2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

I wasn't referring to anything you said, in my own opinion I think Mariner looks small, because he is compared to players like Herbie, Cobbo and Oates.
I didn`t say he looked short did I ?
I said could put on some beef . Particularly in his upper body where he is light compared to a lot of centres and wingers ...
No idea how accurate this is - or if it's ever updated - but Zerotackle sorts players by weight. By this reckoning Mariner weighs in above Addo Carr and Reece Walsh:

ScreenScreenshot 2024 01 29 at 16 42 16 Heaviest  Lightest NRL Players Full List

Reece Walsh can`t tackle for shit and doesn`t play centre .
Addo Carr is a cat . Nothing more needs to be said in regards . LOL .

OMG ! He`s the same weight as Corey Paix ! But no way is Cam Munster 89 KGs .

1. Reece Walsh

2. Jesse Arthars

3. Selwyn Cobbo

4. Kotoni Staggs

5. Corey Oates

6. Ezra Mam

7. Adam Reynolds

8. Corey Jensen

9. Billy Walters

10. Payne Haas

11. Jordan Riki

12. Brendan Piakura

13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Tyson Smoothy

15. Fletcher Baker

16. Kobe Hetherington

17. Xavier Willison

Not a bad looking 17 tbh

1. Reece Walsh

2. Jesse Arthars

3. Selwyn Cobbo

4. Kotoni Staggs

5. Corey Oates

6. Ezra Mam

7. Adam Reynolds

8. Corey Jensen

9. Billy Walters

10. Payne Haas

11. Jordan Riki

12. Brendan Piakura

13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Tyson Smoothy

15. Fletcher Baker

16. Kobe Hetherington

17. Xavier Willison

Not a bad looking 17 tbh
All great players. But what happens when Reece limps off?

Tyson Smoothy injects himself into the back line and Selwyn takes over at #1 ? LOL .

Nah more like Kobe / Fletcher plays edge , Jordan moves out one space and Jez plays 1 .

Kobes...Fletch, Jordo.....and Jez. 😉

This discussion about size is a complete load of shit.

Who gives a shit how big they are. Cronulla threw a legitimate 2nd rower in the centres and Kotoni Staggs made him look second rate.

This discussion about size is a complete load of shit.

Who gives a shit how big they are. Cronulla threw a legitimate 2nd rower in the centres and Kotoni Staggs made him look second rate.

Was that the legitimate 2nd rower who destroyed the Manly centre the week before and got selected for NSW and Kotoni didn`t ?

If you are going with NSW origin selection as a basis for your argument, you are in trouble man. TPJ got selected last year after all.

Nah , you missed the point .

The legitimate 2nd rower got selected as a centre because he dominated a smaller centre is my point .

Also is Kotoni not the size of a legitimate 2nd rower as well ?

The legitimate 2nd rower got selected as a centre because he dominated a smaller centre is my point .

I'll think you'll find said centre got picked because Fittler had no idea what he was doing. Staggs made the Australian team after all but couldn't crack the NSW side.Even with second rowers, Uluakautu was the form second rower heading into origin and Hudson Young of all people was picked ahead of him.

If this is a continuation of my ongoing question as to who on the bench can fill in for an outside back, it's arse around. Kotoni is a starting centre who could fill in for a forward. Cobbo and Oates could cover a forward spot as well. I'm looking for a bench or starting forward who can win us a game playing on the wing or in the centres. It's going to happen, and it could happen in the first few minutes. See Origin 3, 2022.

@1910 reckoned Riki played wing in under age foot ball .
Problem solved .
Or Billy plays #6 Selwyn plays #1 and Ezra plays centre .
Lots of permutations .

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • mrslong
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • The Strapper
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Gaz
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skathen
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.