2020 Origin Discussion

Can probably pencil in the majority of the remaining 22 players with a decent amount of confidence:

Front rowers - Haas, Klemmer, D.Saifiti, Campbell-Gillard, Paulo
Second rowers - J.Trbojevic, Frizell, Murray, Matterson, Yeo, Cordner, A.Crichton
Hookers - Cook, McInnes
Halves - Cleary, Keary, Walker
Outside backs - T.Trbojevic, Wighton, Cotric, Addo-Carr, Ferguson, C.Graham, Mansour, D.Tupou
Fullbacks - Tedesco, Gutherson

That's 27, the number they're naming. Only players I could see maybe pushing in to that list are Wade Graham, Nathan Brown, Dale Finucane, but I'd say they're doubtful.

Graham will be picked. He's one of the darlings of NSWRL. I'd say he'll get in ahead of Cody Walker or Yeo.

Be surprised if Fergo makes it after a pretty lean year by his standards, hard to say he's outperformed Nofo or even come close to his form of years gone by.

Are either of the Morris boys available?

Graham will be picked. He's one of the darlings of NSWRL. I'd say he'll get in ahead of Cody Walker or Yeo.

It's certainly possible.

Be surprised if Fergo makes it after a pretty lean year by his standards, hard to say he's outperformed Nofo or even come close to his form of years gone by.

Incumbent. Played a pivitol role in their series winning try in game 3 last year, he'll be in the squad at the very least.

Nofoaluma didn't make the 27, he would have been named today if he did.

Are either of the Morris boys available?

I think they're both 'unofficially retired' from rep footy, but who knows. Guess we'll find out.

how did David Nofoaluma miss out on the NSW train-on squad. he's been one of the best wingers all year

Last edited:

Unless Wade is carrying an injury, he'll be one of the first picked.

Has a bit of Fittler about him, just an out and out footy player who also came up through the Panthers system.

I was too late to bring his name up, but it's not surprising to see Liam Martin's name brought up. One of the hardest runners in the game, probably just on the outside but if he has a big finals series and if there's a few injuries not be surprised if he's named off the bench and plays a Steve Simpson type role.

Unless Wade is carrying an injury, he'll be one of the first picked.

Has a bit of Fittler about him, just an out and out footy player who also came up through the Panthers system.

I was too late to bring his name up, but it's not surprising to see Liam Martin's name brought up. One of the hardest runners in the game, probably just on the outside but if he has a big finals series and if there's a few injuries not be surprised if he's named off the bench and plays a Steve Simpson type role.
Could definitely ride a finals wave into a spot but personally I think he's probably just behind his team mate in Yeo in terms of breaking into the side.

Martin is a gun, should be first second-rower picked for NSW. I wish he was a Qlder.

Could definitely ride a finals wave into a spot but personally I think he's probably just behind his team mate in Yeo in terms of breaking into the side.

One thing Freddy has shown is that he isn't afraid to upset the apple cart. He's had a few left-field selections as coach including Matt Prior and Daniel Saifiti - Martin would certainly fit that category.

One thing Freddy has shown is that he isn't afraid to upset the apple cart. He's had a few left-field selections as coach including Matt Prior and Daniel Saifiti - Martin would certainly fit that category.
He's not a bad call at all I agree. I just think Yeo is not only a better player, he also has the runs on the board over a couple of seasons now and would have every right to feel hard done by if he was beaten to a debut by Martin.

channel nine believe that Carrigan and Ofahengaue are the only Broncos likely to be named in the Maroons train on squad

also saying that Mal could be the caretaker coach for QLD if Kevvie has to step down for this years series

Last edited:
Maybe playing Origin could possibly reinvigorate Ofahengaue? God knows he needs a jump start, maybe he can still turn it around and become a gun like he was meant to.

Nahhh....more chance of winning lotto.

Maybe playing Origin could possibly reinvigorate Ofahengaue? God knows he needs a jump start, maybe he can still turn it around and become a gun like he was meant to.

Happy for him to find himself at St George.

Happy for him to find himself at St George.
If he keeps playing like shit, sure. I'd definitely prefer to see him turn it around, especially with him being a Broncos junior.

Brent Read believes it's a two horse race to replace Walters.

Bennett & Meninga.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • bazza
  • Scorchie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.