2023 State of Origin Discussion

Screenshot 2023 06 01 123057

Give yourselves an uppercut you absolute useless twats

I believe Ennis and Parker both slammed it.

"Origin opener falls flat"

Apparently they weren't there, because nobody who was there could say it wasn't a success

I would like to see stats on how many non-NSW and non-QLD fans were actually at the game. Expansion and growth does not mean moving what we already have to a different area and I think the NRL forget that. If there were very few Adelaide or South Australian residents at the game then it's an absolute failure for me.

I would like to see stats on how many non-NSW and non-QLD fans were actually at the game. Expansion and growth does not mean moving what we already have to a different area and I think the NRL forget that. If there were very few Adelaide or South Australian residents at the game then it's an absolute failure for me.
They said 13k people came from interstate, so the majority were locals.

View attachment 22428

Give yourselves an uppercut you absolute useless twats

I believe Ennis and Parker both slammed it.

"Origin opener falls flat"

Apparently they weren't there, because nobody who was there could say it wasn't a success
Adelaide TV ratings were up 40% on the last game held their too (game 1, 2020). Highest overall ratings since game 1, 2018. Great game. It was clearly a success. The game is absolutely flying atm.

Well the next game will be interesting, QLD have to pick two new edges due to injuries and NSW more then likely need to find a new 7 and probably 6 as well since Luai needs Cleary to work.

Well the next game will be interesting, QLD have to pick two new edges due to injuries and NSW more then likely need to find a new 7 and probably 6 as well since Luai needs Cleary to work.
Fifita is still one of the starting edges... and Kaufusi was probably a good chance of being the starting right edge anyway, so I'm not sure it changes things too much for Qld.

If something happens to either of them then Capewell and Nanai are next inline I'd say... and Luki a chance after that, but it starts to get dicey.

I think Gilbert would've been in the team regardless so it's more like needing to find a new bench middle/edge.

Horse could come in... or they could go Welch and go with Cotter as being the edge cover.

I think Qld is in a better position compared to NSW... considering NSW have basically gone all in on the panthers system and now the focal point of that could be missing

Fifita is still one of the starting edges... and Kaufusi was probably a good chance of being the starting right edge anyway, so I'm not sure it changes things too much for Qld.

If something happens to either of them then Capewell and Nanai are next inline I'd say... and Luki a chance after that, but it starts to get dicey.

I think Gilbert would've been in the team regardless so it's more like needing to find a new bench middle/edge.

Horse could come in... or they could go Welch and go with Cotter as being the edge cover.

I think Qld is in a better position compared to NSW... considering NSW have basically gone all in on the panthers system and now the focal point of that could be missing
Gilbert needs to be replaced and Arrow was the edge bench so I would say both will be covered by edge options or one of those two being a edge/lock.

I think Arrow for Horse is probably likely as he tends to do that edge/lock role for Canberra

Kaufusi will likely be the starter for Gilbert, or If Nanai finds some form off a good game today might make his way back in.

NSW position is significantly worse to be in, a must win game and have to pick a new 7, they will need to get a new 6 imo for that which will be hard when his other selector is brandy lmao.

I can't see how Luai gets dropped off the back of 2 try assists. I get everybody hates the **** and I just as whole heartedly believe he is useless without a great half alongside him but I don't see how with Murray and Cleary already out you would just voluntarily change your 6 when all other options have shit the bed in the past.

Freddy is fucked and will get the sack but hopefully he doesn't drag our general into that fucked situation to be abused by idiotic nsw fans and probably come out of it twice as broken as he already is.

I can't see how Luai gets dropped off the back of 2 try assists. I get everybody hates the **** and I just as whole heartedly believe he is useless without a great half alongside him but I don't see how with Murray and Cleary already out you would just voluntarily change your 6 when all other options have shit the bed in the past.

Freddy is fucked and will get the sack but hopefully he doesn't drag our general into that fucked situation to be abused by idiotic nsw fans and probably come out of it twice as broken as he already is.
His try assists were passing the ball as soon as he caught it to avoid contact. The bloke is a pussy

**** I hope they stick with a Cleary'less Luai... he may as well be Nathan's handbag

Keep in mind there will be Mitchell back as well, to me Walker coming in for him who is the form 6 in the comp at the moment and Reyno who has played several seasons with him would be an easy combo to work with, with Murray out though making a Souths spine is made a bit harder, I doubt they will remove Tedesco but having Mitchell next to Walker as a centre isn't that off.

Wouldn't want to be those ***** to make the decision, I did think Hynes and Reyno would work before but I don't see them adding Reyno if Walker isn't 6.

I think what will really happen will be just Hynes 7 Luai 6 and they get pumped in game 2, Brandy will winge otherwise.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Mustafur
  • Spoon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.