OFFICIAL 2023 TEAM UPDATE: SECOND BEST

Watch this space for latest injuries, suspensions and training updates.

GRAND FINAL

SUSPENDED

INJURED

Willison: ankle, season over.

LATEST JUDICIARY

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Say what you like about Fifita being dumb, but how often do you see an opposition player doing a solid like this?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
7.57pm – The NRL's legal counsel Patrick Knowles SC is has added his summation.

"Either player Walsh said the words to the referee, or even if the words were not said to the referee, they were directed at the referees on-field ruling. It is my belief that those words are clearly directed towards the referee. It is only after the referee said “obstruction’ that player Walsh said those words. It is fairly obvious in my submission that the words were directed to the referee and the referee’s decision.”

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

"Either player Walsh said the words to the referee, or even if the words were not said to the referee, they were directed at the referees on-field ruling. It is my belief that those words are clearly directed towards the referee. It is only after the referee said “obstruction’ that player Walsh said those words. It is fairly obvious in my submission that the words were directed to the referee and the referee’s decision.”
"Fairly obvious" lol... that sums this up really...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Say what you like about Fifita being dumb, but how often do you see an opposition player doing a solid like this?

Well the last time we had one, I believe was Guerra in the Hodges case back in 2015.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Isn't the official meant to determine that?? Isn't that his job??

If he was chirping at him outside of questioning decisions then he can penalise him for dissent... if he thinks he directed a verbal at him he can bin him.

Why did the ref decide that the most appropriate action was marching him 10m and telling Reynolds that if he does it again he's off... after telling him at half time that he's had enough of him questioning every decision.

If he had been giving him verbals all game and abusing him then I'm pretty sure he's going with something a bit harsher than marching him 10m
Watch it. You will end up banned for questioning their integrity soon.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014

Strange how he can say with certainty who it was said to, but people who were actually there couldn't possibly say for sure.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Isn't the official meant to determine that?? Isn't that his job??

If he was chirping at him outside of questioning decisions then he can penalise him for dissent... if he thinks he directed a verbal at him he can bin him.

Why did the ref decide that the most appropriate action was marching him 10m and telling Reynolds that if he does it again he's off... after telling him at half time that he's had enough of him questioning every decision.

If he had been giving him verbals all game and abusing him then I'm pretty sure he's going with something a bit harsher than marching him 10m
Yes. If Walsh was being an annoying prick the ref has every right to march the team. But this charge came up after the game. So my question is if all Walsh has done is made a persistent dick of himself maybe being marched was enough punishment already. Case dismissed.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008

To which Reece was heard to remark, '**** off, c***.’

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012

This is some low level private school debate team shit. "Well, even if it wasn't, it's fairly obvious it was naughty"

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
8.10pm – Knowles continues. "This is a case in which the players giving evidence have spoken about their evidence.”

"You will have to make an assessment of the evidence from player Walsh and players Carrigan and Fifita. You heard evidence in this case that both players had conversations with player Walsh before the hearing tonight. They got their story straight.”

Active Now

• maximus84
  • Xzei
  • Bronco bob
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Mister Wright
  • pennywisealfie
  • MrMoore
  • johnny plath
  • Dash
  • Maroon4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skathen
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.