2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Was that the legitimate 2nd rower who destroyed the Manly centre the week before and got selected for NSW and Kotoni didn`t ?

You can't even name the Manly player.

That's how irrelevant it was.

We need to go to market for a 2nd rower, especially if this is a serious injury, but even if it isn't... cheap as chips solid option, that's all. We need to fill spots anyway, may as well get a minimum contract veteran who's looking for a 2nd chance...

NRL.com drops Oates and Smoothy for Mariner and Paix. Baker starts.

Billy says Paix won't be going to Vegas. Don't bet your house on this one.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 01 31 at 11 30 49 Team talk Your clubs predicted line up for Round 1

We need to go to market for a 2nd rower, especially if this is a serious injury, but even if it isn't... cheap as chips solid option, that's all. We need to fill spots anyway, may as well get a minimum contract veteran who's looking for a 2nd chance...

Re-vamp Corey Oates back row aspirations.....? Its pretty clear he aint gonna make it on the wing.

Queensland Under 19 Emerging Origin squad​

NameClub
Beni Allen Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Harry Armstrong Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Cooper BaiBurleigh Bears
Coby BlackBurleigh Bears
Mutua BrownMackay Cutters
Jett BryceBurleigh Bears
Cameron BukowskiWynnum Manly Seagulls
Jett ElichMelbourne Storm
Reece FoleySydney Roosters
Zac GartonRedcliffe Dolphins
Stanley HuenMelbourne Storm
Xavier KerriskMackay Cutters
Mason KiraNorthern Pride
Israel LeotaSouths Logan Magpies
Alton NaiyepManly Warringah Sea Eagles
LJ Nonu Redcliffe Dolphins
Jaxon PurdueMackay Cutters
Isaiah Scanlan Penrith Panthers
Jamal ShibasakiMackay Cutters
Larry Siala Redcliffe Dolphins
Kai SimonMackay Cutters
Bud SmithCanterbury-Bankstwon Bulldogs
Sam StephensonTweed Seagulls
Lewis SymondsRedcliffe Dolphins
Tariq TannerWynnum Manly Seagulls
Tyreece TaitSydney Roosters
Aholoka ToiaSydney Roosters
De La Salle Va'aSydney Roosters
Michael WaqaRedcliffe Dolphins
Matthew WattsMackay Cutters

Re-vamp Corey Oates back row aspirations.....? Its pretty clear he aint gonna make it on the wing.
It's not clear to us who can remember as far back as 2022, or even 2023 before he was illegally maimed. Maybe titrate down your herbal elixer. See if the memories come back.

Anyone know which broncos are allocated to which qld cup sides yet?

Particularly interested in the number 9 situation, as well as the middles. They could impact each other's times depending on allocation. Also interested in what the bears get from us. Coaching wise there will obviously be a strategy with the younger players to which club they are allocated (I'd hope!)

Anyone know which broncos are allocated to which qld cup sides yet?

Particularly interested in the number 9 situation, as well as the middles. They could impact each other's times depending on allocation. Also interested in what the bears get from us. Coaching wise there will obviously be a strategy with the younger players to which club they are allocated (I'd hope!)
I don't think so. That doesn't usually get a pin in it until a week or so before the season starts: that's March 9, this year.

But if you root through the player listings on QRL.com.au and the respective club's Facebook pages, you'll find most of them listed there.

Staggs:

“I think Selwyn can do a good job for us and hopefully he can play Origin there. Selwyn is one of those players you could put anywhere and he would do a good job for you. He has been training well in the centres and is doing everything we have asked. It is not just going to happen easy, moving from wing to centre. It is a different position, but he is coming up to me and asking questions about what to do in certain situations when you get stuck. Give him the ball and he will do something. If Selwyn is centre, fullback or in the middle he can do something out of nothing if you give him the ball. Not many can do what Selwyn can do. Give him space and he will take it. We are different players. He can do stuff I can’t. I can do stuff he can’t but we both want to compete and win.”​
“I just want to get better each day and better than I was yesterday. It was amazing to get to sit so close to Tom Brady and listen to his words. He is a seven-time Super Bowl champion and it is crazy because he has had different players around him all his life. The one thing we took out of it was that he wanted to be better than the other person in his position. He said he probably wasn’t the best athlete or the strongest or fittest but he made sure he competed better than them and made sure he was there on plays that he needed to be. His highlights showed that. You don’t have to be the best and fastest to prove a point. He proved a point.”​
“One hundred per cent I think we can win the comp. We have lost a few great players and leaders but it is not an individual sport. If we all work together as a team and gel I think we can get the job done this year. I have got a good feeling we can make it all the way this year. I think ‘Kevvie’ has got a tough decision coming up in round one.”​

Active Now

• Stix
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • Allo
  • The True King
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.