this fafita you speak of ... pretty sure we don't have anyone by that name in the club ...

also have you even seen Carrigan play or just heard his name from others around here?

His last few seasons he’s been an absolute rock in defence but his attack has been sorely blunted. Whether that’s from his focus on tackling (particularly defending with Hunt and Niko) the need to play 80, people realising he’s actually good and marking up on him, or our piss-poor use of line running second row plays I’m not sure.

But imagine if he had the same chances that Cooper or Cordner have had. Dude would have 100 tries by now easily
He was originally bought as a replacement for Karmichael Hunt.

who is this fafita you speak of ... pretty sure we don't have anyone by that name in the club ...

also have you even seen Carrigan play or just heard his name from others around here?

Oh , I'm sorry surely i can't know anything about him but just his name. Unlike you foordy I know nothing about the players in the team I support , so can u please tell me who he is ? Oh , and maybe how to spell a certain someone's name?

Oh , I'm sorry surely i can't know anything about him but just his name. Unlike you foordy I know nothing about the players in the team I support , so can u please tell me who he is ? Oh , and maybe how to spell a certain someone's name?

I don't know much about Carrigan as i have barely seen him play ... i was genuinely courious as i have seen it so much on here people talk up players because of how the the media or other posters hype them up ...

as for the spelling it is F-I-F-I-T-A

IMG 7594
IMG 7596
The 2015 - 2017 jersey went back to a traditional 1990's Broncos style. The 2017 jersey was a further improvment. Now we are going back to that cheesy look.

It's just a matter of opinion i suppose. I wouldn't buy it.. If we won a premiership in it though I'd probably change my mind as I do like the 2006 white jersey.

I think most Broncos supporters are attached to the 1990's look as it was our glory years.

I miss these jerseys... and the players in them

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.