2024 Broncos Jersey and Sponsorship discussion.

I can’t say I’m a big fan of the jersey.

I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either. Maybe it will grow on me.

I love it.

4576 949

Hopefully they beat my mum's Tigers in that ANZAC day jersey wouldn't that be marvellous

Needed to be maroon shorts. Don’t like the white maroon white combo. Think the jersey is pretty good without being excellent though.

$170.00 for an ANZAC jersey, and how much of that goes to an organisation such as Legacy?

Probably **** all. Shouldn't be using the ANZAC name to generate profit for our own good.
The club auctions off the game day jerseys for charity (made $30k last year), but I think proportions of sales for those jerseys should also go to relevant groups (same probably goes for our indigenous jersey - although we seem to do a lot of work in that area).

$170.00 for an ANZAC jersey, and how much of that goes to an organisation such as Legacy?

Probably **** all. Shouldn't be using the ANZAC name to generate profit for our own good.
Do you have any proof they don’t?

Don’t see you standing here complaining about broadcasters and the NRL profiting off Anzac Day games. Or the heightened profit of pubs playing Anzac games etc etc.

It’s a day and in the NRL a whole weekend of celebration and recognition of sacrifices within our country. I think you will find the club employed and involved many soldiers in the process of making the jersey. As for whether some of the profits go to non-profits and charities like legacy? We don’t know. No point blowing your gasket over something you have no idea about.

Your local RSL profits off the footy 4/7 days of the week, should they be distributing there bar profits accordingly?

Its just such a weird argument without any remote proof otherwise and blowing your gasket specifically at the Broncos.

I think you will find it’s stock standard that with a lot of these initiatives along with the indigenous round that the profits of these jerseys go towards the initiative, round and event itselves and usually finds its way into the right people’s pockets. On top of that I would be very surprised if there were no charitable donations made to associating organisations not to mention the jerseys always get auctioned off and proceeds given to charity.

All in all it’s fair to say that charities, organisations and people associated with Anzac benefit far greater from the jersey being made then not at all.

Some times you just have to put a little bit of perspective on things instead of instant outrage.

As for the price it’s literally the exact same as all the other jerseys what were you expecting a nice little Anzac discount?

Do you have any proof they don’t?

Don’t see you standing here complaining about broadcasters and the NRL profiting off Anzac Day games. Or the heightened profit of pubs playing Anzac games etc etc.

It’s a day and in the NRL a whole weekend of celebration and recognition of sacrifices within our country. I think you will find the club employed and involved many soldiers in the process of making the jersey. As for whether some of the profits go to non-profits and charities like legacy? We don’t know. No point blowing your gasket over something you have no idea about.

Your local RSL profits off the footy 4/7 days of the week, should they be distributing there bar profits accordingly?

Its just such a weird argument without any remote proof otherwise and blowing your gasket specifically at the Broncos.

I think you will find it’s stock standard that with a lot of these initiatives along with the indigenous round that the profits of these jerseys go towards the initiative, round and event itselves and usually finds its way into the right people’s pockets. On top of that I would be very surprised if there were no charitable donations made to associating organisations not to mention the jerseys always get auctioned off and proceeds given to charity.

All in all it’s fair to say that charities, organisations and people associated with Anzac benefit far greater from the jersey being made then not at all.

Some times you just have to put a little bit of perspective on things instead of instant outrage.

As for the price it’s literally the exact same as all the other jerseys what were you expecting a nice little Anzac discount?
I don't think Nìnga was blowing any gaskets, just making a point & Sharing an opinion.

I agree with him, I'd love to hear at the end of the round that the NRL has raised X amount of cash for Legacy.

Would be a great cause supported & a good look for the game.

Jerseys are way too expensive, forget about the occasion and where the money is going.

The last jersey was just as expensive.

Jerseys are way too expensive, forget about the occasion and where the money is going.

The last jersey was just as expensive.
did they actually sell last years?

dont think they did

I don't think Nìnga was blowing any gaskets, just making a point & Sharing an opinion.

I agree with him, I'd love to hear at the end of the round that the NRL has raised X amount of cash for Legacy.

Would be a great cause supported & a good look for the game.
Sure but he has ignorantly and quite hypocritically accused the Broncos of poor taste business. Obviously a huge part of there operations and profitability scheme is to be a big presence in the community but at the end of the day they are still the ones heavily committed to said community tirelessly and philanthropically in many different areas such as the Anzac weekend.

Last year the broncos ran at a 100% loss on the jerseys by not selling them and auctioned the said jerseys off for an associating organisation to take 100% profits. A year later they are robbing the broncos fans of another 170 bucks in poor taste without giving to associating parties give me a break.

Sure if you had evidence of that happening fair enough call it out but don’t do the pathetic bullshit of complaining about the standard price of jerseys on the website and then basisly call into question the clubs ethics and integrity on profit making methods.

Broncos do a lot more work to demonstrate the exact opposite of what he claimed without further research and yet even the slightest bit of further research would back that up. So to end up on the other side of that spectrum off general feel about what the club does is disappointing.

In fairness the chances are the broncos are taking a piece of the pie (profits), however nothing guarantees that considering last year they ran at a full loss and still donated the charitable earnings. But at the same time by participating in this initiative they have created multiple pies (not just slices) for multiple associating entities and organisations that otherwise wouldn’t have been there. Hence doing business in far better taste than he is suggesting.

For mine his effortless accusatory comment has a million times more bad taste than any of the work the Broncos and its workers do in this philanthropic space and around the community.

Look I’m no charity or community buff myself this isn’t some big charity rant but to think this club only cares or does good work in the space of entertainment and profitability you are bang off. They tirelessly put in effort to the community and philanthropic work and it’s one thing to go unnoticed but to lazily cop shit suggesting otherwise is poor.

I think if Dave was to read the “probably **** all” he would be confused and disheartened as to how a very active member of a broncos forum partaken in by the keenest of fans thought that’s the way there club would and has operated.

The back is a thousand times better than the front. Should have switched that to the front and just had the gradient on the back and sides.

Hit me up ASICS, I'm all over this shit. Let's talk aqua.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Griffo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • upthehorse
  • Behold
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Lostboy
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • rj9
  • Dash
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • whykickamoocow
  • thenry
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.