2023 State of Origin Discussion

How Walsh handles the kick returns tonight is top of my list. Storm/Munster kicked for him to come forward and not high so they can attack him, and it worked he dropped a few.

Walsh on the left with Fifita is key to tries I think for Queensland.
I actually think it will be the other edge where QLD have their joy. Frizell can do a job and Cleary can make his tackles, Crichton a very good defender too. Theyll have done all their prep around stopping Fifita.

The edge with Hudson, Luai and Turbo is far more suspicious in my opinion. I am on Hammer ATS.

Meanwhile NSW will be sending all traffic towards Murray and Val.

Maybe, but i'm usually always hyped for it.
I think it’s because we’re gonna get pumped. I just can’t see nsw being anything but epic. I’m not too psyched about the game like I usually am.

I’m also SO OVER origin derailing the broncos season year after year.

I'm oddly not fussed about Origin this year and i cant work out why.

Fire up **** !!!

Fuck Yeah Yes GIF by CrossFit LLC.

From FOX:

"BRAITH ANASTA
WHO WINS & WHY? New South Wales. The Blues will bounce back from last year’s disappointment more determined and more desperate. They’ve got players in form in key positions. That will be enough."

My emphasis, emphasising exactly why the Blues don't 'get' Origin. Legend teams win over a team of legends. Every. Day. Of. The. Week. Key players in form is important, yes, but too many in form players who don't play as a team is not a recipe for a win.

NSW are very clearly going out there to be aggressive. From their team selection to the talk during the week and especially today, Brandy even came out and admitted it. Either they bash us off the park or they lose the plot and end up players short. QLD in a tight one or NSW by a bit.

Will not be surprised at all if Flegs, Gilbert, Young and Pangai don't all get sent off at one stage or another lol. Poor Walshie is gonna get fucking smashed, fingers crossed no injuries come out of it but there will absolutely be line crossing tonight and they better fucking get pinged for it. I hope Billy has the lads prepared for the onslaught they're about to cop.

Anyone want some free comedy, go watch fox's pre match show. For some reason they've got 3 qlders to just Ennis. And it's interesting to say the least

I'm most worried about our back 3... Walsh and Cobbo have struggled under the high ball in recent weeks and they're up against the best kicker in the comp by a mile.

The blues will be miles offside and just looking to belt him and knock him out being an undersized fullback... and the non-existent penalties of origin... and Klown being the ref.

I don't think he's had enough time in first grade to figure out his approach to defusing kicks... Billy took awhile as well, but eventually learnt that his best bet was to get off the ground and brace with his leg.

If they touched him in the air it's a penalty, and if they wait for you to get to ground, you just drop like a sack of shit.

Walsh has started trying to do that, but it's not yet second nature to him.

I think it’s because we’re gonna get pumped. I just can’t see nsw being anything but epic. I’m not too psyched about the game like I usually am.

I’m also SO OVER origin derailing the broncos season year after year.

Its not that with me. I've seen us not fancied to win and NSW tipped to destroy us many, many times. Dunno what it is. I'm a bit over footy in general this year.

Origin has always meant so much to me.

It was Game 1 last year, and been anxious for most of the day leading up to the game. By half time, I was having a bit of trouble breathing, and a bit of pain in my chest. Thought I was just having a bit of a panic attack.

But no .. hour and a half after the game finished .. I was in Emergency being resuscitated. lol.

Turned out I had both lungs collapsed, kidneys and liver shutting down, all caused by covid.

Spent 9 days in ICU on a ventilator. Also had broken ribs >.<

Tonight .. having breathing issues again .. but yea .. all good. Def just a panic attack this time lol.

Stressed Season 1 GIF by Friends

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.