2021 Trial #1 - Broncos vs Wynnum Manly [LIVE STREAM]

I don’t want to read through 14 pages, was the game any good?

From the few comments I read:
Walsh good
Niu underwhelming
Lodge TPJ whelming

wasn't a bad game of footy.

you've pretty much nailed the summary ... but i'll re-iterate @Huge's comments there seemed to be more bodies in motion and less one out running than we're used to

Last edited:
was the game any good?
Yep was good to watch. There's plenty of talent in our reserves and the footy was decent for a trial in the wet. TPJ and Lodge looked solid and will be better for it. Bellemor very good, Issiah Tass very solid too, strong runner. Everyone looked like they were having a crack which was good to see.

Same here...the **** is the final score?

Worthy Spooner's...don't wanna Google just yet 🤦🏽‍♀️
I don’t want to read through 14 pages, was the game any good?

From the few comments I read:
Walsh good
Niu underwhelming
Lodge TPJ whelming

Last edited:
Don't understand what a thumbs down sign means?!
Score please?!

Broncos ?? vs Wynnum Manly ??​

Last edited:
wasn't a bad game of footy.

you've pretty ,uch nailed the summary ... but i'll re-iterate @Huge's comments there seemed to be more bodies in motion and less one out running than we're used to
Also an emphasis for blind side plays... I think it's an aspect that has been missing and is such an important component of a team's attack.

If the dummy half can get out and beat the markers you generally create an instant overlap on the blind side... Walsh executed one in the first half, and I think Tass's try was off a blind side play as well??

It's not so much that we will become dependent on blind side plays, but more that players may be more aware of the defensive line and looking to attack the blind side when there's an overlap (i.e. greater awareness of the playmakers).

Last edited:
Are you alright? Calling people that want to be positive about their footy team "dishonest fuckwits" is weird mate.
But calling people weak as piss for thinking that team should have beaten a bunch of part timers is fine. I see, it only matters depending on who they’re referring to.

So.. I wasn't able to watch any of this stream, and I haven't checked the previous 14 pages - Anyone wanna hit me with a quick tl;dr on the performance? Any stand-outs? Anyone look horrible?

So.. I wasn't able to watch any of this stream, and I haven't checked the previous 14 pages - Anyone wanna hit me with a quick tl;dr on the performance? Any stand-outs? Anyone look horrible?

Standout: Walsh ... by a country mile (in fact i wouldn't bother @Sproj right now ... he's busy 😛 )
disappointment: Nui

Bullemor was pretty good. TPJ and Lodge looked better in their second stints starting to blow out some cobwebs.

Tass was good IMO also

Last edited:

Walsh and Bullemor really good
Tass impressive
Gamble, Hetherington promising
Flegler has a doppelgänger
Lodge, TPJ and Kennar solid
Copley made us shed a tear being back in a Broncos jersey
No.14 looked good
Niu not very impressive but got better as it went on
Everyone else was meh
And Cobbo looks like a hybrid of Gagai and Latrell but very very raw

But calling people weak as piss for thinking that team should have beaten a bunch of part timers is fine. I see, it only matters depending on who they’re referring to.
No, that is a weird comment as well.

Well I liked what I saw. My guess the instructions from KW were pretty well followed. This is solely based on what I believe KW wants from the team.

Bodies in motion on every set. Options and I think it's a 'whole of squad' belief. It looks like everyone is buying in. A lot of these guys aren't certain they'll even get time on the field this year. If this is how the wannabe's feel I like the chances our full squad will play this way.

Good stuff tonight.
I agree there was improvement in some attack but not defence. Soft tries and marker and middle defence was ordinary.

Last edited:
I agree there was improvement in some attack but not defence. Soft tries and marker and middle defence was ordinary.
Not disagreeing but I think that aspect or rather that aspects quality in this game isn't as important as you feel it is.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncorob
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.