OFFICIAL 2024 draw

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue
HOME in Green

PREMIERSHIP
Round 1: Roosters - Sun, Mar 3. 2:30PM. Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas
Round 2: Rabbitohs - Thurs, Mar 14. 7PM.
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 3: Panthers - Thurs, Mar 21. 7PM. BlueBet Stadium, Penrith
Round 4: Cowboys - Fri, Mar 29. 7.05PM.
Round 5: Storm - Thurs, Apr 4. 7PM. AAMI Park, Melbourne
Round 6: Dolphins - Fri, Apr 12. 8PM.
Round 7: Raiders - Sat, Apr 20. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 8: Tigers - Sat, Apr 27. 5:30pm. Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney
Round 9: Roosters - Fri, May 3. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 10: Eels - Fri, May 10. 8PM. CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Round 11: Sea Eagles - Friday, May 17. 8PM.
Round 12: Titans - Sunday, May 26. 2PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 13: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 1: Wed, Jun 5. 8:05PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 14: Sharks - Sat, Jun 8. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 15: Rabbitohs - Fri, Jun 14. 8PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 16: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 2: Wed, Jun 26. 8:10PM. Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Round 17: Warriors - Sat, Jun 29. 3PM. Go Media Stadium, Auckland
Round 18: Panthers -Fri, July 5, 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 19: Dragons - Sat, July 13. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
STATE OF ORIGIN 3: Wed, July 17. 8:10PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 20: Knights - Sat, July 20. 5:30PM. McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
Round 21: Bulldogs - Sat, July 27. 3PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 22: Titans - Sat, Aug 3. 3PM. Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
Round 23: Cowboys - Sat, Aug 10. 5:30PM. Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
Round 24: BYE
Round 25: Eels - Fri, Aug 23. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 26: Dolphins - Sat, Aug 31. 5:30PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 27:Storm - Thurs, Sep 5. 7:50PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

1ScreenF xf4NPbUAAzvxB
2ScreenF xf4NPbkAALF3b
3ScreenF xf4NQa4AAsRrU
4ScreenF xf4NOasAAdgVt

Yeah. I agree. Can't afford both of those guys on the money they are probably worth. We really lost a heap of value this year, more than any other team has in the comp. The Panthers have controlled their bleeding of stars pretty well whereas we just seem to get raped
I think for the panthers they just focus on retaining Cleary and even then he doesn't really ask for the $1.5m that he probably should be getting... After that they just put whoever around him and keep on trucking.

Yeo, JFH and Leota all take unders to stay
Liam Martin should be heading to $800k... but think he extended last year or so and probably didn't sink them
Edwards doesn't seem to look for upgrades.
Kenny is cheap as ****.

Luai chased the money, but they probably have another gun coming through... or it doesn't even matter, because Panthers are more dangerous when Cleary plays both sides of the field.

That is a big core to build around for pretty **** all cap space in reality.

By comparison Walsh is our big gun to retain... but Haas is on $1m, Patty is on that $800k, Ezra is moving to big money. Staggs and Cobbo on decent money for outside backs.

Willison looks promising... Piakura looks promising, but is thankfully locked down for awhile.... Mozer, Black, Mariner, etc. all young guys who look promising and if it comes to fruition will be wanting money.

We are hopefully moving back into conveyor belt mode where the loss of a role player can be minimised and then it just comes to identifying the core and building around them.

I think for the panthers they just focus on retaining Cleary and even then he doesn't really ask for the $1.5m that he probably should be getting... After that they just put whoever around him and keep on trucking.

Yeo, JFH and Leota all take unders to stay
Liam Martin should be heading to $800k... but think he extended last year or so and probably didn't sink them
Edwards doesn't seem to look for upgrades.
Kenny is cheap as ****.

Luai chased the money, but they probably have another gun coming through... or it doesn't even matter, because Panthers are more dangerous when Cleary plays both sides of the field.

That is a big core to build around for pretty **** all cap space in reality.

By comparison Walsh is our big gun to retain... but Haas is on $1m, Patty is on that $800k, Ezra is moving to big money. Staggs and Cobbo on decent money for outside backs.

Willison looks promising... Piakura looks promising, but is thankfully locked down for awhile.... Mozer, Black, Mariner, etc. all young guys who look promising and if it comes to fruition will be wanting money.

