2019 Broncos Line-up

Does anyone know who the player is on the left in the second picture?

Keenan Palasia

Former NYC player, turned fringe QRL player at the Seagulls.

Big (and seems to keep getting bigger) edge forward.

Last edited:
The Broncos instagram account and Keenan Palasia must be mistaken then.

Carry on.
That is keenan palasia in the first photo bur NYCDB asked about the guy in the second photo...

Both are training, but that's to be expected as they both have contracts. I really dont think Glenn would be going anywhere. He is signed for 2019 and is on decent money. I highly doubt the money anywhere else would be any better. He is also very marketable in Brisbane and would have some good third party deals (seems to have deals with Mazda up there), so i'd be surprised to see him leave.

Kahu, well he has always said he wants to reach 100 nrl games and he is very close to doing so. Unless Rugby Union really is throwing some decent money at him I don't think he would leave his contract early either. He is back at training and seems fit and happy so i'd assume he will be staying. But if one of the two were to leave, kahu would be the most likely i'd imagine.
Maybe a mid season transfer..

I've tried looking into it for the past hour and can basically cross off all the Broncos up and coming players.

This was doing my head in more than the time Jack Reed was photographed in the 2010/11 off-season. Once John Doe's identity is revealed, I'm never going to forget the name.

I've tried looking into it for the past hour and can basically cross off all the Broncos up and coming players.

This was doing my head in more than the time Jack Reed was photographed in the 2010/11 off-season. Once John Doe's identity is revealed, I'm never going to forget the name.
The Broncos have tagged the Children’s Hospital Foundation on the bloke in the photo. I imagine he works for them

The Broncos have tagged the Children’s Hospital Foundation on the bloke in the photo. I imagine he works for them

JD+Head+Explode.gif

Crisis averted.

Joel Gould is the hero we all need.

The funny thing was, I started going through all those 2017 NYC players - Rory Ferguson, Clayton Mack, Thane Kellermeyer and even Ed Burns but when I went through google images all I got was a profile image which wasn't enough to 100% confirm and this picture...

norths37.jpg

Which I'm pretty sure is Mitch Cronin, but it threw me off.

Ed Burns has to follow in Reed's foot-steps and become the left centre for the Broncos, just has to.

What crazy timing that was. I'd seen him in an earlier training photo so I knew it was a player. Thanks guys (and nrl.com).

Nice to see we've got the guy who played Private Reiben at the Broncs.

So who do you guys think is going to be our starting lock? TPJ and Offa look like the obvious contenders. TPJ is an incredible talent but I suspect Wayne will go with the more durable and seasoned Offa. If TPJ plays front row then Wayne can manage his minutes better and hopefully get him to the finals in good shape.
I have also been intrigued with the idea of Bird at lock. I can’t see it happening now after his disastrous year but is it possible we could pick Staggs as our bench utility. If there’s an injury anywhere in the backs Bird could move to cover it and Staggs come on in the centres. If there’s no injury we could bring Staggs on late and move Bird to lock to finish games off and try and create some havoc against tired defences. Just a thought.

So who do you guys think is going to be our starting lock? TPJ and Offa look like the obvious contenders. TPJ is an incredible talent but I suspect Wayne will go with the more durable and seasoned Offa. If TPJ plays front row then Wayne can manage his minutes better and hopefully get him to the finals in good shape.
I have also been intrigued with the idea of Bird at lock. I can’t see it happening now after his disastrous year but is it possible we could pick Staggs as our bench utility. If there’s an injury anywhere in the backs Bird could move to cover it and Staggs come on in the centres. If there’s no injury we could bring Staggs on late and move Bird to lock to finish games off and try and create some havoc against tired defences. Just a thought.

Agree it’s pretty much between Ofa and TPJ. I’d be surprised if Bird doesn’t play centre, and I’d like to see what Joe can do at lock.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.