OFFICIAL 2023 TEAM UPDATE: SECOND BEST

Watch this space for latest injuries, suspensions and training updates.

GRAND FINAL

SUSPENDED

INJURED

Willison: ankle, season over.

LATEST JUDICIARY

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Guilty until proven innocent here I think, unfortunately.
Originally I thought Reece may be able to get off with saying that it was directed at a player but the Fox footage does everything to say it was directed at the ref.
Is the ref called on for evidence as part of it? If so and he cannot 100% be confident that it was directed at him, what happens? Is that enough doubt to just dish out a fine?
I still maintain that if the ref thought it was directed at him, he would have sent him rather than give them 10m.
As long as it’s not more than 2wks, it may not be the worst thing for Walsh, so long as he learns from it. It’ll be a hard one to take, missing out on origin 3 and the extra $$ he would have pocketed also.
At least sailor looks ready, hopefully it doesn’t derail our season.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Guilty until proven innocent here I think, unfortunately.
Originally I thought Reece may be able to get off with saying that it was directed at a player but the Fox footage does everything to say it was directed at the ref.
Is the ref called on for evidence as part of it? If so and he cannot 100% be confident that it was directed at him, what happens? Is that enough doubt to just dish out a fine?
I still maintain that if the ref thought it was directed at him, he would have sent him rather than give them 10m.
As long as it’s not more than 2wks, it may not be the worst thing for Walsh, so long as he learns from it. It’ll be a hard one to take, missing out on origin 3 and the extra $$ he would have pocketed also.
At least sailor looks ready, hopefully it doesn’t derail our season.
Honestly, I think it doesn't matter what the ref thinks, but rather that it could be publicly seen to have been directed at the ref. The charge is contrary conduct, and Walsh's behaviour was against the spirit of the game in any case and needs to be better.
Of course, in these cases, I would also ask for consistency to be applied, but to give Fox the chance to drum this crap into a frenzy is just dumb, and a cliched "attitude problem".
Take the medicine.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The season isn't falling apart over one loss.

Titans have a history of getting one up on us. We have a history of being flat after a bye. That's exactly what happened this time.

We'll be fine.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Patty: It's only a game.
Ref: Obstruction.
Walsh: **** you ****.

It's that pause that's the problem. He doesn't go off until the ref says obstruction.
Finally got a chance to listen to the audio and to me Patty clearly says “slow your brain” I’m not sure how anyone could get “it’s only a game”.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Finally got a chance to listen to the audio and to me Patty clearly says “slow your brain” I’m not sure how anyone could get “it’s only a game”.

Like I said, that's what I heard and like I said, I could be wrong. We'll find out Wednesday night what was said when it comes out during the hearing.

FACTHUNT

FACTHUNT

QCup Player
May 25, 2021
I think we’re all a bit triggered from last year (and the years previous that we won’t mention) - but we gotta just calm down for the moment.

Origin, Hunt, then this. Wild few days. We have good depth and Walsh can come back down to earth after a few weeks off. Better to learn this now than flip out in a more important game.

We’re shit during the day. We’re shit often against the titans.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Not to add to the doom and gloom but we only have 1 game at Suncorp for the rest of the season and that’s round 27 against the storm.

Going to be interesting to see how much of this season we can hold on to.

We are only 1 win ahead of where we were this same time last year (11 after round 17 in 2023, and 10 after round 17 in 2022). This is exactly where the wheels fell off last year.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Not to add to the doom and gloom but we only have 1 game at Suncorp for the rest of the season and that’s round 27 against the storm.

Going to be interesting to see how much of this season we can hold on to.

We are only 1 win ahead of where we were this same time last year (11 after round 17 in 2023, and 10 after round 17 in 2022). This is exactly where the wheels fell off last year.

We've got a better away record this year than what we do at Suncorp.

83% away (that's not including the Dolphins and Manly game).

60% at home (that's including the Dolphins and Manly game).

Over the course of the 2022/2023 seasons, we've got a 58% away record and a 60% home record.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If Walsh gets suspended through Origin, does Origin count as one of his suspended games?

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
If not the Dally M, Walsh will get the Clive Churchill medal this year. It’s locked. Matter of just waiting for the day to be delivered in October.
Thats It Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Unread

Active Now

• Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.