We are hopefully moving back into conveyor belt mode where the loss of a role player can be minimised and then it just comes to identifying the core and building around them.
I just don't even think I've ever seen a team lose three rep players in one season before. It's got to be some kind of record. The salary cap is extremely annoying for teams like the broncos that grow their own talent.

I just don't even think I've ever seen a team lose three rep players in one season before. It's got to be some kind of record. The salary cap is extremely annoying for teams like the broncos that grow their own talent.
I guess we need the TV deals to keep going up, so the cap keeps going up 😕😕

I think a club will offer cobbo 1 mil plus and fullback position, so it may be hard to retain him.
Roosters have Tedesco nearing the end and talk of Manu going to Rugby so they will either go for Cobbo or get someone else then that club will chase Cobbo.

Roosters have Tedesco nearing the end and talk of Manu going to Rugby so they will either go for Cobbo or get someone else then that club will chase Cobbo.
I've thought this was coming for a long time but ffs I could not think of a worse move for cobbo. He struggles in the big smoke of Brisbane and has trouble talking. It'll be a few years since roosters won a premiership too by then so the pressure will be on to deliver or get turfed quickly. Not an environment I could see cobbo enjoying.

Also, heard that Sam walker is not a well liked person among the young Queenslanders for being a snitch n a schoolboys tour. Not sure cobbo is part of that but he'd be mates with the young Queensland crew at the very least.

I've thought this was coming for a long time but ffs I could not think of a worse move for cobbo. He struggles in the big smoke of Brisbane and has trouble talking. It'll be a few years since roosters won a premiership too by then so the pressure will be on to deliver or get turfed quickly. Not an environment I could see cobbo enjoying.

Also, heard that Sam walker is not a well liked person among the young Queenslanders for being a snitch n a schoolboys tour. Not sure cobbo is part of that but he'd be mates with the young Queensland crew at the very least.
Roosters definitely wouldn't be the best move for him but there guaranteed to make a big play for someone to play 1.
Another club could be the cowboys with Chad finishing up Dearden moves to 7 and Drinkwater to 6..
Most other clubs I can think of look to have a young fullback or someone who will still be in that position by the time Cobbos contracts up.

Didn't the Panthers lose:
Koraisau (NSW)
Burton (Aus?)
Capewell (Qld)

Rep player , GF winner .
Doesn`t get much more elite really .
I'd say he's probably the best second rower in the comp.... does the 1%'ers, has footy smarts, provides aggression and has attacking upside with the lines he runs.

He's about as close as you can get for a complete package second rower.

Fifita has the most attacking upside in the comp, but is only just getting it together from the workload, etc. and also doesnt provide the aggression.

I'd say he's probably the best second rower in the comp.... does the 1%'ers, has footy smarts, provides aggression and has attacking upside with the lines he runs.

He's about as close as you can get for a complete package second rower.

Fifita has the most attacking upside in the comp, but is only just getting it together from the workload, etc. and also doesnt provide the aggression.

And is as fit as fck !
He recovers from efforts really quickly too . Can you dislike and admire a player at the same time ?

It isn't even debatable - Martin is the clear number 1 second rower in the comp.

Who is number two is very debatable though of course and you have a bunch of contenders who are vastly different - the explosive types in Fifita and Kikau for example, the hard workers in the likes of Capewell, Nanai, etc but in my very biased opinion, I think we already have the number 2 unless I am missing someone completely - Riki.

And is as fit as fck !
He recovers from efforts really quickly too . Can you dislike and admire a player at the same time ?
Yep... hate the fucker when he's in a blue jersey, but still absolutely rate him... is it possible to hate a player without admiring them 🤔🤔

The level of hate is probably equivalent to the level of fear they strike into you as opposition lol

It isn't even debatable - Martin is the clear number 1 second rower in the comp.

Who is number two is very debatable though of course and you have a bunch of contenders who are vastly different - the explosive types in Fifita and Kikau for example, the hard workers in the likes of Capewell, Nanai, etc but in my very biased opinion, I think we already have the number 2 unless I am missing someone completely - Riki.
The best Second rower in the comp last year was Fifita and daylight second but it's probably the first year in his career that he actually delivered consistent performances.

Riki is a good defender / kick chaser , weakness is attacking .
If Riki runs like we know he can he`s a contender for #2 .
Doesn`t offer enough in attack for a man with his abilities . Piakura has already far outshone him in attack .

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bert_lifts
  • Sproj
  • Rookie Alan
  • TimWhatley
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behold
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • Financeguy
  • Inknition
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.