OFFICIAL 2023 TEAM UPDATE: SECOND BEST

Watch this space for latest injuries, suspensions and training updates.

GRAND FINAL

SUSPENDED

INJURED

Willison: ankle, season over.

LATEST JUDICIARY

I’m more disappointed with Patty saying it’s just a game tbh
Pretty sure he was saying "slow your brain".

Good chance Walsh will be right to play and get off with a fine if our defence is any good. The judiciary will be hearing the uncensored version which is very different to what people are assuming was said.

Patty: Slow your brain
Walsh: I fucking did ****

Walsh: I stopped
Possibly Fifita: No you didn't

Ref: Obstruction

It's still possible that it was directed at the ref, but I think there is enough plausible deniability to get him off, especially considering Patty was standing in the same direction. They might still give him a week for being a pest and swearing in the direction of a referee, but I doubt he is going to be charged for saying "**** you ****" to the ref.

Good chance Walsh will be right to play and get off with a fine if our defence is any good. The judiciary will be hearing the uncensored version which is very different to what people are assuming was said.

It's still possible that it was directed at the ref, but I think there is enough plausible deniability to get him off, especially considering Patty was standing in the same direction. They might still give him a week for being a pest and swearing in the direction of a referee, but I doubt he is going to be charged for saying "**** you ****" to the ref.
At the end of the day if the ref thought Walsh directed that at him and didn’t send him off he is negligent in his duties.

2008 Brisbane played Canterbury with Lockyer & Wallace back on deck. Canterbury were struggling big time and this was expected to be the game that pushed Brisbane up the ladder. Brisbane never got into the game, SBW had a Man of the Match performance and in just a few days time he's off to France.
Speaking of players to have one last hurrah against the broncos before fucking off from the game completely... there was also Todd Carney's last game in the NRL.

If I recall correctly we were leading by plenty against sharks, at home, only to fall in a heap and lose to them... Todd Carney of course celebrated the win by pissing in his own mouth and being fucked off to England.

Purple monkey dishwasher

Speaking of players to have one last hurrah against the broncos before fucking off from the game completely... there was also Todd Carney's last game in the NRL.

If I recall correctly we were leading by plenty against sharks, at home, only to fall in a heap and lose to them... Todd Carney of course celebrated the win by pissing in his own mouth and being fucked off to England.
As soon as Hala scored a double, I knew the Broncos were in for a cursed game.

Of course I still think the Broncos got screwed on that game. Copley only drops the cross-field kick after Graham wraps his arm around him while Copley was still in the air, causing him to lose his balance and the ball in the process.

Speaking of the media weighing in, wasn't there an incident in a Dragons/Eels game where Channel 9 shared an incident that happened in backplay that saw Trent Barrett suspended for six weeks? Then they even did a skit of it on The Footy Show? It would have happened in 2006, but does anyone else remember anything like this?

I swear Flegler has just become a sports fish for the amusement of the NRL - tag & release him every game.. a bit like police do with that serial conman Peter Foster

That doesn’t make any sense that he would say “it’s only a game” in that scenario.

If that were the only time Walsh was in the refs face over a call that went against us, yes.

Speaking of the media weighing in, wasn't there an incident in a Dragons/Eels game where Channel 9 shared an incident that happened in backplay that saw Trent Barrett suspended for six weeks? Then they even did a skit of it on The Footy Show? It would have happened in 2006, but does anyone else remember anything like this?

It was against the Knights in '06, Barrett striking Carney in the head with the forearm/elbow that was completely missed until a Channel 9 employee saw it reviewing the footage and shared it, sending it to the NRL.

I think that's the incident you're referring to, he got 6 weeks for it.

It was against the Knights in '06, Barrett striking Carney in the head with the forearm/elbow that was completely missed until a Channel 9 employee saw it reviewing the footage and sent it to the NRL.

I think that's the incident you're referring to, he got 6 weeks for it.
That's the one and it'd make sense as well since I likely saw it again on one of those Dark Knight YouTube compilations.

Did you get a load of Matty Johns doing a parody of Wendell? How did that make the air in 2006?! 😬

Being sent straight to judiciary just means the MRC can't determine a charge. In Patty's case, that's because the hip drop was and still is a mystery to everyone. In this case, they evidently don't have enough video evidence to figure out what was said and to whom. If Walsh is backed up by other players, credible players, then that should be enough doubt. You'd think.

No one has got more than a fine for contrary conduct this season. There have been 12 charges, some players multiple times in a match.
Wrong, they can determine a charge, but not the grading of the charge. It leaves it up to the discretion of the judiciary panel what punishment is imposed.

He's gone for 2 matches for sure.

That's the one and it'd make sense as well since I likely saw it again on one of those Dark Knight YouTube compilations.

Did you get a load of Matty Johns doing a parody of Wendell? How did that make the air in 2006?! 😬

Lol that was very cringe. Even in '06, I'm very surprised that made it to air. It was a different time back then, can you imagine the backlash they would cop today with the skits they did then?

View attachment 22780

He's gone for 2 matches for sure.
Yep. Regardless of whether he slagged the ref, he had several cases where he needed to have Reynolds do the whining for him. Reynolds and Patty needed to grab him by the ear and set him in his place. So, if they didn't do it, the NRL will do it for them.

Season falling apart before our eyes. Not a good game against titans and likely losing Walsh and Riki for a few weeks now too.

Season falling apart before our eyes. Not a good game against titans and likely losing Walsh and Riki for a few weeks now too.

hmmmmm, interesting.

as soon as we lose, and you think our season is "falling apart" you magically reappear.

I find it interesting that when we are performing well you disappear, so as not to have to give the team credit.

hmmmmm, interesting.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Mister Wright
  • phoenix
  • barker
  • Fatboy
  • peter09
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • MasterWright
  • RolledOates
  • Manofoneway
  • broncos4life
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.