2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Deine will hopefully come in and fill the spot that Herbie left. He is very fast and very raw. If he gets a couple of games in a row he will start to find his mojo. He is filling into his body too. I’ve noticed he is putting on size.

That was the one bias I had on Mariner .
A bit small . Good to hear he`s beefing up .

That was the one bias I had on Mariner .
A bit small . Good to hear he`s beefing up .
Wikipedia says he's the same height as Hammer and Val Holmes, and around the same weight. Maybe more if he's put on some fresh muscle. Staggs is also the same height but 4-5 kg heavier.

Might not be up to date, but FWIW:

He’s got the biggest legs in the world. Nothing wrong with his size.

When I saw him with his shirt off .
I thought he`s out of proportion . Could put some muscles on up top .In real good shape, but a bit light up top compared to other guys who play centre .
Big legs are good for running . Big chest and shoulders are good for tackling / fending .

Wikipedia says he's the same height as Hammer and Val Holmes, and around the same weight. Maybe more if he's put on some fresh muscle. Staggs is also the same height but 4-5 kg heavier.

Might not be up to date, but FWIW:

Scary times we live where Mariner looks small, he is the same height as me and I'm taller than 95% of humans.

Exhibit # A cunz .
iu

Scary times we live where Mariner looks small, he is the same height as me and I'm taller than 95% of humans.

I didn`t say he looked short did I ?
I said could put on some beef . Particularly in his upper body where he is light compared to a lot of centres and wingers ...

Taumalolo and Townsend sacked as Cowboys co-captains.

Dearden and Cotter to co-captain.
The Chad one step away from getting a tap on the shoulder.

Hope the cows implode at some point under Payten... seems to fail up with the decisions he makes.

Chad on $850k was always an horrendous contract.. and somehow they'll get out of it free

He's lucky Dearden and Drinky have completely owned the attack for him... and Drinkwater was another that he failed up on because Hammer was his first choice fullback and he didnt bring Drinkwater to fullback until he got injured.

Lolo being reduced to a 40min prop and they'll probably find a way to get out of his million dollar anchor... wonder if he wants to become a boxer 🤔🤔

Taumalolo and Townsend sacked as Cowboys co-captains.

Dearden and Cotter to co-captain.
Despite it appearing to be the right call, there's a whole lot that could go wrong with this.

Trust, relationships, team dynamics, confidence, team environment. Happy teams are more likely to be winning teams and this decision could lead to some divisions in the camp, even if it is the right call. Payten will be hoping for a winning first 2 months because unhappy teams can turn into happy teams if they start winning though....

I didn`t say he looked short did I ?
I said could put on some beef . Particularly in his upper body where he is light compared to a lot of centres and wingers ...
I wasn't referring to anything you said, in my own opinion I think Mariner looks small, because he is compared to players like Herbie, Cobbo and Oates.

Jamie Lyon wasn`t huge but had a superior tackling technique .
Jason Croker similar .

Mariner actually reminds me a bit of Chris Johns . Like I`ve said it`s not his attack I am interested in . More his defence and his physicality with bigger opponents .
Not long till we get to see in real life .

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.