FOOTBALL 2022 FIFA World Cup

Goal is taken off him, he's offside.

Not so nice run.

Seemed to be a lot of confusion as the ref seemed to indicate the goal was allowed. Brazil fans thought he said it was all good and I think the Swiss players did as well. Even the commentators got confused.

I wonder how much longer Yakin is going to wait to bring on Shaqiri. He set up Switzerland's only goal against Cameroon and Switzerland could really use someone like him at the moment.

Brazil finally break the deadlock.. This time it's not going to be taken off them.

Casemiro with a nice strike. The deflection made it impossible for the goalkeeper to stop it.

Need a goal? Just give it to a Manchester United player. They'll get the job done.

And Brazil are through to the Round of 16.

Switzerland only need to avoid defeat against Serbia to make it through. They seemed to be playing for the draw in this game.

Should this goal have been given the green light by the VAR? I believe it was one of the things the Korean coach Bento was blowing up at the ref about at full time.

This was the first goal, and with Ghana winning 3-2, there's a bit of uproar about it being allowed.

Should this goal have been given the green light by the VAR? I believe it was one of the things the Korean coach Bento was blowing up at the ref about at full time.

This was the first goal, and with Ghana winning 3-2, there's a bit of uproar about it being allowed.

Shouldn't have stood. My understanding is any contact with the hand, even incidental, automatically rules the goal out.

There are claims that Australia's goal against Tunisia should have been taken off them because Skhiri was tripped up by the ref in the lead up.

When McGree gets the ball, you can see the refs feet change position and Skhiri ends up tripping over and McGree gets more space as a result of it. Skhiri then gets up and tries to get back but doesn't before Duke scores, which I don't think he would have made it back in time anyway.

The rules say that if a ball contacts the ref they can halt play, but there's no mention of player contact.

So a lot of fans are pissed off over this claiming that Tunisia were dudded.. But after watching it, I don't think Skhiri makes a difference even if stays on his feet. McGree still passes to Goodwin either way IMO and Goodwin still finds space down the wing.

If it was brought in every player would run into the ref... I thought thats what he was doing watching it live

Should be chalked off. The handball cushions it into the path of a Ghana player. Not sure how that's given tbh.

Rashford had a goal taken off him a few weeks back because of an incidental handball.

I believe the rule explained at the time is that any handball by an attacking player that leads to a goal is brought back, regardless of whether it was incidental or not.

However this is not the case in defence in regards to penalties. Defenders are given more leeway for incidental handballs.

Based on that it should've been a no goal

Yeah, that's a handball for sure. Very bad decision when they are giving shoulders offside.

France have stumbled upon what looks to be a winning formula.

I am hesitant to give Deschamps credit but the way they look with Giroud up top, Griezmann at CAM and Hernandez LB is scary.

Benzema's injury is almost a blessing in terms of how Giroud enables Mbappe. They are the team to beat right now in my opinion.

Mbappe will get all plaudits if France go all the way this World Cup but if you're looking for a sneaky value bet for Golden Ball it has to be Griezmann.

He's very quietly tearing teams to shreds, will come into his own towards the back end of the tournament..

Rashford had a goal taken off him a few weeks back because of an incidental handball.

I believe the rule explained at the time is that any handball by an attacking player that leads to a goal is brought back, regardless of whether it was incidental or not.

However this is not the case in defence in regards to penalties. Defenders are given more leeway for incidental handballs.

Based on that it should've been a no goal
I think they make the rule up as they go. Handball has always been seen as was is it deliberate or not. In this case it obviously wasn't deliberate which is why the goal stood and in my opinion should have stood.

I think they make the rule up as they go. Handball has always been seen as was is it deliberate or not. In this case it obviously wasn't deliberate which is why the goal stood and in my opinion should have stood.
Be interesting if FIFA put out an explanation for that goal standing.

BroncsFan is right, they've definitely made the law very clear recently that deliberate or not is irrelevant in the build up to a goal. Should have been disallowed.

For mine the goal is made possible by the handball causing the change of direction of the ball and should have been taken off them.

If the handball doesn't occur, the ball goes straight to the GK.

Netherlands vs Qatar first up tonight.

For mine, it's a must win game for Netherlands. All they have to do is avoid defeat to secure their spot, they still can make it through if they lose but only if the result in the Ecuador vs Senegal match goes their way. However, they need to avoid finishing 2nd in the group and going up against England in the Round of 16.

I'm expecting a big game from De Jong. He got MOTM in their match against Ecuador, but I thought he was a bit disappointing in the second half and was really quiet. He needs to step up his game because Netherlands struggle with their attack when he's off.

Ecuador vs Senegal being played at the same time.

VAR is a blight on the game. Hope they get rid of it. Its taken all the emotion out of the game. Fans dont celebrate goals anymore because of this stupid system.

I have to say, SBS's coverage of this WC has been average at best.

It's not so much the content, the content has been fine, though they could have done better. It's the quality of that content. In this day and age of 8k, 4k etc, to give us a stream that's only 720p is abysmal.

Meanwhile overseas streaming services are offering Ultra HD and are providing a very good quality picture. They're also providing more content.

Why it's not on Kayo baffles me.

Unread

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.