POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 2] NSW vs QLD

I'd be looking into Fermor at centre, I think Oates/Holmes is our best wing combination, it's about finding the best option for centre.
The issue is that Val is another guy who has predominately played left as well. I don't mind the old Chris McKenna play but I don't think Fermor has the experience in that position to be effective at this level. He could be a better option on the bench for Nanai though. If Queensland does go down the route of picking Val on the wing, I'd imagine it'd be Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow who comes in.

Very harsh critics in here of a kid playing his 2nd game for QLD at the age of 20, he’s barely even had a full season in the NRL

Got found out defensively when the team was a man down, I still think he was trying to make the right play, just a touch late on getting to the man. He dropped the ball, that happens to everyone. He didn’t ground the ball on a 50/50 (that’s being generous too, he never would have expected his opposite number to have an air swing)

In Game 1, he set up a try that not many kids on debut would be able to do. Gagai didn’t do him many favors either, the first half where Selwyn goes for the dive to the corner, Gagai did nothing to attract a defender, just threw it to Cobbo and basically said “show us some magic”

I hope he retains his spot, he won’t be the last kid playing his 2nd game of Origin to come up with a few errors

Team I would go for game 3:

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Gagai
4. Brimson
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Carrigan
9. Hunt
10. Tino
11. Capewell
12. Kaufusi
13. Cotter
14. Grant
15. Papalii
16. Horsbough
17. Gilbert

Brimson would be basically chucking the kitchen sink but QLD lacks centres he will add some strike that we would lose by moving Holmes from there.
Papalii will make way more impact off the bench then those tiny stints he is doing having Tino and Carrigan take the sting would be better, Horsbourgh will add some aggression to the pack that it lacks and for sure will start a few biffs which should get the home crowd fired and add pressure, and Gilbert has been on fire for the Cowboys I think he would make sense to replace Nanai.

If Cotter can't make it replace him with Arrow.

18th man can be whoever.

I'm not against Keeping Cobbo though and putting holmes in centre with brimson out, I think our biggest issue was our forwards where destroyed in game 2.

Man people here are wigging out and want to put in some Fittler-esque wholesale changes

This game was weird. First half was epic and very even. Second half it went totally pear shaped and NSW were really really good.

I wouldn't be making too many changes, if any, to be honest. Bench rotation could be a lot better.

Pretty much everyone had a shit game, it happens.

I'd give Taulagi the flick. Holmes back to the wing and The Hammer at centre. Keep the rest, they'll use the defeat as motivation for the next one.

Might be worth bringing Brenko back in. Did the job in 2020. I have more faith in him than Hammer. Neither of them are any good defensively, but Brenko at least showed he could hold his own.

Allows us to switch Holmes to wing, where he's a bigger threat.

Brimmo would get destroyed in the centres.

Am I really reading about who should be dropped?

They won the first game on the back of Cotter and Carrigan having huge games. That didn't happen tonight, and they were blown off the park in the 2nd half.

Game 3 will be won with consistent, bruising defence. If they can't win a decider at home then changes will be made next year. Until then the same team deserves a chance to win the series.

Thought we missed Cotter's ferocity. He inspires the forwards.

Did we even manage a 6 again last night?
Shit was fucking gross.

First half the blues were playing like they were shit scared of trying anything too risky as they knew it could lose them the game and the series. Because of this Qld were able to play at a high risk intensity pace and were making the blues look like they were starting to implode.

Up steps Klien with his 5 in a row 6 agains which took a shitload of petrol from our tanks. Then he blows a penalty for Val retreating when they kick on the fifth and then he blows another 6 again and a sinbin. I think this period more than the 8 minutes after half time is what killed the game and any chance we had of winning. The damage was well and truly done before half-time as the blues got their try and we were totally run off our feet.

The second half compounded our fatigue as we had to go a full 8 minutes of origin with 12 players. Of course our guys dropped the ball, of course our guys missed tackles, of course they were overran by their opposite number, but by then the blues were playing in dinner suits with a full tank of gas.

At halftime even Gould said the series of 6 agains left him baffled as he did not know what half of them were for. And then to sin bin a player without any prior warning for incessant infringements (manufactured by the ref) had left him totally bewildered. The Fat then added "we're supposed to be the experts in this game and we have no clue what those 6 agains were for".

What was shaping up to be an absolute cracker of a game was completely destroyed by Klien's brain fart 5 minutes before half-time.

We all want to see a hard fought game where the best team wins. We were robbed of that last night because of inexpiable reffing and it fuckin sucks.

the penalty on holmes i get he was literally looking back and moving back to make sure he got in the chasers road but **** me all the 6 agains

I thought the last 20 Cobbo recovered and came up with a few really good reads and big hits in defence. Didn't make up for his earlier shockers but I thought it showed maturity and he is worth persisting with in game 3.

here is what Fox Sports said about Klein's performance (and after Fittler had a "chat" with him

This time referee Ashley Klein took the feedback on board and officiated the game significantly differently on Sunday night in Perth.

it is so unprofessional for a ref to take feedback from a coach on board and change the way he officiates a game .... but then again this is the worst ref in the most amateurishly run sports competition in the world of professional sport

here is what Fox Sports said about Klein's performance (and after Fittler had a "chat" with him

it is so unprofessional for a ref to take feedback from a coach on board and change the way he officiates a game .... but then again this is the worst ref in the most amateurishly run sports competition in the world of professional sport

Especially a coach of the losing side

Unread

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bert_lifts
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • Porthoz
  • davidp
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Dash
  • maddo
  • TimWhatley
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.