OFFICIAL 2024 draw

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue
HOME in Green

PREMIERSHIP
Round 1: Roosters - Sun, Mar 3. 2:30PM. Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas
Round 2: Rabbitohs - Thurs, Mar 14. 7PM.
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 3: Panthers - Thurs, Mar 21. 7PM. BlueBet Stadium, Penrith
Round 4: Cowboys - Fri, Mar 29. 7.05PM.
Round 5: Storm - Thurs, Apr 4. 7PM. AAMI Park, Melbourne
Round 6: Dolphins - Fri, Apr 12. 8PM.
Round 7: Raiders - Sat, Apr 20. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 8: Tigers - Sat, Apr 27. 5:30pm. Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney
Round 9: Roosters - Fri, May 3. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 10: Eels - Fri, May 10. 8PM. CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Round 11: Sea Eagles - Friday, May 17. 8PM.
Round 12: Titans - Sunday, May 26. 2PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 13: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 1: Wed, Jun 5. 8:05PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 14: Sharks - Sat, Jun 8. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 15: Rabbitohs - Fri, Jun 14. 8PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 16: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 2: Wed, Jun 26. 8:10PM. Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Round 17: Warriors - Sat, Jun 29. 3PM. Go Media Stadium, Auckland
Round 18: Panthers -Fri, July 5, 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 19: Dragons - Sat, July 13. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
STATE OF ORIGIN 3: Wed, July 17. 8:10PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 20: Knights - Sat, July 20. 5:30PM. McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
Round 21: Bulldogs - Sat, July 27. 3PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 22: Titans - Sat, Aug 3. 3PM. Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
Round 23: Cowboys - Sat, Aug 10. 5:30PM. Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
Round 24: BYE
Round 25: Eels - Fri, Aug 23. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 26: Dolphins - Sat, Aug 31. 5:30PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 27:Storm - Thurs, Sep 5. 7:50PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

1ScreenF xf4NPbUAAzvxB
2ScreenF xf4NPbkAALF3b
3ScreenF xf4NQa4AAsRrU
4ScreenF xf4NOasAAdgVt

Mozer was pretty tidy around the ruck. He Led the line speed a lot, got involved in defence. I do think people are expecting a bit much from him. People expect that because he has wraps on him he should be busting teams open, making line breaks, laying on several try assists a game. Hooker is one of the hardest positions to come into as rookie. If he is causing some ruck deception, giving the ball runners some time, providing clean service and strong in defence, i am happy. He needs time. Walters and smoothy still our two best 9s at this time though.

You have pretty much nailed it. All of what you said mixed in with the never ending "Kevvie's kid" debate, just adds more pressure and people wanting him to be fast tracked. I remember watching Cameron Smith early on and he wasn't beating teams with any sort of brilliance around the ruck but by the end of his career he was the GOAT. It takes time, undoubtedly more time than any other spine position. A lot of what he does will go unnoticed, a good hooker provides subtle deception and most fans don't see it where as the halves/fullback with their kicks and flicks usually get all the praise. Unless you are someone like Damien Cook and just run past everyone.

Kevvie won't get it wrong, I haven't seen a player go backwards under his watch.

I thought in the pre-season that Mozer might not be suited to the bench- I thought his Tweed Meninga days were behind him based on his '23 bench form but last two weeks he's changed it up off the bench and looked more confident than he did in the six games last year. Even yesterday with Paix looked much better than 23 and I didn't think they complemented each other at all.

You have pretty much nailed it. All of what you said mixed in with the never ending "Kevvie's kid" debate, just adds more pressure and people wanting him to be fast tracked. I remember watching Cameron Smith early on and he wasn't beating teams with any sort of brilliance around the ruck but by the end of his career he was the GOAT. It takes time, undoubtedly more time than any other spine position. A lot of what he does will go unnoticed, a good hooker provides subtle deception and most fans don't see it where as the halves/fullback with their kicks and flicks usually get all the praise. Unless you are someone like Damien Cook and just run past everyone.

Kevvie won't get it wrong, I haven't seen a player go backwards under his watch.
I have been super impressed with his defence. It's like he's gone from a scrawny teen that I worried about playing men, into a solid body that doesn't seem to get dominated in defence at all and he was leading the line a fair bit last night. Have absolutely no concerns about him defending at the moment.

I think that bit about deception is where he can still improve though. He's doing a bit too much pointing and what not, and when he then goes the same way that he's pointing it telegraphs where the ball is going. I think that's a bit of an issue with the broncos as a whole though... there was one yesterday where we went two wide from dummy half and the manly player got there as the ball was getting to him. It just seems too easy to read who's taking the hit up at times.

For Mozer I feel it's just an issue of continuity and not getting an opportunity to play with the same players and having the same role week in week out... I think when he gets the chance to settle into a consistent role he'll star, and he was starting to show that at Souths last year.

I think Paix has moved to Wynnum this year?? which is probably for the best and hopefully Mozer continues on from where he left off last year with Souths and really takes ownership of the team... can see Mozer getting NRL games at the back end of the year and really interested to see how he goes when he gets some consistency with the first grade squad.

I have been super impressed with his defence. It's like he's gone from a scrawny teen that I worried about playing men, into a solid body that doesn't seem to get dominated in defence at all and he was leading the line a fair bit last night. Have absolutely no concerns about him defending at the moment.

I think that bit about deception is where he can still improve though. He's doing a bit too much pointing and what not, and when he then goes the same way that he's pointing it telegraphs where the ball is going. I think that's a bit of an issue with the broncos as a whole though... there was one yesterday where we went two wide from dummy half and the manly player got there as the ball was getting to him. It just seems too easy to read who's taking the hit up at times.

For Mozer I feel it's just an issue of continuity and not getting an opportunity to play with the same players and having the same role week in week out... I think when he gets the chance to settle into a consistent role he'll star, and he was starting to show that at Souths last year.

I think Paix has moved to Wynnum this year?? which is probably for the best and hopefully Mozer continues on from where he left off last year with Souths and really takes ownership of the team... can see Mozer getting NRL games at the back end of the year and really interested to see how he goes when he gets some consistency with the first grade squad.
Yeah absolutely, from what I've seen the way Mozer plays will really benefit from playing with the same people week in week out.
I'd be wanting him playing at Souths with whoever is the successor to Reno whether that is Madden or Black.

Mozer is starting to really find his feet against men. Nothing outstanding in that game but you can see his confidence growing.

His passing needs more reps. Accuracy is not consistent enough to put real pressure on Walters or Smoothy just yet. Ballin should be pretty good for him. Would love for the club to get him some time with Cam.

What impresses me most at the moment is his defence. He does a great job of slowing big men down. Hits and sticks up high, wraps the ball and then lets them get a slow extra metre or two, slowing the PTB to a stand still. This is the part of his game that most reminds me of smith at the moment, not his attack

Active Now

• Santa
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • theshed
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.