2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Kevvie saying that Selwyn is looking good at centre. I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes in the pre-season trials there.

I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. I thought they would have given him another year on the wing and focused on improving his fitness so he can play a whole season at centre when the time came. But if he impresses in the trials then he deserves first crack at centre when the season starts, we'll see how he goes.

Hopefully Kevvie manages him well enough so that he doesn't burn out at the back end of the season.

☝🏼Yup, exactly. I reckon many of us didn’t reckon that Walsh take a U turn back to us. If that didn’t happened, we would’ve been making ’some’ attempts to put Selwyn @1 by now. I’m glad Walsh is back here.

That being said, Selwyn do look natural at left center but only time will tell how good he’ll be. Perhaps, Pearl has been in Selwyn’s ears all along 🤷‍♂️.
Boy, what a player Pearl was! It’s about time to emulate the 2024 & beyond version of the mighty “Pearl”. Go Selwyn!

Flegler on who should replace him at the Broncos:

"I don’t really care. It’s not really my problem, to be honest. I don’t really care what happens there. As for playing without Patty and Payne, I’m not too sure yet. I haven’t played without them. When round one comes and I’ve played a game I will let you know.”​
“It will be good to play the Broncos. It is a friendly rivalry. It is always good coming up against an old club, not that I have done it yet, but I am sure it will be. A big game, big crowd. There are no hard feelings there. We are just mates playing footy. I have decided to take a different route to go where I want to go to. It is what it is.”​
“Wayne is pretty blunt. He just said, ‘Tom, we want you. With a resume like that he doesn’t need to say too much to get people over the line. His resume speaks for itself. He is probably the greatest coach in the game. To be able to come here and get a year with him will be outstanding for me.”​
“It is an opportunity and a big challenge for me. That’s the reason why I came here. What the older boys have done in this game is not easy to achieve. They are still the leaders of the pack at the moment. They are great to learn off and hopefully one day when their time comes to an end I can step into their role. Not every forward pack has players like that with the experience they have. That was probably the biggest thing that got me over the line. Jesse has got Dally M front rower of the year many times now. The Bromwich brothers and Felise have been in premiership winning teams and played for their country. They are going to be awesome to learn off.”​

GDXsj5AbEAAzxNR

Flegler on who should replace him at the Broncos:

"I don’t really care. It’s not really my problem, to be honest. I don’t really care what happens there. As for playing without Patty and Payne, I’m not too sure yet. I haven’t played without them. When round one comes and I’ve played a game I will let you know.”​
“It will be good to play the Broncos. It is a friendly rivalry. It is always good coming up against an old club, not that I have done it yet, but I am sure it will be. A big game, big crowd. There are no hard feelings there. We are just mates playing footy. I have decided to take a different route to go where I want to go to. It is what it is.”​
“Wayne is pretty blunt. He just said, ‘Tom, we want you. With a resume like that he doesn’t need to say too much to get people over the line. His resume speaks for itself. He is probably the greatest coach in the game. To be able to come here and get a year with him will be outstanding for me.”​
“It is an opportunity and a big challenge for me. That’s the reason why I came here. What the older boys have done in this game is not easy to achieve. They are still the leaders of the pack at the moment. They are great to learn off and hopefully one day when their time comes to an end I can step into their role. Not every forward pack has players like that with the experience they have. That was probably the biggest thing that got me over the line. Jesse has got Dally M front rower of the year many times now. The Bromwich brothers and Felise have been in premiership winning teams and played for their country. They are going to be awesome to learn off.”​
I hope we knock Fleger out when we play them! Embarrass them so bad, no Bronco ever thinks of going to the Dolphins again!

View attachment 25708

Well, it's been real, but I'm out. Thanks for the memories, boys. I guess I'm a Dolphins fan now.

This is awesome. Tom Brady is a walking record book. Absolutely my favourite NFL player of all time.

He's won more Superbowls then any franchise. That alone is a nuts stat. He's won 7 superbowls, and Patriots and Steelers 6 each.

Arguably the GOAT of GOAT's.

Pretty funny how the narrative changes.

At the time, it was all about Kev looking after his mates.
Fair point, but don't forget how 2022 ended. The skepticism was warranted.

We'd gone down in a shower of shit. The admin hit the staff with a broom, which included Kevvie's brother and one of his mates. He was bumbling through interviews with platitudes. His emerging captain had just spent weeks on the sideline for a telegraphed crackdown infringement that reeked of a coaching failure.

And lest we forget he'd been playing his son in every game.

He was on final notice. He would've been sacked had we hit Origin time outside the Eight.

Kevvie had to earn the respect he has now. Whether he deserves all the credit for the transformation or the blame for the season before, the buck stops with him. It cuts both ways.

Really stoked that Lee Briers is on the staff again next season, I don't think he got enough credit for the work he did behind the scenes last year.
I don`t think he was at all in doubt .
He made a big commitment when he left the UK . Brought his family . His kids play in a local comp .

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Skathen
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Porthoz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • RodF
  • GCBRONCO
  • Thelmus
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.