2023 State of Origin Discussion

I hope they pick Chriton again, the way he shoots out of the line will be exploited even more next game.

What's helping Freddie and his normal method of butchering selections, is there is no clear best choice. I think you can go with any combo from Reynolds, Hynes, Walker and Moses, and you could justify it.

I cant believe how dumb NSW are. They first go for the Penrith combinations, now they are talking about Fatrell, Cook, Arey and Walker, possibly Graham and Kolomatangi as well to bring in Souths combinations.

They just dont get Origin.
I mean, those players will all be direct improvements over who they’re replacing imo. Qld will still win at Suncorp ofc

I don't think they will pick Reynolds, I'm not sure his body would be up to handling Origin anymore.

Walker on form should be at 6 over Luai, and then you go with either Hynes or Moses at 7.

I think we’ve pressured them into picking Luai at least for this game. The pick and stick comments are definitely getting to them
Could you imagine if they went Hynes and Luai... Qld would be licking their lips.

I think they almost have to go with Hynes... if they're not going to pick the Dally M medalist who they just picked as the guy on the bench... then when is he ever going to get picked.

I think they could go Walker with him, as they were saying it was a toss up between him and Luai anyway... but mass changes in a do or die game at Suncorp sounds risky.

It's definitely something Freddy would do though... didnt he make mass changes for Game 2 last year?

I don't think they will pick Reynolds, I'm not sure his body would be up to handling Origin anymore.

Walker on form should be at 6 over Luai, and then you go with either Hynes or Moses at 7.
It would seem odd to go Reynolds given they blooded Moses a couple years back when Cleary was out... and now Hynes has emerged on the scene.

If Freddy goes Reynolds purely for the Souths combo, then he should be sacked immediately.

He's basically been picking the Panthers system for the last few years, because he cant coach his own system... so if he goes Reynolds then he's just jumping over to the Souths system... it's weak coaching

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I thought this is worth exploring

1. Walsh (20)
2. Cobbo (20)
4. Tabuai-fidow (21)
5: Taulagi (24)
8. Flegler (23)
9. Grant (25)
11. Fifita (23)
12. Gilbert (22)
13. Carrigan (25)

14. Tino (23)
15. Cotter (24)
16: Nanai (20)

All of these guys could have 6 or more years in them.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I thought this is worth exploring

1. Walsh (20)
2. Cobbo (20)
4. Tabuai-fidow (21)
5: Taulagi (24)
8. Flegler (23)
9. Grant (25)
11. Fifita (23)
12. Gilbert (22)
13. Carrigan (25)

14. Tino (23)
15. Cotter (24)
16: Nanai (20)

All of these guys could have 6 or more years in them.

That's one of the supposed weaknesses that Queensland has, that we've turned in to our advantage. And that's that we have nowhere near the depth of NSW. When we lose a game, unless there is someone who plays awfully and there is someone knocking down the door to replace them, we stick with our man.

We've had some real shockers by Qld mainstays, I remember a couple of games where Kaufusi was just a turnstile in defence and they made so many breaks directly through him. But he'd got the job done in the past, and was trusted to get it right next time, and he's been mostly solid when he's since played. NSW would have dropped him in a heartbeat and called up whoever had probably just had a decent club game against a weak opposition.

Barring injury, an unforeseen drop in form, or if someone else shows better form over a sustained period, those guys on the list will almost certainly be in the team for a long time.

This narrative is now way too huge to come to fruition. I think we're safe with Reynolds not getting the gig.

Active Now

• Organix
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  • theshed
  • Brotherdu
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Santa
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • RodF
  • Old Mate
  • Strop
  • Volvo Driver
  • Xzei
  • porouian
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.