2021 Trial #2 - Broncos vs Cowboys [LIVE STREAM]

This is the reality for the Broncos. There is no team list change that is going to fix this in the short term. Seibs went through every reserve he could and the talent pool has been exhausted. It's going to take at least a year for them to sort themselves out and even then it's going to be a real test of Kevie and his ability to be an NRL coach.
Well said, I'm making this my sig.

We looked good in spells imo. Have to get the balance right in our forwards though. We have plenty of talent there. The backs we don't really have many options.
Yeah I understand it’s a trial but you can’t just take off all your middle forwards at once and chuck out new ones... in saying that I thought Asiata was quite impressive

Simple reason. Too many players whose parents have never had a job, let alone not been incarcerated. Tattoos, hairstyles, shaved legs count for shit on the paddock. Same with junior league scrapbooks. Our scouts are a joke . A dead dog can spot a talented junior, its no secret. A good talent scout can identify the bloke that has the work ethic to complement his talent. Successful clubs have successful scouts. We have potatoes that spend 30 seconds watching Youtube highlights packages before signing a kid. Vale Cyril Connell.

I don't know if we do have one or not, i'm sure someone more well informed of the club structure will know, but we desperately need someone to come in and work on our wrestle.

Our shape and linespeed is fucking tragic, but you will instantly see an improvement on this with better wrestle, which gives the retreating line more time.

Then, you work further on line speed and shape in defence.

We have to be the worst team I have ever seen for letting teams roll through us for fun.

Just so frustrating to watch.

Actually maybe it was more like The Last Jedi, looked like it was really going somewhere and then the third act destroyed everything 30 years had built.

Now we wait for the rise of bronco. Where someone with an evil history turns around and calls himself a bronco.

C.smith

Exactly like the Gold Coast Titans trial I described earlier. They built up a nice lead against a struggling team but when the other team got their act together they had no response.

I don't think the Broncos were that impressive in the first half. Their defence looked as loose as anything and if it wasn't for some individual efforts as well as the quality of the opposition it would have been one way traffic through out. Once the Cowboys got their act together and got the combinations working, they had it all over the Broncos.

This is the reality for the Broncos. There is no team list change that is going to fix this in the short term. Seibs went through every reserve he could and the talent pool has been exhausted. It's going to take at least a year for them to sort themselves out and even then it's going to be a real test of Kevie and his ability to be an NRL coach.
In regards to that last bit I think their is about 13 players in our side that are their and good enough for us to win a comp and be successful the difference between us and every other struggling team is that we are underplaying and don’t have the 4 players who clutch up and put in outstanding performances week in week out every other struggling team is straight shit... we are almost their we just need to splash the cash

Now we wait for the rise of bronco. Where someone with an evil history turns around and calls himself a bronco.

C.smith

Hmmm...we might remember that movie very differently, it somehow turned out even worse than the one before it. So are you saying...2021 will be worse than last year?

Biggest issues which are killing us:
1. Lodge and Carrigan starting at front row. They are dreadful. I honestly haven’t seen anything from Carrigan that makes me think he is good and lodge is getting worse and worse by the day
2. Isaako at FB. If he is the fullback this season it’s going to be bad.
3. None of our forwards run into the ball. Everytime and I mean everytime they get the ball standing still and just walk backwards into the defensive line or get dominated.
4. When we do get some type of momentum like a half break or similar we just give it to a plodder like lodge the next tackle and we kill the momentum. Roosters and Storm are the best at it. Half breaks they almost always spread the ball and score from the next tackle or make another half break. They don’t pass it to the idiot wearing 8 or 10.
5. Our inability to defend the next set of six after the opponent had scored a try. Honestly I don’t know the number of times we conceded points last season then from the kick off we gave away a penalty or six again and they score. We conceded multiple tries without touching the ball almost every game last year. It was a carbon copy of that tonight unfortunately.
6. Our left side centre and winger OMG 🤢

In regards to that last bit I think their is about 13 players in our side that are their and good enough for us to win a comp and be successful the difference between us and every other struggling team is that we are underplaying and don’t have the 4 players who clutch up and put in outstanding performances week in week out every other struggling team is straight shit... we are almost their we just need to splash the cash

But we need to splash the cash in the right areas.

Simple reason. Too many players whose parents have never had a job, let alone not been incarcerated. Tattoos, hairstyles, shaved legs count for shit on the paddock. Same with junior league scrapbooks. Our scouts are a joke . A dead dog can spot a talented junior, its no secret. A good talent scout can identify the bloke that has the work ethic to complement his talent. Successful clubs have successful scouts. We have potatoes that spend 30 seconds watching Youtube highlights packages before signing a kid. Vale Cyril Connell.

Sam Walker looked th goods tonight.

As soon as Lodge was ruled to have lost that ball, the heads dropped and the pathetic muscle memory from 2020 kicked in.

Honestly at times I don’t blame them.

There’s only so much fighting you can do and when absolute howlers happen only one way, you think why should I bother when it’s 15 v 13.

It might be a poor attitude, but **** it

Felt the same watching the girls AFL today. Blatant incompetence and/or bias should not be accepted or given a pass by people saying ‘it’s not the refs fault we lost’ which unless there’s an incorrect decision on a literal last minute winning or losing play, is true, but that doesn’t also mean they cannot completely alter the course of a game by certain decisions, and that has only be amplified by the 6 again rule (although that wasn’t a factor tonight).

Refs deserve to be held accountable and be able to be criticised when they do a shit job.

It can kill games.

Yes it’s a trial, but it is an ominous sign if the refs are still this bad.

And that goes the same for the team, they didn’t deserve to win of course, particularly with the pedestrian grubber tries conceded.

Anyway, yay footy is back ....

Hmmm...we might remember that movie very differently, it somehow turned out even worse than the one before it. So are you saying...2021 will be worse than last year?

I may have put a positive twist to it. I’ve just forgotten what it’s like to win

Didn't watch the game as I out but I read through the first half comments and then skipped to the end assuming the Broncos won. It didn't make sense lol, like skipping half of the movie after the plot twist.

I totally forgot about him. Like the trial last year, his side looked good, he went off and that was that for his side.

Might’ve gotten hurt tripping over Turpin trying to chase down Drinkwater

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Battler
  • Morkel
  • Strop
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Griffo
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • MrMoore
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.