2023 State of Origin Discussion

Sure looks like the leg is straight and studs are showing.

It's something Walsh needs to avoid doing because it's going to backfire on him at some point.

View attachment 22486
View attachment 22485
He's a bronco so Vlando will probably look to bring in a new rule regarding the fullback having to worry about where his feet are when catching towering bombs whilst having 100kg forwards bearing down on them.

All about protecting the defenders in that situation, rather than the fullback who's having to take a catch with defenders being so close that they run into him mid air

Sure looks like the leg is straight and studs are showing.

It's something Walsh needs to avoid doing because it's going to backfire on him at some point.

View attachment 22486
View attachment 22485
I just showed you a picture of the impact and his tags are quite obviously down, they’re also down throughout the entire process if you watch about 15 seconds after when they show the replay from behind.

I just showed you a picture of the impact and his tags are quite obviously down, they’re also down throughout the entire process if you watch about 15 seconds after when they show the replay from behind.

You showed a screenshot after contact.

When contact is made, studs are showing which is pretty clear in the footage.

You showed a screenshot after contact.

When contact is made, studs are showing which is pretty clear in the footage.
disagree, on the slowmo replay his studs are not up but the side of his boot contacts Frizzell in the throat but that isn't Walsh's fault, he only makes the elaborate studs out motion after contact but it doesn't touch anyone.

Must have got those tags up pretty damn quickly

Not to be contrarian, but to me it looks like he mistimed the jump, left the ground too late and had to adjust in the air, leaving him at a more horizontal angle in leaning back to take the ball and therefore raising the angle of his legs.

Arrow out for 8 weeks.

Probably opens the door for a Corey Horsburgh debut in Game 2. That bench role is very niche, needs to be someone who can cover edge forward & middle forward for big minutes if required. Sounds like Horse to me.

1. Walsh
2. Taulagi
3. Tabuai-Fidow
4. Holmes
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Cotter
9. Hunt
10. Fa'asuamaleaui
11. Fifita
12. Kaufusi
13. Carrigan

14. Grant
15. Horsburgh
16. Collins
17. Flegler

Arrow out for 8 weeks.

Probably opens the door for a Corey Horsburgh debut in Game 2. That bench role is very niche, needs to be someone who can cover edge forward & middle forward for big minutes if required. Sounds like Horse to me.

1. Walsh
2. Taulagi
3. Tabuai-Fidow
4. Holmes
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Cotter
9. Hunt
10. Fa'asuamaleaui
11. Fifita
12. Kaufusi
13. Carrigan

14. Grant
15. Horsburgh
16. Collins
17. Flegler
Perfect. I'd go with this too.

Arrow - gone the rest of the origin series
Gilbert - gone for the rest of the year!

I feel for the Dolphins, Gilbert is such a good player.

I cant believe how dumb NSW are. They first go for the Penrith combinations, now they are talking about Fatrell, Cook, Arey and Walker, possibly Graham and Kolomatangi as well to bring in Souths combinations.

They just dont get Origin.

I cant believe how dumb NSW are. They first go for the Penrith combinations, now they are talking about Fatrell, Cook, Arey and Walker, possibly Graham and Kolomatangi as well to bring in Souths combinations.

They just dont get Origin.
For real? I posted that as pure speculation because it would be dumb.
Is there an article stating that?

Unread

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • The Strapper
  • Justwin
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Spike
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • levikaden
  • jd87
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Strop
  • Fozz
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.