2022 MRC and Judiciary Changes

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The judiciary and MRC pool has been expanded to include former coaches and referees in the mix. The judiciary chairman (currently Geoff Bellow) will have the power to cast the deciding vote and a summary will be provided that explains their decision.

Luke Patten has been appointed MRC Manager.

The carry-over points system has been retired and the process for repeat offenders has been simplified. Now players will be graded on number of offences and the seriousness of the incident.

A lot of the gradings have been revised or made into their own category. Notably a Shoulder Charge has gone from a Base 200 Points (2 Week Suspension) to a fine. Striking has gone in a similar direction as well. Crushers are also in their own category with Grade 1 being a fine even for a 2nd offense.

You can see all the details for yourselves here: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/10...ents-to-judiciary-and-match-review-committee/

On one hand, they're worried about player welfare but on the other they want to impose lighter sanctions on offenders and keep them involved in the game?

This is a remarkable change to announce only hours out from the competition and the lighter penalties, especially on the shoulder charge is ridiculous.

The only change I like is the judiciary having to justify their decision because I can't wait to see what nonsense they come up with.

Wait, they outlawed the shoulder charge because it can kill. So they can now do it and it’s only worth a penalty and some coin.

So bush league

I think players have shown money matters most over the last few years so hitting them in the pockets is exactly what's needed. Can't be bothered reading but are they set payments or done by percentage of what's earned?

I think players have shown money matters most over the last few years so hitting them in the pockets is exactly what's needed. Can't be bothered reading but are they set payments or done by percentage of what's earned?
Set payments, the maximum they can charge is $3000.

Wait, they outlawed the shoulder charge because it can kill. So they can now do it and it’s only worth a penalty and some coin.

So bush league
The family of James Akerman must be pleased to see this, maybe Vlandys can explain to them why the tackle that killed there son will now receive a fine only.

While I find these changes ridiculous what will be truly outrageous will be when the media praise Vlandys for them proving exactly how in his pocket they are.

What’s this mean gif Rapana?

edit: actually, what’s this mean for all players going into the season suspended under the old system?Flegs get to pay a fine and play round 1 now?

On one hand, they're worried about player welfare but on the other they want to impose lighter sanctions on offenders and keep them involved in the game?

This is a remarkable change to announce only hours out from the competition and the lighter penalties, especially on the shoulder charge is ridiculous.

The only change I like is the judiciary having to justify their decision because I can't wait to see what nonsense they come up with.
Pretty funny considering the Rapana situation a few weeks ago...

The 32-year-old Rapana, who was cited for two seperate incidents on the night, was charged with a Grade 1 Shoulder Charge on Titans forward David Fifita in the 13th minute as Fifita set up Jesse Ramien for the first try of the night. The 200-point base penalty charge for Rapana is increased to 210 points with an early guilty plea following two non-similar offences in the last two years.

So if he committed the same offence in week 1, it's only a fine.

Well that's one way to bring back the shoulder charge

Now that tpj is meant to be someone else’s problem….. hope haas lays a few people out with them.

We got killed with suspensions last season and seem to cop it a bit at the judiciary so less suspensions are mostly a good thing

What’s this mean gif Rapana?

edit: actually, what’s this mean for all players going into the season suspended under the old system?Flegs get to pay a fine and play round 1 now?
All existing suspensions have to be served as they are.

Absolutely nothing to do with players like Radley and Mitchell being grubby shitbags, showing zero remorse or willingness to clean up their act, and while also being media darlings.

How many years is it to be counted as second or third?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • kman
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BRC088
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • Ondi
  • thenry
  • Tmac
  • BroncosAlways
  • HarryAllan7
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.