2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Of course he will be very few coach contracts are 12 months long and even more so very few coaches who pack up there entire families to move across the other side of the world will be coaches on 12 month contracts. Nobody is that fucken stupid for 12 months of assistant coach pay (even worse than cause originally was a development coach).
His initial contract was for a year. He broke a 2 year contract with Wigan to take it.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
His initial contract was for a year. He broke a 2 year contract with Wigan to take it.
You’re kidding? He’s fucken bonkers to do that. Must have been a serious upgrade pay wise or he saw it as a genuine chance to break into nrl coaching but that can be hard to do going to a development role from the UK with the narrative being that he’s just Kev and Alfs mate. Fair play to him it paid off but wowsers that’s a big move to make especially considering he had 2 years at Wigan still.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You’re kidding? He’s fucken bonkers to do that. Must have been a serious upgrade pay wise or he saw it as a genuine chance to break into nrl coaching but that can be hard to do going to a development role from the UK with the narrative being that he’s just Kev and Alfs mate. Fair play to him it paid off but wowsers that’s a big move to make especially considering he had 2 years at Wigan still.
That's what I read but maybe the verbals were different. I don't see him going anywhere for some time.

Keep in mind: had we continued on the trajectory of late 2022, Kevvie would be out on his arse by now. His job wasn't secure either.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Of course he will be very few coach contracts are 12 months long and even more so very few coaches who pack up there entire families to move across the other side of the world will be coaches on 12 month contracts. Nobody is that fucken stupid for 12 months of assistant coach pay (even worse than cause originally was a development coach).

His role never changed from December to today. He was development coach with attack.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
How's Kevvie's Grand Final form.

2001 Grand Final- Casey McGuire scores under the posts as the hooter goes.

Jets finished first and host the Grand Final- down 18-0 come back and then lose in the last minute.

2015- Thurston in ET
2023- Clearly 30 seconds to go.

Work on getting it done in 60 minutes KW.

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
Hope this stuff about singing the anthem doesn't affect Selwyn in anyway.
All the stuff in the media seems to be directed at him (his photo is always used).
He's probably going to get dropped for the next game for Holmes and if he doesn't get picked again this year not sure where his confidence will be at.
What’s happened?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Return to training:

ScreenScreenshot 2023 10 20 at 17 34 59 NRL summer When every club returns for pre season trai

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

It is going to take time for Cobbo / Mariner / whoever goes left centre to get up to speed but they will.. Even so, we are really going to miss this guy.

This video simultaneously shows what's great about Herbie, and also why I'm excited to see him go. For sure, he's strong, safe and a brutal defender. And for sure, he's menacing close to the line.

But this video, while showing the best of him this season, also shows why he's given me the shits ever since moving into the centres.

All great tries, I won't take anything away from that - congrats and thanks for all the fish - but in not one of them did he even glance sideways to look for support, let alone dummy. What we didn't see is how many potential tries he blew by trying what worked here, but failing. Herbie is, and has always been, about Herbie.

Now he's gone for more money or whatever the **** he wanted, good riddance to the hog. Thankfully Kevvie never gave him fullback. Imagine a fullback who goes it himself every time he gets the ball. I look forward to him doing that against us next season. We know he'll step off his left foot, and he won't pass the ball, until it's too late. I hope we put him on his arse. Every time.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
That said, his running backwards try maybe my favourite of all time. Credit where it's due.

He did score some tries with awesome foot work .
The one where he did a blind turn to bamboozle Gutho was a real goodn too .

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He did score some tries with awesome foot work .
The one where he did a blind turn to bamboozle Gutho was a real goodn too .
Yep, he's a terrific winger trapped in the centres. Such a waste.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Seibs
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • azza.79
  • Brocko
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.